The Apple iPrinter

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Robinajax1, Oct 24, 2015.

?

iPrinter Apple's New Innovation?

1. Yes

2.9%
  2. No

97.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Robinajax1 macrumors member

Robinajax1

Hey everyone!

I have an innovative idea for a new product from apple. It is called : iPrinter.
    You don't want an enormous machine in yout house anymore... I mean.. Who wants that???
    Why not make it as easy for you as possible : printing paper in your own very hands!

The iPrinter looks the same as an ipad... But than twice as big. So its thicker..
    In this way.. You can put in paper in the front of your iprinter en when you press print on the touchscreen on the iprinter it will print your copy. On this iPrinter you can also browse on the internet, and than print a page straight away!

Let me know if you guys like this idea!

Thanks! Robin

2. xraydoc macrumors 604

xraydoc

Is this a joke? Or a poorly written troll?

3. Robinajax1 thread starter macrumors member

Robinajax1

I just thought it might be an awesome idea... Isn't it?

4. klover macrumors 6502a

5. mrex macrumors 68020

mrex

it would be too expensive to use, because it would only use apple branded colours and papers...

6. Badrottie Suspended

Badrottie

Maybe Apple should work with Lenmark for making Apple printer?

7. Robinajax1 thread starter macrumors member

Robinajax1

Lenmark?

8. Longkeg macrumors regular

Apple got out of the printer business 20 or so years ago. Anyone remember LaserWriters or StyleWriters? They were manufactured by other companies, Canon I think, and Apple slapped their logo on them. Ultimately Apple decided to let the printer companies do what they do best: make and sell printers. Apple concentrated on doing what they do best: thinking up and making cool stuff that nobody had thought up or made before.

If there were a market for the type of printer you describe one of the big printer companies would probably already be making it. If you really think you're on to something you should make your pitch to Lexmark, Epson, HP, Brother or the like... not Apple.

9. Badrottie Suspended

Badrottie

I misspell it it should be Lexmark. Sorry.

10. hovscorpion12 macrumors 65816

hovscorpion12

Apple will not make a printer, but should allow wireless printing to any printer from iPhone/iPad. Currently iOS can print to any Airprint-enabled printer, I want all printers

11. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

Nah, printing is not a big concern to people these days, and if it is, you're probably looking to print photos to mat and frame, or you want to print on weird sizes (I always print on the bigger index cards), so quality and all that really matters. We still use a 2004 HP OfficeJet for forms, papers, etc.

I use Printopia to get around the AirPrint requirements.

12. KiwiAdventure macrumors 6502a

You're the troll mate.

13. garirry macrumors 68000

garirry

I just don't see the point of them doing that, people print less and less so typical craprinters get the job done.

14. Cooee! macrumors member

Cooee!

15. xraydoc macrumors 604

xraydoc

An iPad with a printer in it? A single use device that wouldn't easily lend itself to working easily with other devices? Instead of something like a small printer that works with iPads, iPhones, Macs, PCs? What if I want to print from my phone? Do I need to pick up the iPrinter and re-navigate to what I need?

The so-called "portable" printers like the Epson WF-100 that I have are incredibly small, take up virtually no desk space and connect wirelessly to virtually everything. And it also has a battery and will print around 50 pages on a charge.

Besides, who prints anything these days?

16. FallenLegend macrumors member

FallenLegend

Literally any serious bussiness for starters.

17. xraydoc macrumors 604

xraydoc

A serious business does not have any use for an iPad with a built-in printer printing one sheet at a time. How many sheets do you think it could hold at a time and still be something handheld like an iPad? 1? 10?

A device like this would be geared for home use. And how many people want to browse the web on their sofa holding a printer iPad that's 4x as thick as a 1st generation iPad?

And people keep saying the Apple Watch is stupid.

18. FallenLegend macrumors member

FallenLegend

That's a strawman. You said "who prins these days". I don't see how a serious bussiness couldn't benefit of better printing tech.

A printer as a separate device that is. Obviously an ipad with a printer function is ridiculous, but nobody suggested that.

19. xraydoc macrumors 604

xraydoc

The OP suggested that. That's what this thread is about...

20. FallenLegend macrumors member

FallenLegend

No, read it again. He sugested a printer that looks like an ipad, not a printing ipad.

I still don't see how a printer with a touch interface, like an ipad, couldn't benfeit fom apple's top enginnering.

Granted I don't think apple needs to do so, but the idea isn't that far fetched.

21. xraydoc macrumors 604

xraydoc

Well then that's your take on the Engrish in OP, but I read it as a thicker iPad that you can browse on then print. Not a printer with a touch screen (which already exist, btw).

22. Bbqthis macrumors 6502a

Bbqthis

Apple already reinvented the printer in 1980.

23. Bbqthis macrumors 6502a

Bbqthis

c'mon man, it's obviously a kid. lighten up.

24. TheAppleFairy macrumors 68020

TheAppleFairy

The world is going away from paper. It's all about PDF files and other compatible formats. I did my entire mortgage paperwork via my iPad. Including the stuff they wanted printed, signed and faxed/emailed back. I used goodnotes to sign send back.

Companies are now email receipts instead of paper ones.

This year I finally stopped supplying my color inkjet printer and bought a very cheap HP laserjet for when I have to print.

This iPrinter isn't a good idea, IMO.

25. BetteF macrumors newbie

BetteF

Help! Trying to put my medications on an index card to carry in my purse. I usually put a few copies there to give to the doctors (or medics in an emergency). Used to do it in Word. Trying to master Text Edit now that I have an Apple. My HP is shrinking the text on the 4x6 so that it is hard to read. Any suggestions?