Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tonymac3955

macrumors newbie
May 17, 2011
Los Angeles
Atomic Diamondback Silver Satin Case for iPhone 4

Hey guys, If any of you is contemplating ordering this product from Atomic, you should be aware of the problems I've had so far. I ordered one of these on April 30th and was told that it would be sent to me by May 13th. Nothing! So I sent two emails to Atomic before I got a reply from customer service telling me that the company was at the mercy of the anodizers and that my case would be sent out by the end of the following week. And again, NOTHING! And not a peep from the company at this point about this latest delay. With shipping and handling, I paid $209.95 for this case and was hoping I'd have it by now to see how well it worked and review it for others who might be interested in purchasing it. The company adamantly claims the case WILL NOT interfere with the phone's signal, but I can't confirm this until I actually get it. I'm pretty certain my case won't be shipped this week either. In fact, I'm beginning to wonder just how long it will take to get it, or if I will? Fortunately, I made the purchase through PayPal and can file a claim if I never receive the product. At the time of this posting it will have been almost a full month since I placed my order and despite delivery promises at least twice, I've not received the case and no word from the company as to when it will ship. If and when it finally does arrive, I will post a review of the case here and let you know whether I think it is worth the expense and/or the wait! In the meantime, consider yourselves warned!

TheBigKing

macrumors 65816
Jul 27, 2010
PR

Attachments

• dsc0252qo.jpg
    dsc0252qo.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 157

T-Rip

macrumors newbie
May 24, 2011
Diamond back review

so lets hear a thing or two about the case,
reception?
gps? No problems
fit? Awesome. Especially in the hand
quality? Amazing. Rugged but very stylish
anything?????? It's great. I hope they come out with more colors

gcarlucci

macrumors member
Jan 18, 2011
Herndon, VA
Hey guys, If any of you is contemplating ordering this product from Atomic, you should be aware of the problems I've had so far. I ordered one of these on April 30th and was told that it would be sent to me by May 13th. Nothing! So I sent two emails to Atomic before I got a reply from customer service telling me that the company was at the mercy of the anodizers and that my case would be sent out by the end of the following week. And again, NOTHING! And not a peep from the company at this point about this latest delay. With shipping and handling, I paid $209.95 for this case and was hoping I'd have it by now to see how well it worked and review it for others who might be interested in purchasing it. The company adamantly claims the case WILL NOT interfere with the phone's signal, but I can't confirm this until I actually get it. I'm pretty certain my case won't be shipped this week either. In fact, I'm beginning to wonder just how long it will take to get it, or if I will? Fortunately, I made the purchase through PayPal and can file a claim if I never receive the product. At the time of this posting it will have been almost a full month since I placed my order and despite delivery promises at least twice, I've not received the case and no word from the company as to when it will ship. If and when it finally does arrive, I will post a review of the case here and let you know whether I think it is worth the expense and/or the wait! In the meantime, consider yourselves warned!

I ordered on the 18th but still nada. But I emailed them and they told me mines in the next batch next week. I didnt come on here and whine. However Ill copied your post and emailed them to refund you. Im sure they have no issue doing that so you feel more comfortable. :)

I totally understand your frustration. Cheer up.

scelzifan

macrumors 6502
Dec 4, 2010
Well, one of mine is here and the other is on its way. I have done some initial testing and the verdict is still out. My case has a few flaws so I want to wait until my other gets here to give all my testing etc. But, the case is attractive and feels well in your hand. It looks very neat in person. When my black one shows up I will post up pics of both of them on both of my phones, white and black. And then give everyone a full review on fit, gps signal etc. Its supposed to ship Monday overnight. So we will see.

scelzifan

macrumors 6502
Dec 4, 2010
Well I was lucky enough to get ahold of the guys at Atomic today and I changed my order from Black to Gunmetal. I have seen several black ones and I like it but I want to try a gunmetal instead. Nobody has posted that yet that I know of and I think it will go great with either color of phone also. So I hope to have it Tuesday and I will post pics when it shows.

ashlodad

macrumors member
Sep 21, 2010
Well, one of mine is here and the other is on its way. I have done some initial testing and the verdict is still out. My case has a few flaws so I want to wait until my other gets here to give all my testing etc. But, the case is attractive and feels well in your hand. It looks very neat in person. When my black one shows up I will post up pics of both of them on both of my phones, white and black. And then give everyone a full review on fit, gps signal etc. Its supposed to ship Monday overnight. So we will see.

scelzifan since you have both atomic Diamondback and Vapr pro, in your opinion which case are better , what about reception on Diamondback, i ownthe pro LTE now , it a great case i am interest to buy the Diamondback too, but waiting for more reviews

scelzifan

macrumors 6502
Dec 4, 2010
I do own both cases. I have 2 pro's and I am waiting on my second Diamondback. I will have the other one this week for sure then I will post up my silver and black diamondbacks on both a white and black phone. Its very good looking and the packaging is great as well. I would just rather wait until I get my other one to do a full review for you. So save your cash for a few days and I will show you any picture you want and test out the case next to the pro. They are both good cases and at this point they are the top 2 by far imo. Give me a few more days and I will answer all your questions.
scelzifan since you have both atomic Diamondback and Vapr pro, in your opinion which case are better , what about reception on Diamondback, i ownthe pro LTE now , it a great case i am interest to buy the Diamondback too, but waiting for more reviews

scelzifan

macrumors 6502
Dec 4, 2010
Here are a few pics for now of the case I have. Its with my white phone with my silver Diamondback and Silver Pro. The Diamondback has a lot more going on, especially the back. The front clear piece looks pretty awesome too. So on looks alone I think the Diamondback takes the prize in that area. When I get my black one I will use my black phone and my black pro and compare them so you can see both of those and then some more pics and details. But here are these for now.

Attachments

• 100_0248.jpg
    100_0248.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 84
  • 100_0366.jpg
    100_0366.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 89
  • 100_0251.jpg
    100_0251.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 102
  • 100_0410.JPG
    100_0410.JPG
    463.1 KB · Views: 94
Last edited:

ashlodad

macrumors member
Sep 21, 2010
Here are a few pics for now of the case I have. Its with my white phone with my silver Diamondback and Silver Pro. The Diamondback has a lot more going on, especially the back. The front clear piece looks pretty awesome too. So on looks alone I think the Diamondback takes the prize in that area. When I get my black one I will use my black phone and my black pro and compare them so you can see both of those and then some more pics and details. But here are these for now.

scelzifan, thanks for the pictures i have question here silver diamonback , the plastic clear is optional because i saw you have the clear and the black for the silver diamondback

scelzifan

macrumors 6502
Dec 4, 2010
You can actually get clear, white or black for the front. I am getting a white one with my black back to go with my white phone. I went ahead and took several pictures of this case on the black phone with both fronts that I will post in a few minutes.
scelzifan, thanks for the pictures i have question here silver diamonback , the plastic clear is optional because i saw you have the clear and the black for the silver diamondback

ashlodad

macrumors member
Sep 21, 2010
You can actually get clear, white or black for the front. I am getting a white one with my black back to go with my white phone. I went ahead and took several pictures of this case on the black phone with both fronts that I will post in a few minutes.

is that extra you have to pay for the front?

scelzifan

macrumors 6502
Dec 4, 2010
No, you get to pick which color you want with your case. I didn't know which color would look best so I got them all. They are I believe 35 extra for the different fronts but the first one comes with the case.
is that extra you have to pay for the front?

Last edited:

scelzifan

macrumors 6502
Dec 4, 2010
The black front matches the black phone perfectly. I will post here in a second but you can barely tell where the phone ends and the case starts. Its a nice feel, not soft like a rubber bumper but not hard like a real hard plastic. Its kind of in the middle.
i see , for the black color front is that matte soft touch feel or glossy shine

scelzifan

macrumors 6502
Dec 4, 2010
Silver Diamondback on Black Phone.

Here is the silver Diamondback with the clear and black front on my black phone. I am a big fan of the clear. It goes well with any color and being able to see the antenna is pretty neat.
photo3.jpg

photo6.jpg

photo9.jpg

ashlodad

macrumors member
Sep 21, 2010
nice photos you have there with the case, i think the front part materials the same with their hybrid cases which one side hard platic and the one aluminum, thanks for the helps

scelzifan

macrumors 6502
Dec 4, 2010
Its close to the same material but I don't know exactly if its the same material. This feels a little bit softer but I could be wrong. But it is very similar.
nice photos you have there with the case, i think the front part materials the same with their hybrid cases which one side hard platic and the one aluminum, thanks for the helps

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.