The AW3 and using Siri.

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Newtons Apple, Sep 16, 2017.

1. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

My one gripe about using Siri on the Apple Watch, is having to read on the watch, any responses from Siri.

Does the AW3 allow Siri to use the speaker so if I ask how much time is left on the timer, she can actually tell me rather than I needing to read it. Anyone else thing this would be helpful.

2. GoFlex macrumors regular

GoFlex

Yes the new Apple Watch allows for Siri feedback so that would work.

3. Newtons Apple thread starter macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

I hope the AW3 speaker is improved over previous models, especially if Apple wants us to make phone calls with it.

4. GoFlex macrumors regular

GoFlex

The speaker will be very quiet to be honest, it's such a small device. Most people wear headphones when using the watch.

5. Newtons Apple thread starter macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

If they did not improve the speaker, phone calls in anything except a quiet environment will be impossible.

Dick Tracey did not go in a closet to make phone calls!

6. georgedanton macrumors newbie

Do you know if the new iOS will allow for Siri feedback through speaker on the Apple Watch Series 2? In other words is this software solution or does it require new hardware only found in the Apple Watch series 3?
    --- Post Merged, Sep 16, 2017 ---
    Does anyone know which features in the new watchOS 4 our only available on the new Apple Watch series 3?

7. Relentless Power, Sep 16, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2017

Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

No, Siri having a voice is strictly exclusive to the Series 3. It's due to the hardware that's allowing Siri to have a voice with due to the new faster dual core processor. I believe Jeff Williams touched on the capabilities with Siri having a voice in the Keynote.

8. WilliamG macrumors G3

I REALLY hope Siri is much faster on S3 Apple Watch. It drives me nuts how slow she is to respond on my Series 0. My iPhone 7 will e.g. turn a light on or off or give me a response to a question instantly. With the S0... it's waiting... and waiting...