Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

abeyk

macrumors regular
Jul 9, 2006
Houston, TX
haha! my first thought was, "damn, that ipod's a lot bigger than i thought it'd be"

how long till we can expect to see the vid released by apple? any ideas?

Its already released, its on the quicktime website but with spoilers

joseph2166

macrumors 6502
Jan 11, 2006
The page for the September event has been posted with all the correct graphics, titles etc., it's just the link to the actual video that's wrong.

Thanks - tutut apple getting ahead of itself! Hope it's soon, but being a regular to this I bet another few days...

RossoA

macrumors 6502
Aug 29, 2007
Horsham, UK
OMFG! I've just got home from work, it's 4 hours post-keynote and I'm excited as hell!

I need this video!!!

I hope there are people gonna stay with me! :D

.Rosso

fadetowhite

macrumors newbie
Apr 15, 2004
NS, Canada
OMFG! I've just got home from work, it's 4 hours post-keynote and I'm excited as hell!

I need this video!!!

I hope there are people gonna stay with me! :D

.Rosso

I was really excited, but I had to go to apple.com to get to the video, so some things were ruined for me.

Watching the keynote now though.

Dish

macrumors newbie
Sep 5, 2007
man, with a few days in question i might just go ahead and look :(

i've avoided the rest of the internet all day to make sure i wasn't assaulted with ipod news.

I guess i'll stick it out a bit longer. thanks to all you reg's for keeping us updated!

bmoseley07

macrumors member
Jan 13, 2007
The video posted isn't the correct one. It's the previous keynote presenting the new iMacs.

lucascantor

macrumors member
Mar 13, 2007
San Francisco
Fix The Link!!!

COME ON! This is my first spoiler-free keynote, and I'm sitting here with the wrong link when I know the right one is already up? Let's go!!!

xtqqtxxx

macrumors member
Mar 6, 2006
If the right video is on Apple's site, can someone post the correct URL for it? PLEASE. :D

NEVERMIND

katanna

macrumors 6502
May 6, 2004
lol, FOX posted ANOTHER headline in it's RSS feed... *sigh* when will I learn?

*Still waiting for less-choppy video*

Matthew

jmmv

macrumors newbie
Jan 13, 2007
Incorrect quicktime link

Sorry if this has been said, but I resisted to read the comments to prevent any spoilers. The Quicktime link posted in the article points to the August keynote about the iMac, not today's iPod one!

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
For those who haven't spotted the link here in this thread, our spoiler-free article has now been updated with the correct direct link to the Quicktime file, bypassing Apple's page that contains spoilers.

Apologies for the initial incorrect link (partial blame goes to Apple for posting the page about today's event and then linking to the wrong file) and the delay in getting the correct link posted.

Voidness

macrumors 6502a
Aug 2, 2005
Null
Is anyone having trouble watching the stream? It's ridiculously choppy over here, and strangely, the higher quality version is a bit less choppy than the lower quality one.

katanna

macrumors 6502
May 6, 2004
Is anyone having trouble watching the stream? It's ridiculously choppy over here, and strangely, the higher quality version is a bit less choppy than the lower quality one.

I also was having a lot of problems watching the posted link, so I went to the Quicktime Events page (spoilerish) and used that link... MUCH better! Higher quality, and IT WORKED...

... and after finishing the speech, all I can say is... WOW! SO many bombshells he dropped... and then some chick sang at the end... but still, WOW!

Matthew

Macnoviz

macrumors 65816
Jan 10, 2006
Roeselare, Belgium
well, I just got up, seeing that I left right before they posted...

just a question: is the quality of the spoilerish quicktime link really better?

Voidness

macrumors 6502a
Aug 2, 2005
Null
Well, the link I posted earlier is the same link you'll find in the spoiler page. I managed to get the link without spoiling anything by hiding the browser window and grabbed the stream link from the HTML source :)

Anyway, I still didn't see the keynote. The stream in incredibly choppy for me, and I hope someone could post a link for downloading the keynote directly. Typing apple.com in the address bar is becoming increasingly tempting :p

Voidness

macrumors 6502a
Aug 2, 2005
Null
Yes, I tried opening it in Quicktime, it's very choppy and unwatchable. I know I have a bad internet connection to begin with, but I did manege to watch the WWDC 2007 keynote on an even slower connection. So I'm assuming the streaming server is still very busy.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.