The best email service for 2015?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by AGX, Aug 18, 2015.

?

The best email service for 2015?

1. Yahoo Mail

3 vote(s)
    7.5%
  2. Gmail

26 vote(s)
    65.0%
  3. Outlook.com

3 vote(s)
    7.5%
  4. AOL

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Other

8 vote(s)
    20.0%
  1. AGX macrumors regular

2. AustinIllini macrumors demi-god

AustinIllini

I haven't tried AOL, but if MS Outlook is any indication, it's still GMAIL. I have yahoo and gmail. Advantage GMAIL.

3. Mr. McMac Suspended

Mr. McMac

I use and love gmail because of their excellent spam filtering. That said, I no longer use Verizon Fios for email because their spam filtering doesn't work at all....

4. professional445 macrumors member

5. AustinIllini macrumors demi-god

AustinIllini

Spam protection is just not up to snuff relative to gmail.

6. markhort macrumors 6502a

markhort

Moved over to iCloud a few years ago.

7. heehee macrumors 68020

heehee

8. chabig macrumors 68040

I'm still waiting for the results of the 2014 survey.

9. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

I can't claim to have tried them all, but google mail is convenient to manage. I still miss Eudora...

10. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

11. tshrimp macrumors 6502

tshrimp

I use gmail, yahoo, outlookl. I stopped using gmail as much when I was looking to buy a vehicle and started sending a few emails out. I noticed the advertisements started to change based on this. So did a google email test where I sent emails and put information in them about specific items in the text area, and sure enough it looks as though google actually reads your emails to cater their advertising to you. I wasn't to comfortable with that, so now not using it very often.

Also can't stand the default conversation view in gmail. Not sure why so many email services have started to follow this. Maybe I am one of the few who like the old way of sorting emails. give me by date in the order I receive and I am happy. At least you can adjust.

In reality outlook is probably the best, but for some reason don't use it often.

FYI..Isn't google the great "big data" satan? I am surprised it is number one...Kind of.

12. SkyBell macrumors 604

SkyBell

I used to be a big Yahoo mail fan, they served me well for years. But somewhere in all their constant UI updated to it over the years, I felt it got clunkier and slower. Somewhere in one of these transitions, they lost the first five or six years worth of all my saved emails, as well. I don't know if they've improved, but I definitely wouldn't personally go back to them.

AOL is simple enough and works fairly well, or at least that's the vibe I get from the two or three brief times a year I have to check mine. :p I've never used Outlook though.

I have a gmail, but it's my spambox. I always hear people rave about the supposedly great spam filtering gmail has, but it has never worked for me worth a darn.

Nowadays my primary email is a small, free IMAP provider through Mozilla Thunderbird. Best email account I've ever had. :D

13. juanm macrumors 65816

juanm

Outlook sucks, as if they tried to make the most logical and used features hard to reach.
    Yahoo is better, although I almost never use it.
    Gmail is confusing on long email threads (online), but I guess it's the best of the three. It has some nice features well implemented.

I also like iCloud, because it's integrated with the rest of Apple's suite, and remains coherent even from a browser.

14. Photography macrumors 65816

Photography

I use all of the email services for different purposes, but my favorites are Fastmail (for the gorgeous web UI and exceptional IMAP), Gmail (for the excellent spam filter), and Yahoo Mail (for the space).

15. woodywoodz Suspended

woodywoodz

16. Ghost31 macrumors 68000

Ghost31

iCloud without a doubt. I still have my gmail address, but iCloud works so well and I appreciate apples commitment to privacy so much that I'm using iCloud as my main email

17. shenfrey macrumors 68000

Why is iCloud even under other? AOL gets its own radio button, but not iCloud? \O/

18. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

I aleays felt that a home user should have TWO email address. One for online shopping and the other for close family, friends! This way you can slim down your SPAM with good filters!

19. Ulenspiegel macrumors 68020

Ulenspiegel

Sorry to revive an older thread.
    Best service as a category depends on what you really need.
    For me the best service is provided by ProtonMail (agreeing with Tamagotchi) and Tutanota as I value privacy more than anything else. The latter has an iOS and an Android app as well.

20. east85 macrumors 65816

east85

Gmail has become very good at detecting spam due to advances in neural networks. I still use them and probably won't stop anytime soon.