The best Mac you ever owned...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Markov, Mar 29, 2009.

1. Markov macrumors 6502

Markov

I wasn't exactly sure where to post this, so I figured why not here?

Anyway, the point of this thread is to tell everyone which Mac you owned that was your favorite, most fun, reliable, and just simply "the best computer". It doesn't have to be cutting edge technology, it can be pre Intel, even pre PPC... it's your favorite mac, that's the only requirement... a mac! Start off by giving the specs of the machine, then explain why you chose it.

I'll start, my favorite mac is the one I'm typing on right now... my MacBook Pro (Specs in my sig). It has never had a single issue, it does EVERYTHING I need it to do, such as: gaming, word processing, net surfing, movies, 3D rendering, music editing, ripping DVD's... the list goes on.

Well that's my short bit, I hope that others share their experiences! This will help those thinking of buying a Mac feel better about their decision. It's unfortunate that this type of forum is riddled with horror stories, so lets brighten it up a bit!

2. zer0tails macrumors 65816

zer0tails

My best mac I ever owned is my mac pro with 30" ACD. It has been pure computing bliss and no matter what I throw at it..it handles it with ease :D

3. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    My favorite Mac is my Aluminum Macbook that I picked up only a few days ago. It blows my other Mac out of the water, and never slows down with anything that I do. I can't imagine needing anything else. :)

4. ayeying macrumors 601

ayeying

my current macbook pro, 17" unibody.

Very fast, great performance. Expandable to very high specs for current levels.

5. Davy.Shalom macrumors 6502

Davy.Shalom

My 12" PowerBook in the signature. Next favorite Mac is the PowerMac G5 in signature.

6. SkyBell macrumors 604

SkyBell

The iBook G4 I'm typing this on. Never had a problem with it, it does everything I need in a computer and more. Plus I think 12" notebooks are the best size of notebook. :p

7. smurfjammer macrumors 6502a

smurfjammer

Quicksilver G4 Tower, best looking Apple tower ever made :D

8. Davy.Shalom macrumors 6502

Davy.Shalom

I do agree that that is a relatively attractive desktop design, but I prefer the G5 PowerMac design.

9. tdgrn macrumors 6502

My Uni-body MBP that I have right now. Considering I had issues with my first MBP (bought with Tiger installed) and I had so many issues that Apple decided to give me this one, this uni has been amazing, and no issues. Amazing considering that it is a Rev A machine.

10. Davy.Shalom macrumors 6502

Davy.Shalom

I agree with that. They are very portable. My only problem with the iBooks is the keyboard flexes when I type. Maybe I just hit hte keys hard...

11. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

My current iMac, obviously.

But I had a certain attachment to an iBook G3 I had a few years ago. I bought it as a secondary, "plaything" computer, but it grew to become my primary computer, and did much, much more than I expected it to do.

I sold it to get a Mac mini in a moment of I WANT!

I sort of regret it, but I still have that Mac mini, so it's not all bad.

12. SkyBell macrumors 604

SkyBell

Hmm. Well, my iBook G3 has a very spongy feel and flexes when I type. No problems with my G4 though.

13. Davy.Shalom macrumors 6502

Davy.Shalom

Well I meant teh G3. I agree the G4s have very firm keyboards.

14. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

Best Mac is hard to define.

The coolest, which is the best in my mind, would be my TAM.

As for the one that is the fastest, it would be my year old MBP15.

15. ajohnson253 macrumors 68000

ajohnson253

my current toy is the 15" 2.4 mbp, perfect for me. no problems. Anything I throw at it, it does more then just handle.

16. kockgunner macrumors 68000

kockgunner

I like my Early 2008 Macbook Pro despite a few problems I've had with it although I'm sure I would've loved the 12" Powerbook G4 if I was in the Mac world back then.

17. capriseyhaze macrumors regular

capriseyhaze

i would have to say my mac pro with the 30" ACD. that thing was lightning fast just a pure beast. but i only had it for like a week and half. i had to send it back because it was too loud when i recored music. the sound would register in the mic so i had to get a imac. i love the imac but i still cry about my mac pro. i miss you baby lololhahaha:p

18. Ahboyd macrumors member

Ahboyd

19. dentedG4 macrumors member

PowerBook 12" FTW!

The swiss army knife of computing! Every time i turn it on I get that warm fuzzy feeling that even my MBP cannot match.

20. miniConvert macrumors 68040

miniConvert

Mine has to be my Core Duo mini with 23" ACD. They make a fantastic combo and, while the mini is obviously no good for anything graphics intensive, it's ridiculously fast for it's spec - it feels teh snappy™.

It's far more responsive than, for example, a top spec Core Duo iMac of the same vintage. Never understood that.

Anyway, long may it live.

21. ssdar macrumors member

my mac pro "speed monster" is still my favorite , but i also really like my unibody macbook pro :)

22. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

My favorite mac was my first mac: A 12" PowerBook G4. I STILL regret selling it to date. Best computer....no issues whatsoever and ran like a champ. Weirdly enough the computer i sold it for gave me nothing but issues. Sigh...

23. DAMNiatx macrumors 6502a

DAMNiatx

24. nerdish macrumors regular

Has to be my Mac Pro, simply because its the fastest and best looking Mac i have own/ed.

25. PDE macrumors 68020

Powerbook G3 PISMO! What a a mac: beautiful design, ergonomic, expandable, fantastic battery life with two batteries, all the ports anybody could ever want, easily accessible repairs through the keyboard and.....lasts forever! It's on its ninth year and still works like champ with no issues except a dead battery, talk about good investment. Amazing laptop.