The best MBP 13" case?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by flexbrah, Jul 10, 2011.

1. flexbrah macrumors newbie

I just made my first mac purchase (a MBP '11) and was wondering what the best case is for it? preferably, i want a black one... i'm just not sure where to start as i'm not familiar with the best brands for macs.

2. c0l3a5h3r macrumors member

c0l3a5h3r

What kind? A case to hold it in or something more like a shell for the laptop. I have a black incase sleeve and i love it. As for shells i couldn't say but i have heard that the speck products brand and the hard candy brand shells work well for a lot of people.

3. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

incase

They make some of the best cases I've seen around.

4. LogoLunchBox macrumors newbie

I want to know which case is good too!

I'm up in the air between a black Incase or black Speck.

Both are available at Best Buy.

5. shyam09, Jul 10, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2011

shyam09 macrumors 68000

shyam09

well i googled this and i found a comment from gdgt.com:

i got a booq that is currently discontinued for pretty cheap [about 25 bucks out the door :p, you gotta love promo codes :)] but i would recommend:
    booq Vyper XS3

However if you are interested in the BBP bags, here is the link:
    however cult of mac does a mini review on this BBP.
    The rest is in ur hands!

Happy Case Shopping. Do tell us your decision [and if possible] a minor review of some sort to help other wandering case finders :D

6. mlynchmob16 macrumors regular

I use this and love it. Incase Protective Sleeve Deluxe

http://store.apple.com/us/product/H1784ZM/A?n=macbookpro13&fnode=MTY1NDA2Ng&mco=MTkwNDAzNDk&s=topSellers

It has a separate zippered pocket that you can unzip to charge it while it is in the case. Comes in handy when I get home from school and need to charge my computer. Well protected, I don't even worry about it in my backpack. The faux-leather makes it look really nice. The inside is super soft and will not scratch or hurt your MBP at all. I'd recommend it to anyone with a 13" or 15" MBP.

7. Kyffin macrumors 6502

I use one of these: http://twelvesouth.com/products/bookbook/

Its well made, offers good protection and I was able to stash it in the college library with piece of mind whenever I popped out for a 'break'. Its been- and still is- a good case.

Attached Files:

8. satchow macrumors 6502

I do not recommend Speck cases. The tabs that hold the case onto the computer on the back left and right break so easily, leaving you with a case that doesn't really stay on unless you support the bottom. The Incase ones do not have these problems. The Incase ones do have a problem where the rubber feet on the bottom wrinkle up and begin to tear though. If you get a cheap knock off chinese one off EBay, the tabs that hold those cases onto the MacBook dig into your wrists while you're typing.

In summary, every freaking case has significant problems but IMO Incase has the least significant one.

9. ladytonya macrumors 6502a

I have to second the recommendation for the Incase Protective Sleeve Deluxe. It is a very nicely built, high quality case. It is well padded and I never worry about throwing my 13" MacBook Pro in my bag with other things. I LOVE the zipper access to the charging port so you can charge it while it is in the case. I got the white one but they had black and I think brown as well. They are very soft inside and protective, have protection on the inside so the zipper can't scratch the aluminum on your MacBook Pro, and the outside pocket is great for the MagSafe charger or whatever small accessory you might need to carry with you.

Personally, I thought I'd need to carry more because I'm used to always needing my charger with my old HP laptop, but with this MacBook Pro I only charge it at night. For my daytime usage, I have yet to have the batter run low so I never even carry my charger any more unless I'm traveling. It is great! Of course, I will have had mine for a week tomorrow, so I'm kind of still in the honeymoon phase. LOL!