The Big Fast Food/Pizza Chains Should All Close

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by MICHAELSD, Aug 26, 2013.

1. MICHAELSD, Aug 26, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2013

MICHAELSD macrumors 68040

MICHAELSD

Definition of McDonald's, Burger King, Taco Bell, Wendy's, etc.: ****** food filled with **** chemicals made in ****** conditions by employees that don't give a **** about you. The last part happens to the best due to fast pace eventually. All this combines to make these places inedible; should be avoided!

Stop fueling these unappetizing, unhealthy excuses for food. Go to local restaurants and smaller chains that care about quality. For a few dollars more, the difference between even McDonald's and a SmashBurger is huge.

Same goes with pizza. I'm sure you have better family-run pizza joints around you at similar prices. How stupid do some people have to be to order from Papa John's or Domino's?

It's a matter of finding what's around and looking up deals/coupons if you're looking for value. There's no value in McNuggets no matter the price.

Edit: This thread is being taken for saying a point it's not. It's not against unhealthy food; I'm against fast food restaurants when you can get unhealthy food at tastier places with some nutrition! Support local businesses and stop eating chemicals.

2. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Feel better, now that you've gotten that off your chest?:rolleyes:

3. MacDawg macrumors Core

MacDawg

I'm all for eating healthy and having a healthier lifestyle
    But I don't presume to make choices for others, only me
    That's because I wouldn't want them making any choices for me

4. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Okay man.

Look, I know a great deal of people who have chosen a healthier lifestyle. I am all for it. What I don't care for is when these people are hypocrites about it and act as though they never made a bad choice, ate like ****, drank too much, etc.

As far as the rant, people will always go there. You just need to choose not to and leave it be.

5. Mr. McMac Suspended

Mr. McMac

I'm 61 years old and have had my share of fast food, and still do. Guess what? I'm still thin and healthy. You have a choice my friend. Don't eat it if you don't like it! Don't dictate to me just because there are fat slobs out there what I can and cannot eat. I hate people like you!!!

6. Plutonius macrumors 604

Plutonius

Says the person from NJ :D.

Vegetarians have similar opinions except that it's meat we should not eat. To each there own and why worry about what others are eating.

7. Mr. McMac Suspended

Mr. McMac

Can't wait to have my steak and fattening french fries tonight!

8. MICHAELSD thread starter macrumors 68040

MICHAELSD

Oh, I'm all for eating steak and french fries. I'm in no way saying you have to eat organic carrots and chicken; I don't! It's just that McDonald's isn't food. Yes, eat chicken nuggets! Just not chicken nuggets made with more chemicals and fillers than chickens. The big fast food places are sellouts. Eat burgers, fries, etc. but don't fuel chemical food made in disgusting kitchens.

----------

NJ is home to a lot of delicious, healthy restaurants; don't let Christie fool you.

It's not about not eating fries, burgers, etc. Eat those but support local businesses that sell them that don't sell out nutrition for money.

9. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    French fries with steak? Comeon. Go whole hog and get a giant loaded baked potato, smothered in butter, sour cream, with huge lumps of cheddar melted in, and covered in bacon bits and chives.

It's healthier than french fries because it's a potato. And potatoes are vegetables.

10. decafjava macrumors 68020

decafjava

Wait wait, now if potatoes are vegetables and therefore healthy and french fries are potatoes then french fries = vegetables.

See good thing we are on a forum dedicated to computers and electronic things cause we know logic!

11. SkyBell macrumors 604

SkyBell

I've yet to find any chicken nuggets that appeal to me more than Mickey D's; therefore I will continue to eat chicken nuggets from there.

Deal with it. :cool:

12. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

No offense but just because you don't like them means we close every one of them.

I enjoy the freedom of choice, your choice is to just ignore them and choose somewhere else to eat

Edit: many of the pizza chains makes very good food and I enjoy them, as do many other people.

13. SandboxGeneral Moderator emeritus

SandboxGeneral

I'm considering going to Wendy's for a double burger, McDonald's for a large Coke and Burger King for a large fries. Mmmmmmm :D

14. JackieInCo macrumors 603

Nothing beats McD's fries when they are right out of the oil.

Sure the food is unhealthy but they have a right to remain open just as we have the right to eat what we choose.

15. Apple fanboy macrumors Penryn

Apple fanboy

The Big Fast Food/Pizza Chains Should All Close

So what happens to all those guys making not much more than minimum wage.

You have just chosen the dole queue for them.

Vote with your feet. If you don't want to eat there, then don't. I had a McDonalds meal for lunch today. Do I feel guilty? No. It was the only the second time I had one this year.

Judge me all you like, but we all no what we should eat, and what we want to it. Generally (for me) they are not the same. As long as you keep the stuff in moderation whats the problem?

16. Mr. McMac Suspended

Mr. McMac

Oh boy, those 2 Egg McMuffins I had yesterday morning were delightful. It will probably take a year or 2 off my life, but what the heck. I'm enjoying my life. What's wrong with that?

17. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

The only place I can sortakinda agree with the original poster on is Taco Bell. Not that it's terrible or anything, but...well...since they started advertising their meat as "protein" rather than "beef", I've been kinda suspicious of it.

Call me old fashioned, but I like having a basic idea of what I'm eating. Beef is kinda straightforward. It has to have a certain amount of parts we generally eat from the cow to be considered beef. Protein? That could be anything. I could be chowing down on chicken gizzards and chum for all I know.

The only thing I get from Taco Bell these days are black bean burritos and Baja Blast Mountain Dews. The latter I get because, well...it's a safe way to address my antifreeze addiction.

18. Mr. McMac Suspended

Mr. McMac

Wow man, now you're talking! My mouth is watering right now. Now that op has mentioned it, I'll probably have pizza with mushrooms for lunch tomorrow!

19. aristobrat macrumors G5

Mayor Bloomberg, is that you?!? :eek:

20. Kissaragi macrumors 68020

And my ignore grows by one more....

If you don't like fast food, don't eat it!

21. Mr. McMac Suspended

Mr. McMac

Now that was funny! LOL!!!!

22. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

A pizza with crumbled, evenly spread beef, black olives, and mushrooms is THE BEST! Now that you've brought it up, I think I'm gonna get one for dinner tonight.

23. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

Dammit, you shouldn't have said anything!

I'm craving one now as well.. though in the interest of fairness, I'll go with turkey sausage, mushrooms, and ricotta cheese.. Time for a trip to Whole Foods for a pizza!

BL.

24. Mr. McMac Suspended

Mr. McMac

I really have to stop reading this thread. It's making me crave crappy unhealthy fast food more than ever. To the OP, no offense, this thread is backfiring on you big time! lol!

25. sdilley14 macrumors 65816

I don't think the OP is saying, "don't eat burgers/fries/pizza/whatever because it'll make you fat!" I think he is saying not to eat at the chains because the food they make there is lesser quality than what you would find at a local, independantly run restaurant making the same type of foods. Which I could understand and agree with. However, say what you will about it, I love me some Pizza Hut, Dominos, McDonald's, etc. And not only do I enjoy eating at these places, it's more affordable, faster, and often more accessible than locally owned/run places.