Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CanadianGeek

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 24, 2012
Canadaland
Talked to a Jump+ employee in St Catharines.

Don't believe they will be selling the iPhones.

Yeah, just called them up, they said THEY WILL be selling them but locked to bell but I could just buy OOC. Any idea what time orders will start on apple.ca? Any other places selling them? AND, the real question: WHEN will they deliver?

dtbratt

macrumors 6502
Feb 6, 2011
Amherstburg, ON
Yeah, just called them up, they said THEY WILL be selling them but locked to bell but I could just buy OOC. Any idea what time orders will start on apple.ca? Any other places selling them? AND, the real question: WHEN will they deliver?

3am EST this Friday. Id assume they would take a week to ship if you order right away. Ill be going to Mapleview in Burlington.

CanadianGeek

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 24, 2012
Canadaland
I'm going to be buying either Unlocked or out of term gold iphone either 64 or 32 gb (haven't decided yet) and going to be using it on Virgin. Post your shipment updates and things after it's ordered!

mikeyhd

macrumors member
Dec 2, 2011
Canada
who line up at apple store? I think I pass by around 6:30 or 7:00 am if the lines is short I'll wait if not, online ordering

mok749

macrumors newbie
Dec 3, 2010
3am EST this Friday. Id assume they would take a week to ship if you order right away. Ill be going to Mapleview in Burlington.

Hey, when are you going down to the Mapleview store? I was thinking about going down but not sure when would be too late to head down.

cristovao

macrumors 6502a
Aug 20, 2010
Calgary

Re-stating, 3am EST online sale tomorrow. Based on what Australian online orders are showing, 7-10 days shipping. All reports are pointing to quick sell out with very low availability of white and gold. Some are claiming this is just a ruse but time will tell.

My plan to buy one tonight fell through because the flaky chick who said she was going to buy my 64GB 5 today was a no-show. :mad:

zp3dd4

macrumors member
Jun 21, 2009
Any idea if you can order a locked iphone 5S from the apple.ca website at 3am? Sofar I can only see unlocked 5Cs.., not sure if there will only be unlocked 5S on the website..

CanadianGeek

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 24, 2012
Canadaland
Any idea if you can order a locked iphone 5S from the apple.ca website at 3am? Sofar I can only see unlocked 5Cs.., not sure if there will only be unlocked 5S on the website..

They will only sell unlocked ones at full price at the apple store online and in store, if you want subsidized your going to have to go to your carrier.

MVallee

macrumors 6502a
Feb 8, 2007
Ontario, Canada
At the Upper Canada Mall in Newmarket. Got here at 6:30 and there are probably less than 100 people in front of me. I didn't count but the line is not that long and is pretty much single file spread out because of people with chairs and stuff. I'm only 4 storefronts from Apple. Hope I get my phone!

craigc_

macrumors 6502
Jul 5, 2007
At the Upper Canada Mall in Newmarket. Got here at 6:30 and there are probably less than 100 people in front of me. I didn't count but the line is not that long and is pretty much single file spread out because of people with chairs and stuff. I'm only 4 storefronts from Apple. Hope I get my phone!

Does it seem like it's growing quickly? I on my way there should be there in about 15-20 min.

MVallee

macrumors 6502a
Feb 8, 2007
Ontario, Canada
Does it seem like it's growing quickly? I on my way there should be there in about 15-20 min.

Been here for half an hour now and there's about 10-12 new people behind me. Not bad. They just came around and said they will be starting to hand out cards based on models people want and then they will spilt the line into 2 for upgrades or unlocked.

craigc_

macrumors 6502
Jul 5, 2007
Been here for half an hour now and there's about 10-12 new people behind me. Not bad. They just came around and said they will be starting to hand out cards based on models people want and then they will spilt the line into 2 for upgrades or unlocked.

Ok sounds good. Seems like I'll be ok if I get thee in the next 15 mins or so

MVallee

macrumors 6502a
Feb 8, 2007
Ontario, Canada
Ok sounds good. Seems like I'll be ok if I get thee in the next 15 mins or so

Ya you should be ok. The line just compressed for some reason and we moved up about 30 feet or so. Now I can see the whole thing and it's WAY smaller than I was thinking it would be.

TheSponge

macrumors member
Sep 5, 2013
Ordered online this AM and says delivers between Oct. 7th and 10th.. Damn that's a long wait.

Anyone else have the same thing?

xero9

macrumors 6502a
Nov 7, 2006
Ordered online as soon as I could last night and getting 7-10 days as well.

I have Cadillac Fairview gift cards I wouldn't mind using up and I didn't think they'd allow for unlocked purchases in store (at least not on launch day). Now I'm wondering if Markville mall would be busy..

mikeyhd

macrumors member
Dec 2, 2011
Canada
Went to Carefour Laval 90 min before opening 30th in line and the the grey 64GB, but the gold run out pretty fast

xero9

macrumors 6502a
Nov 7, 2006
Just phoned Markville Apple store.. Completely sold out of the 5S. Ah well, guess I'll have to wait for my phone to be shipped.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.