The Cheese thread.......

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Original poster
Jan 9, 2008
Sunny, Southern California
So, it looks like there is some interest in that wonderful thing we call cheese. So, having said that, here is the MacRumors official cheese thread.

I would have to say some of my favorite styles of cheese are; Brea, Blue, and of course extra sharp cheddar! Not to be outdone, but I also really like some goat cheeses that we have picked up over the years.

Of course one cannot just have cheese alone, so if you have any pairings, whether it is with a good wine or beer! Please post those also........

MechaSpanky

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2007
I grew up in America and I have always loved cheese. My family ate many different kinds of cheese and I thought I had eaten some pretty good cheese until.....I ate French Cheese. French cheese (too many to name and many I can't remember the name) is absolutely wonderful. Cheese from other places that I do like are Gouda, Feta, and especially smoked Cheddar.

Mecha

Reactions: BeefCake 15

bradl

macrumors 601
Jun 16, 2008
I like provolone too (I'm a fan of just about any white cheese, actually), but it can't top the creamy, sharp taste of gouda.
No argument there, but Gouda on a philly cheesesteak just sounds so bloody wrong. :p

BL.

Reactions: Renzatic

Apple fanboy

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
Extra mature cheddar is a favourite. Goes well on anything. Especially on toast.
Used to have a goergous smoked goats cheese as well.
Sadly these days I don't see much cheese action as I'm downsizing!

Reactions: JackRoch
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.