The Dark Knight - new batman trailer

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by shecky, Dec 18, 2007.

1. djejrejk macrumors 6502a

djejrejk

Nice,.. I hope Heath Ledger has a creepier laugh than that. I guess is difficult to top Jack Nicholson.

2. Feverish Flux macrumors regular

Meh, just another Batman sequel with more raw violence.

Not interested, personally, though I'd probably put it on my queue when it comes to DVD.

3. question fear macrumors 68020

question fear

Whoo! No Katie Holmes! MAGGIE GYLLENHAAL!!!!!!!! Sorry. That was just kick-ass fantastic. Can't wait for the movie.

4. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Oh please give it a rest. The film looks awesome. If it's anything like Batman Begins, it's going to be great. It hardly looks like a film that's just all "raw violence". The first one wasn't - I doubt this will be either.

5. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

agreed. i wonder if i'll be able to pick out the chicago scenes. :p

also the direction they've moved in is fantastic for the series. darker, more true to the actual storyline of batman.

6. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Hey! Good to see you. They filmed a lot of it right by my office. I recognized just about every location in the trailer. They were here for over a month, so we got to see quite a bit happen.

7. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

nice i wasn't paying much attention to the buildings in the trailer i'll have to look again :D i didn't realize that they were there for quite so long. guessing that there'll be more of chicago in there than i realized then.

8. shecky thread starter Guest

shecky

i agree - while i loved the Tim Burton original Batman, the new movies (batman begins, the dark night) i have to admit are (or look to be) better in a lot of ways. this may be in small part to my purely hetero man-lust for Christian Bale, but i think Chris Nolan's directing style just works better for the series and the darker tone of the films works well.

9. fistful macrumors 6502a

fistful

Looks good although I'm a little disappointed with the jokers face paint compared to the teaser image they leaked a few months ago.

Attached Files:

10. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

its more less of a comic book tale than of a real life story, imo. look at the the Joker in Burton's, and you'll see just about perfect make up and snazzy dress up, that while fitting for the joker is almost cartoonish in appearance. looking at the Joker in the upcoming movie looks darker, manic, and overall more along the lines of reality in a sense that its more plausable i guess. yeah maybe i'm overanyalizing but it just seems to be a better style overall thats more fitting to the series.

11. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

for some reason i really like the 90's batmans. these look good too though

12. Feverish Flux macrumors regular

What am I supposed to be giving a rest?

And you worded your response to make it look like I said the film was "all" raw violence. I said "more." Didn't like Batman Begins, either, but liked all of the original movies, especially the one with Jim Carey.

Just my opinion on the trailer, no need to tell me to give it a rest. ;)

13. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

You hit the nail on the head. The reason I like these better is that the violence is truly frightening- and it should be. It is treated far too cartoonishly in most films. Batman Begins was downright scary in many parts and it should have been. There should be an emotional impact to violence, not just a thrill.

Read above. ;)

14. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

The first film was OK, was bored on a second viewing; I didn't find it as dark or even as good as people were suggesting, but then I like real dark films. ;)

I just wish that film-makers could occasionally convey tension, horror and excitement without blowing stuff up. Alien for instance, any explosions? Apart from chest-bursting ones? ;)

15. arkitect macrumors 601

arkitect

Apart from right at the end… :)

16. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Hmm...I thought the Scarecrow character was quite frightening. And I've liked it more with repeated viewings. Different strokes... ;)

17. fistful macrumors 6502a

fistful

I have to agree, it really wasn't dark enough for my liking. I wish they would take it a little more seriously instead of dumbing it down for the mass market.

After seeing Memento I thought Nolan would do a better job pulling it off than he actually did. Now if they could get someone like David Fincher to do the next one that'd be ace.

18. koobcamuk macrumors 68040

koobcamuk

I love it too - and I think Bale is awesome to boot.

19. BornAgainMac macrumors 603

BornAgainMac

I like this darker Batman series. I think the older Batman over a decade ago was a good transition from the comedy Batman of the 1960s. I think all 3 types of Batmans were good in their own way. Maybe in the year 2030 Batman will be more comedy like Adam West again.

20. xodonniedarko macrumors 6502

xodonniedarko

looks like there's more about joker than batman.

but maybe not :)

21. AlBDamned macrumors 68030

AlBDamned

Also really looking forward to seeing this. Bale is on fire with his films (as is Nolan).

22. Cooknn macrumors 68020

Cooknn

Heath Ledger plays a GREAT Joker. I would never have guessed. I'm picking up on some mannerisms from Tommy Lee Jones. They work well though. I bet he's making bank for this part :p

23. eric55lv Guest

eric55lv

Yay!There has not been a Batman movie for a cuple of years

24. mcarnes macrumors 68000

mcarnes

The 1960s batman was real suspense when I was a kid (viewed in re-runs). But it's certainly comedy by today's standards.

:p It's actually funny as hell.