Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FearlessFreep

macrumors 6502a
Jul 15, 2008
Northern Virginia, USA
Here's my latest. The battery meter on this thing is totally out of whack. I got a 20% warning roughly 16 hours ago, and the 10% warning about 14 hours ago. And left it through the night and I just got the red battery safety screen.

The basic rule-of-thumb here is: DON'T TRUST THE BATTERY METER. That includes for CHARGING as well as how much life remains. Think your phone is charged just because the on-screen battery "looks" full? Bet it's not.
Charge overnight, or 6+ hours whenever possible.

iphphotocd1.jpg

[BTW I was in the subway where the phone doesn't work when I took this screenshot, thus the No Service..."]

Reiger

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 8, 2007
Netherlands
Again I'm impressed. In the next run, I will also test with your settings until the battery runs dry.

Currently I'm using 30 min fetch. I don't mind the fetch setting, even though push is better, but the contacts and calendar are not synced correctly using this setting. In fact, they don't seem to sync at all. However, the difference in batterylife seems to be extremely large...

turbo63

macrumors newbie
Jun 10, 2008
I do not think Push is the problem. It is Push with Wifi that is the problem. Everytime it gets an email, it is searching for a wifi connection and then establishing only to disconnect 1 min later.

Think of this happening every time you get an email. In my case 100+ times a day. When I use push with wifi my phone barely last half a day, with wifi turned off it last a day and a half.

Kevin

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.