The Disk You Inserted Was Not Readable By This Computer

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by victormikelima, Aug 28, 2014.

1. victormikelima macrumors newbie

Hello, MacRumors' users

I have had a problem with my SD card for some time now and have not been able to find a solution online. The card is a SanDisk Extreme Pro 64GB SDXC UHS-1 Flash Memory. I have used this card many of times on my 13" Retina MacBook Pro 10.9.4.

The problem seemed to have occurred after I manually deleted a photo from the card through my GoPro Hero 2 and plugged the card into my MBP to view the videos. It worked, until I switched it out for another card. Suddenly the message "The disk you inserted was not readable by this computer," and has continued to pop-up each time I insert the card. I am given the choices of "initialize...", "ignore", and "eject."

If anyone has a solution to this issue, it would be a great relief to not lose my videos, and you would have my upmost appreciation.

Thank you,

VML

2. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

At the risk of sounding stupid, did you try the SD card on another Mac or computer? Did you use the "Eject" option in OS X or did you just yank it out?

3. victormikelima thread starter macrumors newbie

Hey, jav6454

I haven't had access to other computers yet, except public desktops at my University. I suppose that is worth a shot to see if I can save these files.

I have always ejected the card safely to prevent any problems like this.

VML

4. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Try using the SD card in other computers first. If it is read there, then it's a minor issue in your Mac.

5. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

You need to determine if the card itself is corrupted, the best way to do that is as Java recommended. Use another computer to see if its readable.

6. lighthouse_man macrumors 6502a

In the meantime, you can restart the computer and try again.

7. Bending Pixels macrumors 65816