Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PDFierro

macrumors 68040
Sep 8, 2009
Wow. I'm sorry for your loss. I'd be going crazy if that happened to me, considering I would have no way to replace it without buying a new one.

jcmeyer5

macrumors 6502
Sep 7, 2008
A DURABLE laptop would not have needed repairs, let alone repairs of this level. They are replacing nearly all the parts of this machine after a fall from... 1 meter? While still less than a new unit, it is not an insignificant repair.

I'd be careful in praising its durability... one drop and the thing is darn near a total loss (cost-wise, depending on the model). EDIT: It's a 1.3. So not nearly the loss I thought it was... but if this was a base model, it would have been :)

Anyway, happy to hear there will be a happy ending for the OP. :D

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
A DURABLE laptop would not have needed repairs, let alone repairs of this level. They are replacing nearly all the parts of this machine after a fall from... 1 meter? While still less than a new unit, it is not an insignificant repair.

I'd be careful in praising its durability... one drop and the thing is darn near a total loss (cost-wise, depending on the model). EDIT: It's a 1.3. So not nearly the loss I thought it was... but if this was a base model, it would have been :)

Anyway, happy to hear there will be a happy ending for the OP. :D

very good point. The damage looks minimal, but they are replacing casing, screen, and keyboard. That is far from minimal.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.