Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Which Ipad/Option did you Choose

• Wifi 16GB Pre-Order

Votes: 53 18.4%
  • Wifi 32GB Pre-Order

Votes: 59 20.5%
  • Wifi 64GB Pre-Order

Votes: 30 10.4%
  • Wifi+3G 16GB Pre-Order

Votes: 4 1.4%
  • Wifi+3G 32GB Pre-Order

Votes: 16 5.6%
  • Wifi+3G 64GB Pre-Order

Votes: 31 10.8%
  • Wifi 16GB in store pickup

Votes: 12 4.2%
  • Wifi 32GB in store pickup

Votes: 14 4.9%
  • Wifi 64GB in store pickup

Votes: 9 3.1%
  • I ordered multiple iPads

Votes: 15 5.2%
  • I am not pre-ordering

Votes: 43 14.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

techound1

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 3, 2006
MODS: can we add one more option to the poll?

Thanks to the mod who added the poll to this thread. Can we add one more option: purchased mulitple iPads? I ordered two to control the "gimmie, gimmie" I expect to see in our house :p

ipadDev

macrumors member
Feb 23, 2010
Thanks to the mod who added the poll to this thread. Can we add one more option: purchased mulitple iPads? I ordered two to control the "gimmie, gimmie" I expect to see in our house :p

I made the poll and I guess it got merged into your thread :p I was thinking about that but couldn't think of a clean way to make multiple choices without it looking sloppy. Nine choices is already quite a few.

techound1

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 3, 2006
I made the poll and I guess it got merged into your thread :p I was thinking about that but couldn't think of a clean way to make multiple choices without it looking sloppy. Nine choices is already quite a few.

Oh, cool. I agree with the messiness of getting too many options. And, sadly, you can only select one for this type of poll, so I'll just chime in to say it's under-reporting by one of my pair :p.

[EDIT: oh, there it is now! Thanks to whoever added it.]

jb1280

macrumors 6502a
Jan 13, 2009
16GB WiFi ordered. If I feel that 3G would really be great and the reviews of the 3G are positive, I'll sell it for a very fair price when I am in North Europe and Russia in May and pick up a 3G one.

Alicia4065

macrumors regular
Jun 22, 2005
NJ
Reserve wi-fi 64GB for store pick up and once the wi-fi + 3g version is available for store pick up will get that version also. Right now I can use my Mifi for when I'm not in a wi-fi area.

smoked

macrumors regular
Feb 25, 2009
I ordered a 64GB WiFi and a 64GB 3G. The 32GB iPhones run out of space quickly, especially when you have entire seasons of kids TV shows and a bunch of movies on them. 256GB or at least the ability to stream from iTunes would have been nice...

xraydoc

Contributor
Oct 9, 2005
Ordered two - 32GB for the wife, 64GB for myself. Reserved for in-store pickup.

She has a Verizon MiFi for her laptop, so she doesn't need a 3iPad. I've got a Motorola Droid which (rooted) will do WiFi tethering, so I don't need the 3G version either.

mrgreen4242

macrumors 601
Feb 10, 2004
Yes, but "Saturday deliver where available." Just a little caveat.

Anyone know how to tell if Saturday delivery is available in your area? I live in a slightly rural town, have to pay rural route delivery fees to get stuff sent to my house, but we're not way out in the middle of nowhere.

Also, in for a 16gb model with case. :) Going to add a 16gb iPod nano to that as well, but I'll order that in a few weeks once my touch and netbook are sold off.

santaliqueur

macrumors 65816
Aug 7, 2007
Voted for 16GB wifi preorder, but canceled my preorder and went with store pickup, which I didn't see originally. Very excited.

ZBoater

macrumors G3
Jul 2, 2007
Sunny Florida
Ordered two - 32GB for the wife, 64GB for myself. Reserved for in-store pickup.

She has a Verizon MiFi for her laptop, so she doesn't need a 3iPad. I've got a Motorola Droid which (rooted) will do WiFi tethering, so I don't need the 3G version either.

I'm on the same boat. Not sure if I need 3G or not (just last week ditched the iPhone 3GS for a Droid).

I am thinking I'd like to have the GPS though. And the data plan being managed directly from the iPad makes it convenient in case a some future Droid ROM takes longer to root.

Better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it. I certainly understand the need to save a buck, but this purchase is definitely into the "nice to have" and not "must have" territory, so might as well... :rolleyes:

Cancelled
Sep 10, 2007
Wifi16 complete with Apple Case. I can't believe how cheap the case was... I was expecting it to be more expensive.

RebelRed

macrumors member
Mar 12, 2010
Took the middle road and went with 32g Wi-Fi iPad. :)

Want the 64, but wasn't sure I'd have the cash on hand on the 3rd. Who knows, if I do, maybe they'll have an extra one there.

Waiting on the case to see what else comes out.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.