Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

edesignuk

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Mar 25, 2002
London, England
Anyone else stuck at work and bored to tears? Absolutely sweet f-all going on here. MR is quiet too, and there's only so many times I can read BBC News, Engadget, and The Register.

Zzzzzzz.

xUKHCx

Administrator emeritus
Jan 15, 2006
The Kop
Anyone else stuck at work and bored to tears? Absolutely sweet f-all going on here. MR is quiet too, and there's only so many times I can read BBC News, Engadget, and The Register.

Zzzzzzz.

Try being a student, I got an 8000-12000 word project due in tomorrow :(

One of my departments is expecting over 1000 pieces of coursework tomorrow.

Kashchei

macrumors 65816
Apr 26, 2002
Meat Space
Try being a student, I got an 8000-12000 word project due in tomorrow :(

One of my departments is expecting over 1000 pieces of coursework tomorrow.

I feel sorry for you, but I feel sorry for your professor as well (lots of papers to read and score with a hard deadline for grade submissions). I just got done wrapping up my semester and now I have two weeks to do my own work (i.e. the work on which my yearly evaluation is partially based). I don't know that I'm up to the task just yet.

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
I'm flat-out over here, but still had time for a nice lunch and glass of wine with a supplier down towards the City. Cab back and blitzing stuff to get to print today... quiet out there though.

xUKHCx

Administrator emeritus
Jan 15, 2006
The Kop
I feel sorry for you, but I feel sorry for your professor as well (lots of papers to read and score with a hard deadline for grade submissions). I just got done wrapping up my semester and now I have two weeks to do my own work (i.e. the work on which my yearly evaluation is partially based). I don't know that I'm up to the task just yet.

mutually benefical solution, don't set course work;)

Hoping I can get my work done so I can watch the match tonight. Perhaps should stop posting on here and actually do my work, but I wouldn't be a very good student if I didn't stay up late getting it done.

QuarterSwede

macrumors G3
Oct 1, 2005
Colorado Springs, CO
Being in retail, it's been insane (as usual). I'm just plain exhausted at the end of an eight hour day, not to mention the 10+ hour ones. But thanks all for paying my bills! ;)

Otherwise, all my Christmas shopping is done so life in the house is a bit less stressful.

Kashchei

macrumors 65816
Apr 26, 2002
Meat Space
mutually benefical solution, don't set course work;)

Hoping I can get my work done so I can watch the match tonight. Perhaps should stop posting on here and actually do my work, but I wouldn't be a very good student if I didn't stay up late getting it done.

You are quite right; traditions must be upheld and student procrastination is one of the most venerable. I hope the match is a good one and good luck with your paper!

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
What the hell is that supposed to mean?

It means nothing is happening. ;)

The best part about my job is that it used to be done by 4 people and now I'm it. I ran some numbers yesterday and discovered that there was an influx of work in the last four months from previous quarters. I get about 75 e-mails and day but only 40-50 need my immediate response. I work 10-13 hour days but I need to step that up just a bit in order to finish my work. So no I'm not busy. ;) A quick browse around MR these days keeps me from dropping a few F-bombs in e-mails to people who truly deserve it. My job is far too important to me to fck it up by being snooty.

runplaysleeprun

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2004
Chicago, IL
I'm bored senseless as well. I finished school last week, and I work at the school, too, so there is absolutely nothing going on. All the students have gone home, there are no computers to fix!

Queso

Suspended
Mar 4, 2006
Still got four office LANs to document, translate my layer 2 configuration standard document from one vendor's equipment to another, review the rulebase of a firewall infrastructure, create the project resource document for a HIPS rollout and start looking at securing an in-situ OSPF AS with regards to MD5 authenticated updates from trusted neighbour routers. All before Friday :(

Luckily they don't secure the workstations here against USB keys, so I've been able to grab some documents to work on this evening at home. Don't tell them that though, or they'll probably ask me to look into preventing it before Christmas :rolleyes:

scotthayes

macrumors 68000
Jun 6, 2007
Planet Earth
Still got four office LANs to document, translate my layer 2 configuration standard document from one vendor's equipment to another, review the rulebase of a firewall infrastructure, create the project resource document for a HIPS rollout and start looking at securing an in-situ OSPF AS with regards to MD5 authenticated updates from trusted neighbour routers. All before Friday :(

Luckily they don't secure the workstations here against USB keys, so I've been able to grab some documents to work on this evening at home. Don't tell them that though, or they'll probably ask me to look into preventing it before Christmas :rolleyes:

Have to say, 'sucks to be you' :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.