The guy was a genius!!!!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by kalel120, Sep 9, 2012.

1. kalel120 macrumors newbie

Hey guys,
    I just got my new Macbook Pro Retina 2.6ghz 16gb ram. I've been using Windows since forever. My only experience with a linux flavoured OS was Ubuntu, and I wasn't impressed. So, I thought that the minute I'll get my Mac I'll use boot camp and install Windows...
    Anyway, I got the Mac. The first 10 minutes I didn't know wtf I'm doing. But then... WOW!!! Mountain Lion is freaking awesome. The touchpad that resembles the Ipad shortcuts (switching between apps, seeing open apps/desktop etc') is freaking brilliant. Really makes you feel like in some sci fi movie flipping between virtual screens.
    Anyway, the best 3.5k I ever spent (including all the additions and Apple care). No doubt Jobs was a freaking genius.
    I just bought a WD Passport so I can grab what I had on my old Windows laptop. My god, even the simple procedure of copy paste from it looks so tedious right now. There is so much I still don't know, but Google simply has an answer for every human phrased question like "How to view hidden files on mac mountain lion" to "Screenshot to clipboard on Mac". I'm so freaking happy, I had to signup for the forum and share :)). Heck, I even started learning Shell scripting :) Love the Terminal :)

Anyway, that's about it :). WOW, I can't believe I wasted my life on Windows for so many years.

2. Blackberryroid macrumors 6502a

Blackberryroid

3. leman macrumors 604

4. Lukkee24 macrumors 6502a

I'll be making the switch from Windows to Mac later this year, can't wait :D. I do think I'll use Boot camp though, as there are some windows-only program's I have to use for college.

5. Orlandoech macrumors 68040

Orlandoech

I was a Windows user all my life too, then in May 2011 I bought my first Mac, a 2011 15" MacBook Pro. I'll never go back to Windows now.

I currently have a 2.3/16/256 Retina and it's simply amazing. I almost never use Windows now for personal use. Not even bootcamp or vm

6. Dangerous Theory macrumors 68000

"This guy" - are you for real? aboslutely no regard for all of the designers and engineers that put real effort into producing the product? dont praise the celebrity ex CEO, praise the actual hard workers. It is a beautiful engineering feat.

7. lostngone macrumors demi-god

lostngone

Steve Jobs was Awesome!
    I am not saying he did all the work or was perfect, however without his vision Apple would just be another HP.

8. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

But without his vision, Apple wouldn't be where it is today.

9. whoknows87 macrumors 6502a

whoknows87

for 3.5 K you should be more than impressed :D, I made the switch a 3 years ago and never looked back since

10. MaxPower72 macrumors 6502

MaxPower72

once you go MAC you'll never go back...

Attached Files:

11. MaxPower72 macrumors 6502

MaxPower72

Ditto!
    Steve Jobs wasn't all that "cool guy" we think he was ... The real Genius was
    Steve Wozniak he actually designed and built the first Apple computer, Jobs as the shark that he was, was good at marketing it and turn it into a business success but without Woz, Jobs wouldn't have had a revolutionary idea turned into a revolutionary product....

12. terraphantm macrumors 68040

Do you really think the workers at Dell or HP are any less hard working or capable? A good leader can direct his employees to make the greatest products in the industry. An infective one will end up hindering them

13. gentlefury macrumors 68030

14. raymondso macrumors member

raymondso

15. iVoid macrumors 65816

16. Irock619 macrumors 68000

Irock619

Wow that's a shame :rolleyes:

17. Plainsman macrumors newbie

Same experience I had last week.:)

I have worked with Windows machines for 25 years. I became fed up with the daily program and/or Windows Explorer crashes I had with my business Win 7 machine. Bought this MacBook Pro 2.3 ghz machine for myself and I'm really impressed with it.

18. gentlefury macrumors 68030

I've worked on Mac, Windows, Linux, and Unix systems for over a decade and I find they all have a valid use. Windows is great for gaming, Mac is great for everyday things, linux is perfect for high end applications that need lots of resources and unix is perfect for networking.

19. ColoArtist macrumors regular

Or there abouts, 1984 being 28 years ago. ;)

I was fortunate enough to use an original 128 back then. I was hooked.

:apple:

20. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

Respectfully R.I.P. Steve Jobs.

That said, I wonder how some people will fill the void he left in their lives?

I wonder if the worshipers know that Steve Wozniak was the creative engineering brain trust in the early days.

I wonder how many sleepless nights they've had?

I wonder if they worship the CEO of the company that built their car?

I've used & enjoyed many Apple computers for work & personal.

They're terrific, but so are lots of other products I buy.

21. noteple macrumors 65816

Our company has a few Windows only applications.

Pushed all of them into Parallels 7 and Windows 7 and have not looked back.

22. iVoid macrumors 65816

Some of us Apple users predate the Mac, thank you you little whipper snapper you. :p

23. ColoArtist macrumors regular

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

24. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

Another happy convert...I actually still have an Ubuntu box in addition to my 3 Macs...I don't really do much on it except play around in terminal, glad you are happy OP.

25. thatoneguy82 macrumors 68000

thatoneguy82

Yep. 8 years ago after having used Windows for 11 years. Purchased an aluminum(silver case?) MBP after college. Admittedly, it was for the aesthetics at first and also since I already had an ipod, but I came to love OSX. I have a Win7 VM for Windows Solitaire - the only useful thing windows can do for me. Being the family tech guy, I refuse to help in buying a new computer unless it's a Mac. :p