Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AFEPPL

macrumors 68030
Sep 30, 2014
England
It's never 1 thing, dissatisfaction requires momentum over a period of time to turn off customers or for customer to turn their back (of which there's no evidence of that I'm aware of). Maybe people are just not willing to accept the perceived short coming any longer regardless of the brand?

Lazy designs, a huge feature gap, unreasonable price increases, poorly tested software and repeated bugs release after release will not help to endear customers and that is where we are. The it "just works", is kinda broken at the moment.

Maybe people are expecting revolution with the products rather than slow evolution. The reality is apple have to protect the sales, the sales are more important at this stage than trying something radical seems to be the company philosophy. The share holders all want their money... I often wonder why companies stay public at times.

cbreze

macrumors 65816
Nov 26, 2014
Oregon
People in general are all to quick to use the “H” word about everything these days. I don’t hate any phone. I may dislike it, but to say hate is way to strong and should be reserved for something really deserving.

Ladybug

macrumors 68000
Apr 13, 2006
I think the snark comes from both sides. Comments like "don't buy it then, bye" serve no purpose either. Instead the community would be better trying to understand where a person is coming from because just saying don't buy it doesn't address the issue at hand. I also think the word hate is so overused.

I agree personal attacks are too much and does nothing but make that person attacking look bad. If people don't voice their displeasure about products then companies will just continue doing the same. The prices are getting out of hand for most average households. Apple could do a little better with this I think. Keep in mind when someone isn't 100% in love with Apple products it doesn't mean they hate Apple. Anyway, off my soapbox.

Last edited:

johnny hotsauce

macrumors regular
Nov 7, 2011
I honestly don't get why there is even any animosity between any of these 3 phones. They're JUST phones.

Yes, they have different designs and some will gravitate to the X as their preference and others will gravitate to the 8 or 8+ as their preference. Both designs have the same internals for the most part and both will do almost the same things.

For once there are actually 3 completely different styles of iPhones to choose from, something that other phone manufacturers have been offering forever, more than one style of device to choose from. This is good for Apple consumers, now they can pick if they like the style of the 8 or 8+ or they can go for the new X, if they want something smaller they can get the SE.

Any hatred or animosity towards the phones or towards the choice of phone that people pick is absolutely ridiculous, there are more important things in this world to stress over other than what phone am I going to use on social media...

The IT person that I work with actually got mad at me and called me a moron for getting an 8+ and for not waiting for the X because the X is so much better than my 8+. I'm happy with my choice, no need for him to take what phone I bought personal just like I'm happy for anyone for what they choose to buy for what works best for them whether it's Apple, Samsung, LG or a tin can and a string.

Vote with your wallet and buy what you like. If you don't like the aged style of the 8/8+ then get an X, if you don't like the cost, the notch or the rabbit ears on the X then get an 8/8+, if you don't like either than choose another brand of phone that you might like and fits your needs better but getting personally angry towards Apple or towards the people that buy a product that one might not agree with is just pointless.

Rant over :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.