The heck is wrong with Fedex

Discussion in 'macOS' started by rugox, Aug 27, 2009.

1. rugox macrumors regular

I got a shipping notification from Apple that the SL has shipped. The tracking said the order was picked up from Ontario, Canada. I'm in Vancouver. Why is Fedex taking my pacakage down to Memphis instead of just coming across to Vancouver in Canada. For this reason my SL won't be arriving on Friday but on Monday. Does anyone else have this problem?

2. gr8tfly macrumors 603

gr8tfly

Are you sure it's not Ontario, CAlifornia? They have a distribution center there. Mine's there too. :)

3. Pures macrumors newbie

I'm at the same situation as you. And as mentioned before, it is California and not Canada.:p

It really does suck having to wait for the weekend to end for SL to get here... Apple should have shipped Canadian orders Aug 26 2009...

4. gr8tfly macrumors 603

gr8tfly

Seems like there would be an overnight flight out of Ontario to Vancouver. There's still plenty of time for that to happen, but I'm not up on FedEx's performance there.

Mine left the facility at 10:04 PM - not sure if it flies here or trucks - I'm in the Santa Barbara area. Apple's been 100% on getting packages here for opening day (recently, I had Leopard and the iPhone 3GS arrive the morning of opening day).

5. GamaFu macrumors regular

This is the reason why I didn't order it online. I will be at the Apple Store in Pacific Center to pick up a copy of SL tomorrow.

6. J the Ninja macrumors 68000

Lulz.

It's California. My copy has made it to Oakland now.

7. Pures macrumors newbie

8. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

Because Memphis is a superhub for Fedex. If you don't understand the advantage of shipping via a hub, it's time to go educate yourself. Sometimes have packages go in a seemingly opposite direction to the destination feels backwards, but trust them; they have this figured out.

9. duggram macrumors 6502

duggram

Check out the Fed Ex Express history Wikipedia. There also used to be a good PBS show on the workings of Fed Ex in the early days. BTW I didn't know that the founder used his Vegas black jack winnings to keep his company going in the early days. Now that's a maverick!

10. TheNorthWaves macrumors 6502

make sure to print off and sign a fedex signature paper and leave it at your door if you're not going to be home - or they aren't going to deliver it. That is, at least according to my order status.