The hoping 10.5.2 update (out today) will fix airport problems thread

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jeff3221, Feb 11, 2008.

1. jeff3221 macrumors regular

I am about to download it and I am keeping my fingers crossed as I do so. I will keep you updated with results. Others post your success/failure!

2. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

This thread seems to be in the early running for redundant thread of the week. Why not search the forum for a thread on Airport problems, and add to it, or give the thread a adecent ame like - Has 10.5.2 update helped you with your airport.

3. marykay9507 macrumors 6502a

marykay9507

it was working well, but in the last 10 minutes i have dropped connection three times

4. jeff3221 thread starter macrumors regular

Since this update has not been addressed on this forum, I figured that I would be helpful and let people know that the solution to the problem that many people have is out.

5. skyrider007 macrumors 65816

skyrider007

I don't see any change or improvement in my wireless connection stability at all.

6. Talcon macrumors newbie

I honestly do not see any improvement of the Airport connection. I have another laptop with 10.4.11 right next to my 10.5.2 MacBook and it gets 4 bars versus my 3 bars on 10.5.2.

7. vanc macrumors 6502

I must be very lucky. I don't have any WiFi issues since the original 10.5. I have a US Robotics WiFi router at home and another vendor's at work. My MacBook works fine without any drop. Probably some hardware combinations may trigger the issues.

8. jeff3221 thread starter macrumors regular

I just lost my connection but something weird happened. I rebooted my router and right now as I type, it is still scanning my network and there is no lock symbol next to my network name. I don't think it fixed the problem. Has anyone else had something like this?

9. Peti macrumors newbie

I didn't have problems with AIRPORT during 10.5.1. At least with Airport off/on it came back. Now I have to be plugged in to go online. At first it was running fine but now it's showing connected but unless I plug in LAN I get nothing. Sucks!!

10. iW00t macrumors 68040

iW00t

OS X is working better than Vista. At least with Vista I can throw the lousy wireless card on eBay and buy one from a better manufacturer.

11. hajime macrumors 68030

Before I upgraded to 10.5.2, wireless connection was working fine. However, after the upgrade, I have intermittent connection problems in several places. I also notice that AirMac is scanning all the time. Any way to fix the problem?

12. iW00t macrumors 68040

iW00t

Downgrading to 10.5.1 is the best way to go.

13. writeous macrumors regular

the update fixed my airport issue. Basically on any unsecure network, it wouldnt connect to it at all, no matter how strong the signal was, but now everything is rolling smoothly. It still still didnt fix the issue with it taking a couple of minutes to wake from sleep, and then have choppy mouse cursor movements.:mad:

14. D4F Guest

D4F

Disappointed in Apple again.
    Connection is droping like before if not worse.
    :mad:

15. alljunks macrumors regular

wifi always a problem with me, especially when i have PC too.. so CAT5E is how i solve the problem for now!!! :D

16. Beric macrumors 68020

Beric

This is driving me crazy! Can nothing fix my problem?

An iBook running Panther across the house gets better connection that me right next to the router. Phones are on a different frequency, microwave isn't ever on...

Have a linksys wireless b router. It's old, but it works well for all computrs in the house except my MB. Should I replace the router? Or is Leopard known to be the sole issue?

17. desistyle macrumors regular

I just reinstalled the update using the combo update directly from apple.com, and it appears to have fixed the issue.

An hour and a half in and not a single drop...

18. larsf macrumors newbie

Exactly the same problem i have. I am using 802.11.n to a D-Ling Dir-635 and it worked quite fine before the upgrade...

19. Neutral Gamer macrumors 6502a

Neutral Gamer

2.5 months ago I setup the following thread for those who were having wireless issues with Leopard and quite frankly myself and many others were hoping for 10.5.2 to finally fix it:
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=392852

The cruel joke though is that NEW people have now got the problem thanks to this update while only a handful seem to have found success. So for those of you who have only started suffering from this problem I suggest a few things.

Firstly change the encryption setting on the router. Using WEP instead of WPA made a significant difference for me personally and no encryption made it even better.

Secondly, try changing the channel of the router (I think 11 is the default). This made large downloads possible for me, albeit at a much slower transfer rate than in Tiger or Windows.

Thirdly try the following steps:

If none of that makes a difference then continue to send details of your problem and the hardware you're using to Apple:
    http://www.apple.com/feedback/macosx.html

Good Luck :)

P.S. Shouldn't this thread be in the Mac OS X forum?

20. Neil321 macrumors 68040

Neil321

up to when i downloaded 10.5.2 i had dropouts on a nearly every 15mins
    basis since the update not one, this makes me a happy camper:D

21. MoeOz macrumors member

need help guys ..

i downloaded 10.5.2 and i did restart it kept setup for like 20 minutes or so but nothin and then i did reboot when i checked the OSX version i found it the same 10.5.1 !! i checked the updates and i couldnt found 10.5.2 again !! ... what should i do ?

22. AdeFowler macrumors 68020

AdeFowler

Download and run the Standalone Combo Updater

23. hajime macrumors 68030

Could you please tell me how?

24. desistyle macrumors regular

I spoke too soon...was going 2 hours without a disconnect, but then got disconnected :(.

Now i'm getting disconnected again every 5-10 minutes.

What gives?

25. Peti macrumors newbie

This is CRAP! I bought a laptop to not to be plugged in! Windows doesn't look that bad anymore.....