The "I gave up hope for a 9/16 delivery" thread.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DADDYDC650, Sep 13, 2016.

1. DADDYDC650 macrumors 6502

DADDYDC650

My delivery date for my iPhone 7 Plus 256GB matte black is set for 04 Oct, 2016 - 10 Oct, 2016. I ordered around 3 am pacific time. Order is still processing and no tracking number can be found. At least I can stare at the 6 cases I bought for $5.... I've given up all hope for a 9/16 delivery. Who else has given up hope?

2. Lunfai macrumors 65816

Lunfai

I would doubt such as far away date will be pushed to launch day.

3. spazma7ik macrumors 6502a

So 3 hours after preorders began? Yeah, definitely not getting it on 09/16 unfortunately.

4. April Knight Suspended

Hey, I ordered a Jet Black iPhone 7+ 256GB literally as soon as the site went live, and I got a delivery range of Sep 26 - Oct 3. I had no hope for a launch day delivery from the beginning! LOL

5. DADDYDC650 thread starter macrumors 6502

DADDYDC650

I've heard of miracles before and one can dream but I now see the light and it's not shining down on me from Steve Jobs.
    --- Post Merged, Sep 13, 2016 ---
    I feel your pain my brother. Let us embrace the pain together!

6. Steve686 macrumors 68030

Steve686

I kinda think any Sept. 16th delivery dates are for phones that have already been manufactured.

The phones are being assembled in China and as more stock is achieved, this will have the trickle down effect for delivery dates listed after the 16th. That effect being that delivery dates will move closer to launch day. Hopefully.

This year having only one week instead of two between the start of preorders and launch day makes that a touch trickier.

7. Cogsworth macrumors 6502

Cogsworth

My order went through around 12:06 PST as soon as the site went live, ordered the Jet Black Plus 256gb and I'm in the Sep 26 - Oct 3 club. I was really hoping it was a conservative estimate and it would come on launch day but the status is still processing. No tracking number by reference. Looks like no hope of an early delivery.

The Apple leather case on the same order has shipped however, and should arrive before Friday. So yeah, I can stare at the case for the next couple of weeks I guess.

8. Steve686 macrumors 68030

Steve686

Preorders were only 4 days ago.

Let Apple get some phones built and shipped here and we'll see what happens.

There seemed to be a significant number of planes hitting AK from China the past couple of days.

9. powerbook911 macrumors 68040

powerbook911

I have sep 23 window and there has been no movement. I'm not hopeful at this point.

10. DADDYDC650 thread starter macrumors 6502

DADDYDC650

I feel you brother. It's going to sting big time when everyone starts posting pictures of their phones and vids on YouTube....
    Give up hope my friend. It's okay to let go....

11. Phightinphils macrumors 6502

Phightinphils

Ordered mine within minutes of store going live and still got the October ship date. Probably cancelling order and camping out first in line at local AT&T store.

12. DADDYDC650 thread starter macrumors 6502

DADDYDC650

Steve Jobs would have wanted you to have your phone on 9/16. Go forth and land an iPhone 7 at your local store!

13. Phightinphils, Sep 13, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2016

Phightinphils macrumors 6502

Phightinphils

That's the plan! I ordered a Jet Black 7 though so hopefully, due to demand, Apple doesn't limit Jet Black shipments to stores this week :\ I'll be crushed/pissed if I cancel my pre-order tomorrow or Wednesday (dont want to risk it preparing for shipment before Friday) and the store/surrounding stores don't have Jet Black.

EDIT: (Tuesday, 9/13/16, 5:30pm EST) I've just been told by an Apple rep that it can take up to 24hrs for a line to be re-eligible for upgrade after cancelling an Apple Order. However, he said it typically only takes 10-15min and that the 24hr thing is the "max" amount of time it could take.

He also said that if, for some reason, your line still doesn't show eligibility after cancelling, Apple Store employees will usually call AT&T on the spot and assist you in requesting an override of your upgrade status with confirmation of your order being cancelled (and visa versa if you go to a carrier store).

14. Bobby Corwen macrumors 68030

15. Cogsworth macrumors 6502

Cogsworth

I'm going to be surprised and a little miffed if there are Jet Black Plus 256gb models available in store Friday...I mean shouldn't pre-orders have priority?

16. ajones92 macrumors member

ajones92

Feel free to take it with a grain of salt but the dude at my Apple Store told me that they have been told that no stores in my town will get any Jet Black aside for a few online reservations. That's in Columbus, Ohio so a pretty large town...

17. Phightinphils macrumors 6502

Phightinphils

Is that speaking for just Apple Stores or for AT&T and retailers too?

18. Ronnoco, Sep 13, 2016

Ronnoco macrumors 68030

Ronnoco

Again, carrier based orders will not see ANY movement or advanced delivery data (tracking numbers or updated shipping dates) until UPS drop ships from Louisville to the carriers warehouse facility (in ATT's case, it Dallas). As soon as the carriers have their initial inventory in their own warehouses/fulfillment centers, they will begin matching inventory to orders. Should begin to happen around Wednesday. One of the perks I miss about always preordering from Apple is all the order data they provide almost on a daily basis. The carriers simply don't pass your order information to UPS until they physically have your phone in their Dallas warehouse.
    If you ordered a 4.7" iPhone 7 in any color but JB, you are fairly assured of receiving your new phone on or very close to launch day.

19. ajones92 macrumors member

ajones92

I'm not positive but going on past launches i'd be very very surprised if carrier stores got a color that the apple stores didn't.

20. Macshroomer macrumors 65816

Macshroomer

7+ black 256, order confirmation @ 1:15AM, ships in 6-8 days, 9/20-9/22.
    Still processing, no hope whatsoever of getting before next week and hoping I get it before I leave for a month on the 28th.

Honestly, with the site being down for the first ten minutes and being a pro Apple user since 1992, I am kind of fed up with this game. I feel like canceling on principal alone and using my iPhone 6 for a couple more years.

21. Steve686 macrumors 68030

Steve686

That's wonderful.

Seeing as some people have gotten September 16th delivery estimates with phones not assigned tracking numbers, wouldn't one assume the carriers do have a number given to them by Apple of what to expect to be able to deliver?

And as pre-orders proceeded, all websites live for preordering started to adjust estimates as more orders were taken. This would lead me to believe there is a somewhat system in place for the carriers to relay to their customers what is available based on each day's stock.

Regardless of any movement physically of the phones, there will be phones coming out of the China factory that will fulfill orders earlier than promised as has happened every year, every product, every launch.

I ordered through Apple btw.

22. Ronnoco, Sep 13, 2016

Ronnoco macrumors 68030

Ronnoco

No one with an ATT order has a 9-16 delivery confirmation as far as I have seen. Most all ATT orders have a one week "shipping" estimate, which is vastly different than Apples "delivery" estimate. It seems as of tonight, ATT has not received their initial physical inventory from UPS, however according to those closely monitoring the flight tracker site, several UPS flights recently took off from Louisville enroute to Dallas which is a good sign that ATT will have physical inventory starting later this morning.

23. lienhart macrumors 6502

lienhart

Ordered a 7+ 128 Jet Black from Verizon's site as soon as it went live, got quoted for 9/23 :( I was optimistic that it would deliver early but I think I was being too hopeful unfortunately. Thinking of going into a store on launch day and seeing if they have any in stock; i doubt they would though in such a popular model. Oh well

24. Ronnoco macrumors 68030

Ronnoco

That's a very early date for a JB+ 128. Just a week after launch and most likely earlier than that. I've not seen another JB+ 128 with an earlier date than that.

25. Panjerry macrumors newbie

Panjerry

Damn lol reading this shut down all hopes of gettin my iPhone on release day