The "I Hate iPhone" Reviews thread

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by macaddicted, Jun 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. macaddicted macrumors regular

macaddicted

So, with less than two weeks to go, the haters are coming out more and more. I started a thread below Another "Why iPhone will fail" article but I thought rather than starting new threads for each article I would try a single thread everyone could post to. You know the old internet saying: If you don't have anything nice to say say it loud. It will increase your hits.

This one is from Trusted Reviews (TR):
    iPhone Headset & First 3rd Party App Revealed

It slams One Trip for being Safari only, which is curious as the author is so complementary of Win Mobile, but so down on its browser. And hey, M$ just added a mapping search engine "Live Search" (you mean like Google Maps?) and a nearly full featured browser "Deepfish" is on the way. It is unfortunate in the authors view, I guess, that iPhone will lack these cool features.

2. kamiboy macrumors 6502

If even possible, windows mobile will be a even bigger joke after the iPhone takes off.

3. anti-microsoft macrumors 68000

I was watching a YouTube video about the Palm Treo (yeah whatever)

There were coments like:

the iPhone is no competition for that!

iPhone LOL! It's just an iPod with a cellphone function.

They're laughing at the greatest smartphone EVER!
    What's so good about the TREO?

Hello, I'm TREO, I'm thick and fat and ugly. I have this QWERTY keyboard that is useless because the buttons are too small and every time people try to use me I crash boohooohoo boohoohoo I want to be an iPhone waaaawaaa!!

4. faustfire macrumors 6502a

faustfire

That "trusted reviews" website is microstooge city.

5. feelthefire macrumors 6502a

for the record my treo has never crashed, is very easy to type on, and given that it doesn't have a huse shiny glass front, it's also very durable.

Also, I thought the iPhone wasn't a smartphone? I thought it was a "revolutionary internet device?" if it's just a smartphone, it has a lot of major shortcomings.

6. lilnyc macrumors 6502a

lilnyc

LOL!!

The only thing is that Apple has arrogantly touted the iPhone as the best thing since sliced bread. It's marketing, but the thing would sell anyway with a more realistic strategy. Now they have egg on their face over a few features that have fallen short of the hype they themselves built.

http://www.apple.com/iphone/ads/ad4/

Had they called the web browser Safari Mobile, I would NOT have expected Flash. Boasting that it's "not the watered down version" is like, okay...so I can check out vids on YouTube and MTV.com, right?? Just like safari on my desktop, right?

7. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Wirelessly posted (HTCP4350-Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 4.01; Windows CE; PPC))

joke? I can use my phone on any gsm carrier I want and can run 3rd party apps. wm is one thing ms hasn't screwed up. if anything's a joke, its the iphone.

oh, I can run flash. and just like every phone out there except the damn iphone, I can send and receive mms

8. rayward macrumors 65816

FTR, it will play YouTube, but the higher-resolution version being created for Apple TV, not the in-browser version. Will likely require a download, therefore, so that activity is probably best reserved for when Wi-Fi connected.

9. Teddy's macrumors 6502

You're lucky, my boss has lost two times his database. Yes we have backups, but oh boy... it has been very difficult! When he received his first Treo from Bell, it was broken. He took it back and received another already used (minor scratches, probably a refurbished one) Then all the software corruptions, sync problems, viruses from emails... it's hell!
    Just wait for MR threads about iPhone issues!

Hello I am an iPhone, I am chubby but beautiful. I love being touched with your greasy fingers. Finger nails scare me! I have expensive tastes: I won't be happy unless you buy me a $200 apple leather case.

Hello I am a Blackberry Curve, I am slim and fit. I am SEC-SY! Sometimes my service goes down and I don't give explanations to anybody the next morning.

And also the lines... "_________'s representatives were not available for comments". "_________'s spokeman did not immediatly return calls on the issue".

10. kamiboy macrumors 6502

#Yaaaawn#, oh excuse me I almost nodded off. Useless features does not a good phone make, good software does however. Watch as iPhone's market share grows like only m$ could dream wm's would have.

You know what, instead of all the "iPhone does not have obscure feature #265 but my phone does, so my phone is better" comments lets just sit back and watch what happens in the next 6-12 months.

11. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Since when is MMS an obscure feature? Every other phone has it. The Nokia which was free with a contract that I have can do MMS. Why shouldn't a $500 phone be able to do MMS?

You really think the iPhone's going gain enough market share to exceed Windows Mobile (and Blackberry for that matter)? The iPhone is locked, available on a single carrier. WM and BB phones are available on every carrier out there. Businesses (who are the major buyers of smartphones) aren't going to rush to Cingular to give all of their employees an iPhone. People who wouldn't touch Cingular with a barge pole because they suck so badly aren't going to get an iPhone. WM and BB have been around for years and have already gained a large part of the market and the iPhone's starting from nothing. The iPhone's not going to take their market share. Microsoft and RIM aren't worried. BlackBerries and Windows Mobile offer unparalleled push e-mail that the iPhone will never match. Yahoo? Yeah, that's going to work real well for companies. Give everyone free Yahoo accounts instead of corporate exchange accounts so they can have push on their iPhone. :rolleyes:

The non-business users are such a small segment of the smartphone market that every single average user who wants a smartphone could buy an iPhone and it still wouldn't even be a drop in the bucket due to the HUGE business market who won't go near the iPhone.

12. cmschmidt macrumors 6502

first of all the iphone is STILL not a smartphone. i wish people would stop calling it one. And i think you're looking at the iphone as a one time deal. like this is the only one that will ever be made. there was a time when there was only like one of your highly coveted "windows mobile" phones. But as time goes on and products evolve they gain market share. And right now the first iphone absolutely destroys what the first gen Winblows mobile phones were. Wait a few years till Apple really gets the hang of the mobile market.

13. adrianblaine macrumors 65816

adrianblaine

It sure seems like a "smartphone" to me...

14. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Yes, it is a smartphone. Internet, e-mail, full PIM, outrageous price. It's a smartphone. In fact, Apple just released a battery comparison chart comparing it to phones such as the Treo, Blackjack and the N95. If it wasn't a smartphone, they'd be comparing it to crap like the RAZR.

And the reason the iPhone destroys the first WM phones is because the technology back then wasn't as advanced. Thats like saying a brand new Kia destroys a Ferrari from the 1960s because the Kia came with a CD player and power windows :rolleyes:

15. kamiboy macrumors 6502

He he he he, you speak with such passion. Let's just wait and see, wait and see...

16. cmschmidt macrumors 6502

except that that description also lists the features of just about every other phone on the market. the question is what in that description differentiates a smartphone from a regular phone, and that is the business features, such as document viewing (pdf, office), etc...at least thats always been my thinking. Either way the iphone has never been billed by apple as a "smartphone".

My point is, the iphone i don't believe was meant for the business user. they wouldn't put so much into internet and music sides if it were. they would put more effort into making it a well rounded business phone.

17. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

PDF, office, full HTML browser, contact management (advanced stuff, not the basic name/number that cheap phones have).

Apple's own battery comparison chart markets it as a smartphone. It's a "why you should buy iPhone instead of a Blackjack/N95/Treo/BlackBerry" chart. Considering that the BJ, N95, Treo and BB are all smartphones (and aimed at business users too) hints that not only does Apple believe the iPhone is a smartphone, but that it's also aimed at business users as well.

18. applehero macrumors 6502

19. /dev/toaster macrumors 68020

/dev/toaster

I am now on my 5th Trep 700p (in a year). I don't know what model you have, but the later the model it is, the worse it is.

20. CoachKrzyzewski macrumors member

21. CoachKrzyzewski macrumors member

(another article the dumbass who wrote the last one linked to):
    http://blogs.zdnet.com/microsoft/?p=505&tag=nl.e622

how do people get away with this crap?

22. macaddicted thread starter macrumors regular

macaddicted

23. scootermafia macrumors member

Any WM is totally Jurassic. I have never gotten much use out of a T-Mobile SDA or a Jornada that I have owned. Within a year the iPhone will have at least as much software to not just be better than the competition, but also have more features. Do you all actually believe that Apple will not put out more software for the iPhone, or that an SDK will never come?

24. scootermafia macrumors member

This is like Microsoft's Fox News. I especially enjoyed the part where she said that Vista came out with Gadgets before Apple came out with Widgets. What subtleties does OSX have to make it better than Vista? Well, I used CherryOS a few years back to install Panther successfully on my PC. However, when I tried to install Vista on that same PC (which didn't have the special "vista revision" motherboard from AsRock which also doesn't work with Vista properly) I got a blue stopscreen.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.