Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

supersalo

macrumors 6502
May 14, 2010
Where did you sell your 2010 MBA?

Ordered my 2011 11" MacBook Air with Core i5 on Wednesday night
(arriving VIA UPS on Monday or tonight)

The good thing, My MacBook Air shipped from Concord ON Canada
I live in Maple ON Canada
Both are parts of Vaughan ON Canada (15 minutes north of Toronto ON)
Concord is a 10minute drive from my home and UPS said it left from Concord at 3:30PM EST so I can expect it anytime between now and 8PM or anytime on Monday:D

SO EXCITED! CAN'T WAIT! I used to have 2010 MBA but sold it on tuesday for this Beast! I love MBAs! hope I can find a ATD or ACD for a good price to hook up with my Mac for a docking station!

Boe11

macrumors 6502a
Sep 12, 2010
New MBA has officially been "delivered!". Considering faking a heart attack so I can leave work early to go get it :D

kevinbal

macrumors regular
Feb 28, 2006
Storrs, CT
Just got my refurbished 11" i5 + 4 gb (samsung drive + display) the other day as a replacement for a Dell netbook -- I wanted an ultraportable but the pixel count on the Dell Mini was just slightly too small for my taste, the 11" screen on the MBA seems to be absolutely perfect for the compromise of screen size.

I'm pretty happy with the battery life so far as well, despite the complaints by many others elsewhere. For what I'm using the Air for, I'm getting around 4.5+ hours of life with WiFi.

Belm

macrumors regular
Jun 20, 2009
Just ordered a refurb 13" w/ 256gb ssd Friday. Should be here Tuesday. Needless to say, I am very excite! :D

dmk1974

macrumors 68020
Sep 16, 2008
What does the box from the refurbed airs from Apple look like? Not a deal maker/breaker, just curious. Thx.

wirelessness

macrumors 6502
Jun 20, 2010
Next Day really is "Next Day"

I ordered my 13" 4GB 128GB refurbished model yesterday (a US shipping holiday) w/ Next Day delivery and it's already made it across the country and is out for delivery. Sweet!!!

Belm

macrumors regular
Jun 20, 2009
What does the box from the refurbed airs from Apple look like? Not a deal maker/breaker, just curious. Thx.

It's pretty much what Kevin said. Plain what box with the info on one side.

On a side note, I was lucky enough to get the Samsung panel and SSD!:D

Jare

macrumors 65816
Jun 17, 2010
Canada
Absolutely love my 11.6" MacBook Air

I just recently purchased the base model MacBook Air (2GB RAM, 64GB SSD) and I must say I absolutely love it. It's much faster then my 2011 Mac Mini (which is also the base model but I'm upgrading the ram from 2GB to 8GB).

Currently use the Mac Mini as a media server for the Air when I'm at home and I do not regret the lower end Air purchase! Everything runs smooth and quick and I've barely managed to get more then 12GB of storage used.

Just thought I'd let ya know. :)

Jare

macrumors 65816
Jun 17, 2010
Canada
Congrats and long may you enjoy your Air. As a fellow MBA owner, I can say it is a terrific computer - and exceedingly portable.

Cheers

Cheers indeed, absolutely love how light and portable it is. And the speed is crazy! Almost as fast as my MBP with it's SSD, and 10x faster then my Mac Mini.

wineandcarbs

macrumors 6502a
May 2, 2008
Congrats! Enjoy! I am strongly considering getting an 11" MBA for work since right now I carry my MBP back and forth with me every day. The MBP is portable as far as laptops go but no where near as portable as the MBA of course.

Jare

macrumors 65816
Jun 17, 2010
Canada
Congrats! Enjoy! I am strongly considering getting an 11" MBA for work since right now I carry my MBP back and forth with me every day. The MBP is portable as far as laptops go but no where near as portable as the MBA of course.

I'd say for sure get one you won't be disappointed. :)

Kadman

macrumors 65816
Sep 22, 2007
Since I got my 11" 128GB/4GB MBA I eventually just decided to give my i7 MBP/8GB/256GB SSD to my 14 year old daughter. The MBA just fits me perfectly!

Mac32

Suspended
Nov 20, 2010
Yep, I have the 2010 ultimate model,
It has to be the most brilliant ultraportable laptop ever made.

dmk1974

macrumors 68020
Sep 16, 2008
On Monday, I just switched back to the 11" MBA 4/128 from my 13" MBA. For me right now, the ultra portability is more important than the longer battery and bigger screen since I often connect it to my 24" monitor when at my desk at home.

How many "dots" do you guys run your screen brightness at? I've been playing with between 6-8.

Also, I just ordered a skin and little case for it so it's easy enough to carry in my work briefcase.

Skin:
http://www.bestskinsever.com/macbook-air-11-inch-skin

Case:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004WI3G3O/ref=oh_o00_s00_i02_details

urkel

macrumors 68030
Nov 3, 2008
I originally got a 13" then switched to 11" and fell in love with it. But in the last few months I'm thinking of selling/trading for a 13" again because (FOR ME) there's too much overlap in portability between an iPad and 11" Air.

The 11" is an impressive little machine but I'm feeling my infatuation with this size is becoming a novelty but realistically I'd be better off with a 13" because its got a better battery, bigger screen and SD slot yet still is very portable. But in the end I'll probably sit still until the next air refresh.

robrob74

macrumors member
Feb 10, 2012
Just ordered refurb!

Hello all, been lurking this forum for awhile and finally ordered my 13" air refurb, i5 256gb 4gb model, couldn't resist the $1349 price tag. I start a new job next month where I'll be required to have a laptop as I'll be working in the field, and can't think of a better laptop to travel with than the air on a daily basis. Couldn't wait to get it next month so I sprung for the $22 overnight shipping, which isn't bad at all. Can't wait to come home tomorrow and get it all setup. My wife has a MacBook pro 13 I bought her last year, and my windows desktop just died 2 months ago, so I am desperate to have my own computer again.
Anyways, looking forward to the air and continuing to refer to this forum!

Rob

Mac32

Suspended
Nov 20, 2010
I agree with Urkel. The 11' model is so portable, lightweight and practical. However, the 16:9 screen ratio coupled with a small screen does become a hassle if you use the computer a lot every day.
I would say the 13' MBA has a much more usable screen size (for more advanced tasks), but is still small and lightweight.
My next MBA is gonna be a Ivy Bridge 13' model.
It all depends on your usage though. Still, I just can't see myself ever buying an iPad. iPad for me is all about consumption, NOT production. As such, its range of uses becomes very narrow. Maybe others can make a good case for it, but I just don't see it. It's just an oversized smartphone to me. ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.