Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dandeco

macrumors 65816
Dec 5, 2008
Brockton, MA
Finally saved up enough from my computer tech job to order me an M1 MacBook Air! I selected one in silver finish, getting the 8-core graphics version with 512 GB SSD and 16 GB of RAM; it should arrive at my address in four weeks (since it's a configure-to-order model.) I decided to opt for the M1 MacBook Air because I also have to save up enough to get a "new" car (at least a few years old), and because I have heard great things about the M1 Macs, especially since the M1 MacBook Air's performance is very close to the MacBook Pro, compared to their Intel predecessors, along with the idea of Apple eventually dropping Intel support while others (like software vendors) increase their ARM Mac support over time.
Now comes the grueling wait...

crispApple

macrumors 6502
Jan 22, 2015
Wisconsin
I purchased my M1 silver MBA on the app on Tuesday 1/12 and the delivery was set for 1/27 - 2/3. I looked on that day as well as yesterday, to see if I could pick up in store but no availability. I look today and it said they are in stock, so I place the order to pick up in store and cancel my previous order. I picked up my MBA within 30 minutes of buying. So moral of the story is, I am typing this on my new MBA I wasn't supposed to get for weeks, so check at least a few times a day and I hope you guys can be as lucky!! :apple::apple::D

Reactions: Fred Zed

Mack813

macrumors member
Jan 24, 2013
just picked up a 1tbssd 8c/8g in gold 16gb ram.

anyone got a video benchmarking the macbook air gpu difference 8 vs 7 gpus? delivers between feb 2-9

ZeroGravitas

macrumors newbie
Dec 31, 2020
My CC was just charged for my MBA M1 order but online still shows as processing for delivery around Feb. 9th. Is that normal?

dandeco

macrumors 65816
Dec 5, 2008
Brockton, MA
Well, sadly I had to cancel the order for the MacBook Air, because I ended up owing SSI money from a failure of communication among getting my job. So now it probably won't be until summertime until I can get one. I may as well have to sell my old MacBook in order to save up for a new MacBook Air... or at least wait until I get my tax returns to see what to do.
easycome.gif

xraydoc

Contributor
Oct 9, 2005
Just ordered one. The battery on my current laptop (a Microsoft SurfaceBook 2) is crapping out, and I want something smaller & lighter.

Ordered a silver MBA 16/512 (8-core GPU). Should arrive in 2 weeks or so.

Very much looking forward to it. Haven't used macOS in quite some time -- my iPad Pro has been handling a lot of my mobile work and have been using my Windows desktop for everything else.

RAFbombhead

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2020
Ordered an M1 MBA (Space Grey/8C/16/1Tb) today with a bunch of accessories. Everything is being delivered tomorrow, except the MBA. 1-2 week projected delivery dateto the UK. Thanks Gamestop!

achonody

macrumors member
Jan 29, 2021
Will my MBA maybe ship over the weekend with express shipping? Or will the soonest it will ship will be Monday? Dying here! Lol Every time I go to check on my order it still says processing.

RAFbombhead

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2020
Will my MBA maybe ship over the weekend with express shipping? Or will the soonest it will ship will be Monday? Dying here! Lol Every time I go to check on my order it still says processing.
Have you been charged yet? Usually the charge only goes through a day or two before shipping.

TWFDan31

macrumors newbie
Jan 24, 2021
Ordered an M1 MBA (Space Grey/8C/16/1Tb) today with a bunch of accessories. Everything is being delivered tomorrow, except the MBA. 1-2 week projected delivery dateto the UK. Thanks Gamestop!

I ordered the same spec MBA 2 weeks ago and I’m being told it’ll still be another couple of weeks yet, so don’t expect to get it in 1-2 weeks!

RAFbombhead

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2020
I ordered the same spec MBA 2 weeks ago and I’m being told it’ll still be another couple of weeks yet, so don’t expect to get it in 1-2 weeks!
Ahh balls..... oh well. Hopefully worth the wait then! On the plus side, my new Magic Mouse and Keyboard arrived, the space grey ones are sexy compared to the white ones!

TWFDan31

macrumors newbie
Jan 24, 2021
Have you had any update on shipping yet?
Yeah, it got shipped from Shanghai on Thursday and Apple are saying it’ll be with me on Monday (although for the last 2 days, the UPS tracker has said “please check back again later for scheduled delivery” so we’ll see. I’ll keep you posted when it arrives.

Reactions: barca bear

achonody

macrumors member
Jan 29, 2021
I ordered my gold 256GB/8GB/7GPU on 1/25 and was given a delivery window of 1-2 weeks. It shipped February 4th and I received it February 5th. It shipped from Tennessee and I was amazed how fast the shipping was! I believe perhaps this was because I didn’t custom configure the machine. This was the very first Mac I owned that I didn’t customize because the base model fit my needs. This MBA is wicked fast and a huge upgrade for me coming from a 12 inch gold 2017 MacBook. I am loving Touch ID and the magic keyboard.

I was a bit concerned upon receiving my new MBA as the shipping box had a hole in it. However the MBA product box itself was undamaged and the computer was pristine.

I am absolutely loving the new M1 chip and will be doing both work/play things!

KarimLeVallois

macrumors 68020
Feb 22, 2014
London
Yeah, it got shipped from Shanghai on Thursday and Apple are saying it’ll be with me on Monday (although for the last 2 days, the UPS tracker has said “please check back again later for scheduled delivery” so we’ll see. I’ll keep you posted when it arrives.
Mine must be with yours! Currently just left UAE… Mine also says come back tomorrow to check scheduled date. Was initially Tuesday.

TWFDan31

macrumors newbie
Jan 24, 2021
Mine must be with yours! Currently just left UAE… Mine also says come back tomorrow to check scheduled date. Was initially Tuesday.
Yep - it’s saying delivery Tuesday now. Since I last posted it’s gone from Shanghai to Korea, to the UAE and now it’s in Germany. By the time it gets to me, it‘ll be more well travelled than I am!

Sneakz

macrumors 65816
Jul 17, 2008
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Just ordered one on Saturday. 7/16/512 Silver. Quoted Mar 3-10 for delivery.

Though if I find a 8/16/1TB in Silver in a local Apple Store before then, I might just buy that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.