Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacMur

macrumors regular
Feb 24, 2008
California
Hope...is all i can say...i live in torrance and i checked manhattan beach, santa monica, and about 4 other stores in those areas which are 45min-1.5 hours away depending on traffic...so i just ordered online.
:mad:

I cannot believe it but I have in my hot little (well not so little) hands a brand new in the box 13" MBP 2.53/250g computer. They do in fact have some at the Victoria Gardens store. Hooray. Don't know how many they have but if they got them someone else must be about to get them.:):D:)

By the way I got a Free Ipod Touch and a Free HP Printer. I had to send in for the rebate and it says the loot will be here in 30 days. Seems too good to be true. I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop any minute.

poematik14

macrumors member
Jan 29, 2009
After a year of laptop research, I pulled the trigger on a MBP 15.4.

I looked at all the other laptops. They are cheap, plastic, brittle and dont "feel" right. The price/performance is nice though, but everything else sucked. The battery life is an hour tops, and none of them are aesthetically pleasing.

I appreciate good design, a product that stands out and sets benchmarks for ergonomics and justifies hardware as an art form.

I ordered a refurb 2.4ghz 15.4" MBP late 08, 2gb ram 9600gt 256.

I feel like a million dollars.

Ive been a windows fan my whole life, but for once I want to walk on the wild side and satisfy my jungle fever. I want a big 15.4" screen to fulfill my needs ;)

Disavowed

macrumors regular
Apr 10, 2009
Midwest
15" MBP 2.53 GHz

Was worried about the shortages of 2.53GHz models in both 13" and 15" sizes so I called to check and see if the had a 15" and BINGO, they had one. They set it aside and I was there in two shakes of a lamb's tale.

Left with MBP, Incase 17" nylon backpack (that I will use with Zero-shock 111 sleeve with memory polyurethane sponge like interior and orange leather exterior), iWork....which I got for free due to mistake with previous order, and 16 GB iPod Touch (edu discount, thank you very much)

Get home and am immediately impressed with screen......then I try to throw everything I can at it-software updates, loading iwork, iTunes, safari, adium- and it just kept asking for more.

Gave the machine a very close once over and the only flaw in construction I found was a miniature speck of powder-coating missing. Tried to see if it was something that could be thumbnailed away, but no. The good news is that it's on the bottom and REALLY have to be looking for it!

I could not be happier. I can hardly believe I was contemplating a MBA. I think it's a good computer but I just couldn't pull the trigger on a computer with less than 4 gigs of RAM knowing that it has to last me at least three years!

Finally, and I know I am rambling, I think the 15" sized screen is perfect for me. Not too big, not too small, but just right!

Ok, that's all she wrote.....for now! :D

dsearch4et

macrumors newbie
Jul 14, 2009
hello! i really want to get a macbook pro 13, but its kind of expensive. so, im hoping to get the back-to-school rebate.

may i know what documents are required to be submitted for me to get the rebate? i'm enrolled in 1 subject in my institution, since i am working, and i'm just taking extra classes. i'm not sure if i qualify for the rebate, but if i can submit the documents needed, then i'll be fine.

:D thanks!

DewGuy1999

macrumors 68040
Jan 25, 2009
hello! i really want to get a macbook pro 13, but its kind of expensive. so, im hoping to get the back-to-school rebate.

may i know what documents are required to be submitted for me to get the rebate? i'm enrolled in 1 subject in my institution, since i am working, and i'm just taking extra classes. i'm not sure if i qualify for the rebate, but if i can submit the documents needed, then i'll be fine.

:D thanks!

Student Discount - Apple Store

From the above page, terms and conditions:

Eligibility

Those eligible to purchase from the Apple Store for Education Individuals include faculty, staff, students and parents as follows:

K12 - Any employee of a public or private K-12 institution in the United States is eligible. In addition, school board members who are currently serving as elected or appointed members are eligible. PTA or PTO executives currently serving as elected or appointed officers are eligible.

Higher Education - Faculty and staff of Higher Education institutions; and students attending, or accepted into a Higher Education institution are eligible to purchase. Purchases from the Apple Store for Education Individuals are not for institutional purchase or resale.

Higher Education Parents - Parents purchasing on behalf of their child, who is a student currently attending or accepted into a public or private Higher Education Institution in the United States, are eligible to purchase.​

youyesyou

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2007
Paris, France
I'm joining the list of people who are waiting for their Macbook Pro to ship and arrived.

I ordered a 15" MBP, 2,53Ghz. I'm dying waiting, here are the shipping details :

Current Status: Not yet shipped
Ships: 27 Jul, 2009
Delivers: 05 Aug, 2009

I've ordered an iPod Touch 8Go and the HP C4480 printer. My plan is to sell them, lowering the price of my MBP 15".

cdaugherty

macrumors newbie
Jul 12, 2009
Joining the club

I just picked up my 17" MBP last night at the Apple store. After much back and forth I went with the Anti-Glare and am very happy with it. I spent about an hour in the store with the two models side by side adjusted colors and tested with various apps/movies/etc and my wife and I both said "AG".

Loving it so far, its my first Mac purchase!

eclipse310

macrumors newbie
Jul 13, 2009
shipment delay

Heres what my shipment status says:
Not yet shipped Product / Part No. Qty
MBP 13.3/2.53/

Ships: Jul 27
Delivers: Jul 30
and i purch on sunday july 12th...

also i purchased apple care...and it says its already been completed...any ideas on what that could mean? arent they suppose to send me the box with the warr information on it? it says this....

Complete
Product / Part No. Qty
APP MB/MB AIR/13" MB PRO - COL/AE
S3136LL/A

any help would be appreciated...

rick3000

macrumors 6502a
May 6, 2008
West Coast
Got my third MBP from Fedex today (my second replacement). It clicks and beeps just like the last one except Apple is refusing to replace it this time. I am meeting with a Genius later to verify this is not normal. If they mark it DOA I will be changing the HD to a 320GB@7200RPM or a 256GB SSD.

The 500GB@7200RPM HD is a completely POS and I caution anyone considering buying one of these computers to avoid that model drive.

NikFinn

macrumors 6502a
Jun 22, 2009
MA
I'm getting my macbook pro 13" as soon as the person who's buying my Nikon D60 stops by with the cash (sad to see it go), I just want my MBP so bad...

Disavowed

macrumors regular
Apr 10, 2009
Midwest
I'm joining the list of people who are waiting for their Macbook Pro to ship and arrived.

I ordered a 15" MBP, 2,53Ghz. I'm dying waiting, here are the shipping details :

Current Status: Not yet shipped
Ships: 27 Jul, 2009
Delivers: 05 Aug, 2009

I've ordered an iPod Touch 8Go and the HP C4480 printer. My plan is to sell them, lowering the price of my MBP 15".

Did you try getting one from an Apple Store, or was the printer the reason you bought online due to larger selection?

I just got my 15" 2.53 GHz and I LOVE it.

Enjoy...

eclipse310

macrumors newbie
Jul 13, 2009
Did you try getting one from an Apple Store, or was the printer the reason you bought online due to larger selection?

Enjoy...
This is why i bought mine online...Apple use to advertise the mp620 when you purchase a macbook. Now they advertise 3 new printers. I still wanted the mp620 because it was only $150 and had wifi enabled. Apple stores on the other hand dont carry this model, at least not when i checked. So i ordered mine on july 12th, 2009. I just received the printer yesterday and now im waiting on the macbook pro to get here. So now i have a printer with no laptop... :) at least its hooked up and ready to go...the anticipation is killing me...:cool:

Boxer757

macrumors member
Mar 16, 2009
Posting from my new 13" UMBP!!!

Computer is great so far. I have just been transferring all my music and other media. Trying to run the battery down right now to calibrate it.

Thinking of using the coconut battery app or iStat...

Loving my :apple: so far :D

footballforever

macrumors member
Feb 18, 2008
Posting from my new 13" UMBP!!!

Computer is great so far. I have just been transferring all my music and other media. Trying to run the battery down right now to calibrate it.

Thinking of using the coconut battery app or iStat...

Loving my :apple: so far :D

This should be done once a month, not as soon as yuou get, I think it's written somewhere here that this is not good to do right out of the box.

I too have the 13" UMBP, got it 2 weeks ago.

youyesyou

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2007
Paris, France

Enjoy...

I would, but there is no apple store in paris yet. Apple will open one near the "Pyramide du Louvre" this fall. I called the Apple store (online), speaker told me that they have no MBP 2,53 at the moment, this is why this is so long.

youyesyou

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2007
Paris, France
Heres what my shipment status says:
Not yet shipped Product / Part No. Qty
MBP 13.3/2.53/

Ships: Jul 27
Delivers: Jul 30
and i purch on sunday july 12th...

also i purchased apple care...and it says its already been completed...any ideas on what that could mean? arent they suppose to send me the box with the warr information on it? it says this....

Complete
Product / Part No. Qty
APP MB/MB AIR/13" MB PRO - COL/AE
S3136LL/A

any help would be appreciated...

I've the same shipping date (27 July). I think Apple hasn't any 250Go HD in stock, so new orders will be all ship on July 27. Only my guess here.

eclipse310

macrumors newbie
Jul 13, 2009
I've the same shipping date (27 July). I think Apple hasn't any 250Go HD in stock, so new orders will be all ship on July 27. Only my guess here.

I knew i should have upgraded my HD...oh well haha. I just didnt see a need to have more than 250gb of space. I felt that if i needed more i would get a portable HD. I guess im first in line then huh? i ordered it on sunday so well see what happens.

tallguy

macrumors regular
Jun 11, 2008
Canada

I think your right. I knew I should have just got the 160 lol. Of course I probably would have regretted that decision in a couple of years.

Flojojr2007

macrumors newbie
Jul 17, 2009
I ordered my MBP 13" 250 gb HD 4 gb memory wednesday night and was told it would ship the next day...so I was obviously stunned to see that it won't be shipped until the 29th.

This completely sucks because I go back to school that very day so when my mom gets it she's going to have to ship it to me.

I will definitely be complaining :mad:

NikFinn

macrumors 6502a
Jun 22, 2009
MA
Went to go pick up my 13" today. Almost drove 45 mins to an apple store that was closed for renovations, luckily I checked online first haha. I had to drive a little further, but it was of course totally worth it. :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.