Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Toonartist

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2017
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Wow the screen is so narrow and horrible yellow tint and as you turn slightly it gets white this is so poor I wanna swap for 8 plus this is disgusting

Before giving up, go to Settings/ General / Accessibility / Display Accommodations and play with the colour filters. You should be able to balance it out!

SuperZay'N

macrumors regular
Sep 26, 2017
OLED does not have the same viewing angles as Apple's brilliant IPS panels. This is part of stepping down to a cheaper tech.

The cross width reach for one handed use, doesn't look any different than an iPhone 6-8...
oled is cheaper? comical. so your theory is that they used a cheaper screen just to raise the price?

convergent

macrumors 68040
May 6, 2008
Mines still 10 days away from being in my hand, but playing with a co-workers this morning...

I don't know. I was expecting to be more excited, I guess. It's just... not exciting

Its still iOS and the only difference in function is FaceID. The screen is bigger in relation to the size, and OMLED. What did you expect to be excited about? I think if people are really honest, a lot will be disappointed after it sinks in that its pretty much the same as the other iPhones. Animated emojis will be fun for a week.

Why if someone is being honest and someone doesn’t wanna hear it they are called a trol no I just spent 13 hours in regent street and have it and if ppl don’t believe then cool

Because you said something negative about the iPhone X. How dare you. Don't you realize that everyone in the world has to love the X or they are a troll? This is what happens when people cross over to become fanboys for a brand and just accept everything with no objectivity.

Last edited by a moderator:

Olganech

macrumors regular
Mar 21, 2015
Exactly. Its like just before a new iPhone is revealed. No pictures, no spec, no prices, but a load of people saying that they are going to get the new iPhone. Seems rather strange to me.

If I am putting down nearly a grand for anything I am going to be doing research and getting some hands on experience with the item before I make a purchase.

I would never buy anything on launch day.

Reactions: Demo Kit

myrtlebee

macrumors 68030
Jul 9, 2011
Maryland
If I am putting down nearly a grand for anything I am going to be doing research and getting some hands on experience with the item before I make a purchase.

I would never buy anything on launch day.

I really don't understand this mentality when you can simply return it and get all of your money back. And if it's on a credit card, chances are you never have to actually pay for it before it's returned anyway. If you want "hands on experience" what is a better hands on experience than using it in the comfort of your own home and using it as you normally would during the 14 day return period?

Reactions: darrenf1

mjr1000

macrumors regular
Oct 31, 2017
I really don't understand this mentality when you can simply return it and get all of your money back. And if it's on a credit card, chances are you never have to actually pay for it before it's returned anyway. If you want "hands on experience" what is a better hands on experience than using it in the comfort of your own home and using it as you normally would during the 14 day return period?
$45 restocking fee... :(

Gryzor

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2010
I have 2 OLED tv's. I could never go back to crappy LCD panels again.
Amen to that, I've got 2 as well, an LG and a SONY (whose panel is made by LG but with SONY software). I use the LG for gaming and the SONY for movies. Stunning, although the QLED from Samsung is a damn-fine LCD for the price.

myrtlebee

macrumors 68030
Jul 9, 2011
Maryland
Hairline scratches all over my screen right out of the box. One is especially noticeable. What am I supposed to do with my SIM cards if I return the X? I activated the new X SIM card (Verizon) - can I just take out the SIM card and put it into my old phone and return the phone to Apple without a sim? Also how do I stop Verizon from charging me the upgrade fee if I return the phone to Apple?

mizvalorie

macrumors regular
Mar 22, 2010
It is clearly different from my iPhone 7. It is slightly further to the left and about a quarter inch lower, which makes all the difference for me. I need to painfully stretch my thumb to get to it, which is not fun at all and hence a deal-breaker.

You must have super tiny hands. I’m a small girl and with a small stretch can reach the edge one handed. iPhone X is literally the best phone the have produced.

RecentlyConverted

macrumors 6502a
Oct 21, 2015

In that case I agree with you. A lot of us buy our products from a local retail store, which might not have a policy like that (but may offer keener pricing). So yes if unsure buy direct and give it a try.

Chloros

Suspended
May 4, 2016
People...Apple forums are about loathing and praising the best company ever making the best products ever...not complain about its products. Apple doesn't make bad products....period. So please take your pill and lets get back on track.

TroyBoy30

macrumors 68030
Jun 9, 2009
Atlanta GA
Just spare a thought for us peasants that still have LCD TVs and phones.

loving my lg 4k oled. it was worth every penny

9441E313-0FCF-4E2A-87B7-4EDE8465EECC_zpseraz6oc8.jpg

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
Why not test the new phone for 12 days and then make a decision as to whether you want to keep or not? That would be the most logical thing to do, versus making a rush judgment and trying to gauge one's emotion on whether or not other forum members, who engage in rush decisions, are of like mind.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.