The iPad Connectivity Issue Is Back

Discussion in 'iPad' started by maclaptop, May 14, 2011.

1. maclaptop macrumors 65816

maclaptop

Remember this?

"A little over a year ago, some new iPad owners found they were having issues with the device's Wi-Fi connection. Signals were weak, or worse, dropped altogether. The only solution at the time, before Apple released a fix, was to disable and re-enable the Wi-Fi connection."

Now, that same problem has returned, and this time, other iOS devices are affected, too, including the iPhone and the iPod Touch. It's affecting 3G as well.

Sadly I just updated my iPad 2, and now I have a slab of glass and aluminum with little to no WiFi connectivity. Very disappointing.

Here's more:

http://goo.gl/Oz8ta

http://goo.gl/IcxwR

2. Skika macrumors 68030

3. gatearray macrumors 65816

4. PCClone macrumors 6502a

5. yegon macrumors 68020

Never dropped a signal once since purchase/4.3.3.

6. DeathChill macrumors 68000

I'm pretty sure you're full of it.

7. xraytech macrumors 68020

Solid over here, buddy.

8. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

As much as you'd seem to like to create a sensational new mega thread with lots of people to comiserate with, looks like the problem's only "back" for you. Try a new router.

9. CAWjr macrumors 6502

CAWjr

No issues here...unless I wander too far from a signal & even then, it clings to the network for dear life.

10. benhollberg macrumors 68020

benhollberg

I thought my iPad was having problems last week, it turned out to be the hotspot I was using. My friends laptop seemed to drop it as well so I assume it isn't the iPad. I'll check back if I have any other problems though.

11. 4DThinker macrumors 68020

4.3.3 brought WiFi problems to my iPad2 and Touch 4th gen. As if the OS allowed something to overwrite the WiFi passwords. My home connection disintigrated as I was using it on both devices. Had to forget then re-enter my 64 character code on both. Not fun. Absolutely a bug.

12. ste1164 macrumors 6502a

ste1164

13. treyjustice macrumors 65816

treyjustice

Every time I awake from sleep I have to disconnect and reconnect to get my wifi to work. It has signal but the internet doesn't work. It blows.

14. Stefx73 macrumors regular

No problem with mine.

You might wanna do a wifi survey and set your router to use another channel, could be some interference from other wifis.

15. Built macrumors 68020

16. Pete the Geek macrumors regular

I'm having no connectivity issues whatsoever and I've certainly been giving my iPad 2 a rigorous workout!

After upgrading to iOS 4.3.3 on Tuesday, I've spent five days traveling and attending a conference on a large university campus. As i moved from building to building, to the hotel at night, and to various restaurants and coffee shops I would be connected to different networks, sometimes switching between 3G and WiFi as I followed a map. ATM I'm typing this on the free Pearson Airport WiFi. This device has performed flawlessly and is earning it's keep!

I wonder if the issue only affects certain units?

17. scorpio1973 macrumors 6502a

No problems here. I have used my iPad 2 at home, work, and my mom's house and I haven't dropped my wifi signal yet. It's been great!

18. slopokdave macrumors member

Mine "times out" every time I shut off the screen at work; you must login through a login/pass portal. Unless, I keep it plugged in or keep an audio stream going.

I normally do the audio stream, listen to Pandora etc. It's def the iPad too because my Evo stays connected all day.

19. camarobh macrumors 6502

No problems here

I have had my iPad 2 since launch day. I take it everywhere with me. Absolutely no connectivity issues anywhere. Updated to 4.3.3 also with no issues. Same with 3 iPhone 4's on 4.3.3 here. No issues.

20. jsan1 macrumors member

Every once in a while mine does indeed drop the signal but I just have to go into settings and figure it out. Usually only happens once I change from one of around 4 networks a day to another.

21. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Funny, at this same time this post was made saying the connectivity issue was back, my existing connectivity issue on my original iPad seemed to go away. I had issues really crop up when the multitasking and folders was released, but now everything seems fine. Strange.

Will cross my fingers and hope it stays that way cause wifi dropouts are REALLY annoying.

22. cardinalryan macrumors 6502

cardinalryan

My iPad 2 absolutely has connectivity issues...I'm on my second one and it's certainly intermittent.

I have taken my iPad 1 back from my wife because it has no such issues. I'm not suggesting that this is a rampant problem, but there are definitely quality control issues at play with iPad 2.

23. megsandbytes macrumors member

24. Born Again macrumors regular