The IPad Pro 12.9" just may be my favorite Apple product of all time.

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Jacoblee23, Jul 3, 2016.

1. Jacoblee23 macrumors 6502a

It is awfully close between this and my 2015 MacBook Pro with retina, but I absolutely love this device. I rarely use my iPad Air 2 anymore. Split screen multitasking is amazing, I just don't understand why more apps aren't getting support. Would love to see Netflix get support and the Facebook app. Love this device so much though.

2. Spink10 macrumors 601

Spink10

I guess not enough demand to push developers? Has Apple released numbers for iPad Pro 12.9?

3. Shirasaki macrumors 603

Shirasaki

Well this is again, first generation product. Next gen iPad Pro 12.9 would be better and support would also be better. Kinda want to know how to play my rhythm game on such a huge screen though. :p
    Oh. Microsoft office support on split screen is awesome. Don't know about Apple "numbers" "pages" and "keynotes" because demo iPad Pro doesn't install them.

4. xrevilationx macrumors member

xrevilationx

5. Jacoblee23 thread starter macrumors 6502a

It doesn't show up under my list of apps whenever I swipe to the left to bring up the supported apps.

6. Jacoblee23 thread starter macrumors 6502a

7. ielessar macrumors regular

I agree, it is a great product. Even though this is my 4th iPad, but I love it a lot. Never thought the big screen would have me use it so much.

8. James.K.Polk macrumors 6502a

I traded my 9.7" Pro for the 12.9"... wow am I glad I did. Side-by-side notes and PDFs is awesome. The only "problem" is that I still feel a little weird using it in public, but that I will get over quickly, I hope. Can't wait to use it this fall in law school.

9. Skika macrumors 68030

Because you are in slider over mode and not side by side.

10. Arran macrumors 68040

Arran

My office printer is gathering dust since everything now gets "printed" to PDFs and sent to my iPad. Some people complain about the size of the 12 inch iPad, but it's much easier to travel with than multiple 1000-page printouts.

And it's pretty good for surfing too!

11. Channan macrumors 68030

Channan

I don't really see the appeal in split screen multitasking for videos. The letterboxing is ridiculous. I wish Apple would allow us to do split screen top and bottom in portrait. That would make a lot more sense for videos.

12. Shirasaki macrumors 603

Shirasaki

Allow users to play two games simultaneously. Then I will gladly buy it.

13. Aluminum213, Jul 4, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2016

Aluminum213 macrumors 68040

Aluminum213

You must have some attention issues to need to play two iOS games at once

14. Shirasaki macrumors 603

Shirasaki

I may not have such issue you have mentioned. I want to do that because it is cool. Of course I can live without it.

15. rowspaxe macrumors 68000

rowspaxe

The answer is IOS limitations, no pointing fuctionality, no convenient external data solution. I ask, what highend applications do you want to run with these limitations?

16. Jacoblee23 thread starter macrumors 6502a

What's the difference and how do I do side by side?

17. Shirasaki macrumors 603

Shirasaki

The most obvious difference is you can use two apps at the same time.
    To do it, touch the centre point of the left edge of slide-over app, wait until there is a line showing up, and drag it. You will notice that line moves with your finger. Adjust that line or just leave it at the centre of screen, which is default behaviour, then leave your finger away from that line.
    Now, you can use two apps side by side.

18. concernedone macrumors regular

concernedone

I agree this and the iPhone 6 Plus... Finally a larger phone. So, you don't have to read tiny text on a small screen. Actually I wouldn't mind a iPad Mini sized phone that would be my ultimate portable phone / tablet. That and an iPad pro would be ideal setup for me.

19. Deane2000 macrumors member

Deane2000

The 12.9 is a pretty nice product. We'll executed, different and lots of potential for the future. Glad you are so stoked!

20. Kal-037 macrumors 6502a

Kal-037

Depends on the day, but usually I live all over.
    This is my favorite Apple Device that Apple has produced. The iMac 5k is a close second, followed closely by the iPad Mini 4.

Kal.

21. DNichter macrumors 68020

DNichter

I see advantages, but just not enough app support. Most apps are not optimized for the screen and look pretty terrible. I couldn't deal with this and had to return.

22. jamesrick80 macrumors 68000

jamesrick80

The apps I use are very nice and scale nicely to the resolution...many apps have updated to support the 12.9 pro's higher resolution.

23. DNichter macrumors 68020

DNichter

Maybe it is different now, but it wasn't this way a month ago. Popular apps such as Facebook and Flipboard weren't updated and many that I use likely will never be. I am a bit particular about this stuff, so maybe it is just me. I hope the developer market for the 12.9 changes, but I just don't see it happening.

24. GrindedDown macrumors 6502a

To be fair, facebook has been one of the slowest to adopt to different screen sizes for iDevices. It took them what felt like ages to optimize for the 6 plus. Same with other generation ipads like the 3 with retina.

I can see the developer market changing a good deal, but not in that developers and studios/companies that develop for smartphones will suddenly adopt the pro as a standard. Rather new developers will come in and develop some awesome stuff that was built from the ground up for the pro series. Its already starting to happen.

One of my favorites is shapr3d. They built a ground up 3d design app meant for the pro that works awesomely with the apple pencil. Even if your not into 3d design you should try it out as a demo (its rather easy to use)

One other that is supposed to be released late this year possibly early next year are the affinity photo and designer apps. Having seen the demos it looks like they are working on what could end up being the killer app(s) for the ipad pro lineup.