the iPhone 4 came out in 2010.

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Bacong, Mar 16, 2014.

1. Bacong macrumors 68000

Bacong

What Android phones from that year can you put 4.4 KitKat on?

I'm waiting.

Yes, iOS 7 sucks on the iPhone 4. But at least people who still have it can download the latest apps. Meanwhile, there are Android phones released in 2013 that don't have the latest Android version yet.

Get a new phone if it bothers you that much. Otherwise, realize that by today's standards, the 4 has ancient hardware. Be happy it's running 7 at all.

2. Intelligent macrumors 6502a

Intelligent

I don't see why you would start a new thread for this, who are you talking to?
    Anyways with the new 7.1 iOS 7 have great improvements on iPhone 4, so right now it doesn't "suck" so much. I'ts great that apple keeps supporting older phones and stuff.

3. Bacong thread starter macrumors 68000

Bacong

talking to anyone and everyone crying and whining about their iPhone 4 being slow. It's like complaining that their car with 250k miles is falling apart. It's an old phone, and Apple's getting ripped for 7 not working that well on it.

People need perspective. It's an ancient phone by today's standards.

4. MisakixMikasa macrumors 6502a

MisakixMikasa

This thread is completely pointless. All you want to do is defends Apple for really none issue. Regardless what Android phone/ Windows Phone/ Androi phone gets or not get the latest update, iOS 7 runs slow on iPhone 4 that is fact.

Maybe iPhone 4 is old, what about iPad 3? This thing is not even that old and yet loss some important features and runs pretty slowly even compare with iPad mini first generation.

If you feel Apple is getting ripped for 7 not working well on iPhone 4 is that hear broken to you, you need Apple jobs at Apple Store, promoting every single iPhone 4 user update to iOS 7 and show them how awesome iOS 7 on iPhone 4 or get a life.

P.S. Before you whining around about how people complaining iOS 7 runs terribly on their iPhone 4, maybe you should suggest Apple let these people downgrade to iOS 6 for better experience?

5. LordQ macrumors 68040

LordQ

Completely agree. I encourage everyone to do a clean 7.1 restore, set up as new iPhone and don't restore from an iCloud backup. It's day and night for the good'ol iPhone 4.

6. mattypurvis1 macrumors newbie

I think the ops point is at least apple keeps supporting older devices like the iPhone 4 which is 4 years old

7. Sirious macrumors 65816

Sirious

You have no idea! hahahaha :p:p

8. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

Do you know what, I would really rather they didn't. So what if the odd app can't be updated at some point, I would rather that than an 'upgraded' o/s which virtually renders my handset useless. They become so frustratingly slow that you have an instant urge to buy a new one. Hmm, I wonder why that is...

9. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

I am extremely happy that my iPhone 4 gets iOS 7. But it will be the last major iOS it gets :(

10. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

I don't for the life of me understand why people are so desperate to get the 'fresh new look' of iOS7 when it comes with SO many negatives. Hell, it comes with negatives for iPhone5 users, let alone those who own a handset two generations behind that. Perhaps I'm odd in that I value battery life way and above visual gimmicks, or perhaps it's because I'm over 40. Maybe the younger users don't want to be lumbered with an unfashionable and uncool operating system.

11. JobsGang macrumors regular

JobsGang

My ipad 3 runs 7.0 and 7.1 with no issue at all.The OP is right.

12. luckydcxx macrumors 65816

luckydcxx

0 phones lol, android is a joke when it comes to the latest updates and support. The carriers have to push the updates.

Apple literally changed the control that carriers have over phones. They are in charge and carriers will provide nothing but service to the phone. Genius.

13. dba415 macrumors 6502

what about the nexus line

14. luckydcxx macrumors 65816

luckydcxx

There are a grand total of ZERO nexus phones that came out in 2010 that support kitkat 4.4

15. MisakixMikasa macrumors 6502a

MisakixMikasa

No. iPad 3 still runs terrible double tap home button take one or two seconds to enter multitasking view, Safari still crashes a lot. Even with DFU restore, iOS 7.1 still not bring acceptable performance.

I also have first gen and second gen iPad mini. iOS 7.1 runs slower than iPad mini first gen.

All iPad runs iOS 7.0.x pretty terriblely. Five finger pinch to home screen lag, change wallpaper lag, Safari crashes, SpringBoard re-spring. iOS 7.1 did improved thing a lot, but iPad 3 still rep try bad.

----------

Not officially, the Nexus one still able to run KitKar if you know how to flash ROM and flashing ROM on Nexus line is pretty easy.

Things are different with iOS devices. If Apple decide to not support new devices with new OS, you are stuck with old Os forever. There is no way you can flash ROM for new OS. This is why Apple must to support iOS devices longer. But for almost all Android devices all you need to do is do some research and flash ROM.

16. Bacong thread starter macrumors 68000

Bacong

You think iOS 7.1 has problems? Try installing one of your unofficial 4.4 roms and see the multitude of issues.

and yeah, installing roms is easy, but it's far beyond the grasp of the typical smartphone user.

17. anaqvi786 macrumors regular

Samsung Galaxy SII running cyanogenmod. Please don't make any more pointless threads now or act like a fanboy. It's simply not needed.

18. Bacong thread starter macrumors 68000

Bacong

Sweet. When you can install it by going to software update, you let me know.

19. Xiph0s macrumors regular

Add this to the growing list of 'Worst Threads of 2014'.

20. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

No people want the new look of iOS becuase IT LOOKS AWESOME!! At least that's why I want it.

----------

I think this is a good thread.

21. Bacong thread starter macrumors 68000

Bacong

[​IMG]

22. MisakixMikasa macrumors 6502a

MisakixMikasa

I have installed countless ROM on my Nexus 4, Nexus 7 really did not experienced any problem...

----------

I still do not understand the point of this thread other than loyal fans showing off how Apple providing updates to their almost 4 years old phone... Yea, we know that already....

23. Bacong thread starter macrumors 68000

Bacong

To clarify -- I'm not fanboying Apple here. I like Android a lot, too. I would love to have a Nexus 5 or a Moto X (again) as my second phone, but that's just excessive.

The point of this thread is that iPhone 4 owners need a little perspective. Your phone is from 2010. It is old. It will not function as fast as it did when you got it (by the way, the fastest iPhone was the iPhone 5 with 6.1.3. not even close), that's just how things are.

Some fans of technology are spoiled and entitled.

If you own an iPhone 4, these are your options:

- Keep it
    - Get a new phone

Complaining about how slow it is does NOTHING. It won't make it faster. Apple isn't going to devote a ton of resources to a phone released in 2010. If you think they should, you're selfish or delusional.

Now, this isn't to say iPhone 4 users don't have valid complaints. It is pretty bad on 7. I haven't used it on 7.1, people say it's better, but it's obviously not as good as it was when it came out. Again, that's technology. You wouldn't complain that Battlefield 4 looks much better on PS4 than it does on your PS3, right? It's common sense.

----------

Neither have I, but I've also installed roms on other phones and had tons of problems. HTC phones, mainly, but I've tried finding good roms for lesser phones (that made up a majority of Android's marketshare) and it's nigh impossible for some. HTC phones are notoriously difficult to achieve S-OFF and I could NOT find a functional, properly working Jellybean rom for my HTC Evo 3D, which was a pretty popular phone.

An S-OFF method for that phone was using a paperclip to contact the metal in the SD card slot...no thanks. I love the flexibility of Android phones, but the best functionality exists in the flagships (which, if you own the most popular Android phones, the Galaxy series, have locked bootloaders on AT&T and Verizon, the biggest carriers, making it extremely difficult if not impossible to install a new rom)

24. TechGod macrumors 68040

TechGod

iPad 3 uses the iPad 2 CPU with an upgraded GPU and way higher res screen, go figure. Apple messed up bad by putting in old tech in terms of iPad 3 Cpu which is why the 4 came out when it did. The 3 was only a filler.

----------

Erm most ROM's are extremely stable. I know this.

25. Bacong thread starter macrumors 68000

Bacong

there are a lot of good and a lot of bad roms.