Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iansilv

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 2, 2007
Anyone think that Apple has simply flushed out their leaks and learned from their mistakes? And THAT is why the iPhone 5 has been so well hidden? We have watched secrecy surrounding every Apple release and this time, "official analyst supply checks" are turning up nothing... Maybe Apple has truly fixed a lot of those leaks? Maybe companies now know that when they have a new product- like a thinner glass or a chipset that does both gsm and CDMA that they should not announce it, but take it to Apple first... Etc etc.

I guess I am saying that the first iPhone was pretty well hidden and its success drove this new search for future product clues. Maybe Apple really has nailed things down and is using the 4S as a smokescreen for the real star- the iPhone 5.

I mean, the idea that Att stores actually received cases that don't fit anything out there but a new form factor is pretty convincing...

applefan289

macrumors 68000
Aug 20, 2010
USA
Anyone think that Apple has simply flushed out their leaks and learned from their mistakes? And THAT is why the iPhone 5 has been so well hidden? We have watched secrecy surrounding every Apple release and this time, "official analyst supply checks" are turning up nothing... Maybe Apple has truly fixed a lot of those leaks? Maybe companies now know that when they have a new product- like a thinner glass or a chipset that does both gsm and CDMA that they should not announce it, but take it to Apple first... Etc etc.

I guess I am saying that the first iPhone was pretty well hidden and its success drove this new search for future product clues. Maybe Apple really has nailed things down and is using the 4S as a smokescreen for the real star- the iPhone 5.

I mean, the idea that Att stores actually received cases that don't fit anything out there but a new form factor is pretty convincing...

I think the higher-ups at Apple who deal with the iPhone have an understood rule that if they showed you, they would have to kill you.

iansilv

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 2, 2007
Not sure what type of response your really looking for... yes they did?

Im just saying that I don't think we should judge this current iPhone unveil by the standards of the previous three- if we do, then the iPhone 5 sounds like it is probably not going to happen.

But if you consider the idea that Apple might have tightened things up even more, then leaks like the cases become more important because those are a direct result of financial motivation- companies desperately trying to get their hands on information to beat their competition and make cases sooner.

I just read a rumor a few weeks ago where some analyst said something to the effect that there was not going to be an iPhone with a different form factor because his supply source checks did not indicate it... I think that guy is exactly the type of person who would be thrown off by deliberate and new attempts by Apple to hide the new iPhone.

b166er

macrumors 68020
Apr 17, 2010
Philly
It's possible they have plugged most of the leaks, but with a company this big it is extremely rare for something not to have slipped through at this point.

I still think there is a 50/50 shot for a redesigned phone, because Apple has been known to be good at hiding stuff. But I gotta say if they pulled off a redesign without any pictures leaking, my hat tips to them. That is an incredible feet to achieve given the popularity and literal blood-thirst surrounding these products.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.