The iPhone 5S Club

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Dan70, Sep 16, 2014.

1. Dan70 macrumors regular

So, who is staying in the iPhone 5S club?

Just typing that I realise it sounds like S-Club... okay so everyone's moving over to the 6 or 6 Plus now? :p

Anyway, I'm staying as an iPhone 5S club member. For a couple of reasons and was wondering if anyone was thinking the same as me?

• I haven't had my 5s for that long, not quite been a year yet
    • Not keen on the 6/6 Plus design like the corners and design on the back
    • Costs a lot of money for a brand new phone (granted most phones are expensive anyway)
    • Happy on my current contract as is

Anyone else's thoughts?

2. vjicecool macrumors 6502

I will wait until next yr
    i am keeping on my 5S

3. Rlong405 macrumors member

So if you don't like the design then would you be wanting to wait two years until they change the design again?

4. roland.g macrumors 603

roland.g

5. SMIDG3T Suspended

SMIDG3T

I have a 5s and am moving to the 6, I get the new iPhone's every year, I always need the latest tech!

Anyway, with the 6s, it'll probably have sapphire glass, 2GB of RAM and OIS on the 4.7-inch so it'll be a great upgrade!

6. unagimiyagi macrumors 6502a

I never cared for a 4.7" screen as I maintain that it'll be too big. The moto x is the only phone of that size that is one-handable. Apple's is the largest 4.7" phone out there.

That's the iphone 6's flagship feature. Since I don't care about that, I'll hang onto my 5s and ride it out for as long as I can. Eventually I'll have to convert to a bigger screen I'm sure.

And I'll still look at the iphone 6 in person. Aftewards who knows, I may completely reverse course but I'm not planning on it because of the size.

7. eoblaed macrumors 68000

eoblaed

My amazing 5S is enjoying its last few days as my daily driver. Friday morning, it will enter retirement. ;)

8. TJ82 macrumors 6502a

TJ82

6 hype will die down soon and you won't give a toss about not having it ;)

I'm using an original iPhone right now :)

9. terzinator macrumors 6502

For me, I'll be keeping the 5S. I like the design of the 6, no question, but I don't think I'd want a phone any bigger than the 5S.

It'll be interesting to see if a year from now, the there will be a phone that looks like a 6, but in the size of a 5.

the iPhone 6-minus?

10. westcoastin macrumors member

I am actually looking to join your 5s club. I currently have a 4s that has served me well, but I would like to upgrade to the 5s to take advantage of newer technology including LTE, Touch ID, improved camera, and slightly larger screen. The market for the 5s should be saturated once people start receiving their new iPhones. Specifically looking to buy a Verizon 5s 32gb in gold if any of you guys are looking to sell.

11. randy98mtu macrumors 65816

randy98mtu

I've been fighting the urge for 2 years to buy a larger screen. I'm not waiting another year.

12. darkflounder macrumors regular

darkflounder

Who's the leader of the club that's made for you and me?

Contractual obligations and a low bank balance!

13. Damolee macrumors 6502

I got a 5S today.

If the 6 would have had Sapphire glass, i'd have jumped on it. Almost perfect scratch proofing at last.

The "S" cycle is always the better one in the sense they seem to last longer. Not quite sure why that is. People still happily using the 4S.

14. LostSoul80 macrumors 68020

LostSoul80

I will wait to see it in person before judging, but my feeling about the design is that I don't like it. The phone looks too curvy, the protunding camera is not of my liking, the back doesn't look nearly as polished as a 5S', and the physical size of the device is too big to fit comfortably in my pockets.
    I like one handed use. I also like having my phone not take much space in my pocket, and since I have a good sight, I don't need nor want a size bigger than a 4 incher, to which I'm accustomed. :)

15. iFalcon macrumors regular

I moved from an Android and decided to pick up a 5S this week on Craigslist.

Found a 32gig 5s in flaweless condition with a glass screen protector, slim armor S, and a battery case for 280. Couldn't pass it it.

16. Dan70 thread starter macrumors regular

To answer a couple of questions...

• This club does have a treehouse
    • The leader of said club is Siri

I'm not too fond of the 6/6 Plus design no and I'll probably just stick with my 5S until it breaks on me. I don't hate it but I just think the 6's designs seem to be a bit too rounded and 'Android-y' whereas in the past iPhones from the 4 to 5 seem to have had an square-ish design in my opinion.

I don't know... that's just me. I don't think they're a bad phone at all I just think my trusty 5S will serve me very well.

17. Anthony.L macrumors member

18. Woochifer macrumors 6502a

I'll be sitting this upgrade round out. My 5s still feels new to me, even though I activated it almost a year ago.

It was easy to buy the 5s sight unseen, because it was basically the 5 with a spec bump and some other improvements. I read the early reviews and opted to go with the 5s over the 5c when they went on sale.

With the iPhone 6, it's not as much of a no-brainer, since some people (like me) like the 5/5s' size. Since the 5s still has quite a bit of life left in it, I'm not exactly anxious to jump on board with the 6 until I can actually try it out. And even then, I'll probably still wait for the "6s" to come out before actually making the upgrade.

19. drogba macrumors member

Anyone still hanging around in the 4S club? It's a little like the illuminati in that we've been around for a long time and we're a bit forgotten about. Frankly, we're happy back here looking on from a distance, perfectly content while yall shell out money for the next big thing. We'll gladly eat up the scraps of your 5S's that you leave behind.

20. ToroidalZeus macrumors 68020

ToroidalZeus

Had my 5S since launch, been long enough, love paying subsidized prices, will upgrade.

21. anarche macrumors member

anarche

I'm staying on the 5S for now until I see if the 6 has amazing features that I can't live without and I get sufficiently jealous.

I'd rather wait for the 6S a year from now.

22. Bag302 macrumors regular

I also upgrade every year

My 5s was a GREAT phone. Best iphone to date for sure.

Elegant design. Thin. Light weight. High performance.

I'll be sad to see it go, but the larger screen of the 6 beckons.

23. AAPLinc macrumors 65816

I was going to keep my 5S, usually upgrade every 2 years. Had the 4S then 5S. But I said whatever, sold my 5S on swappa for 450$ (before fees) and will be ordering the 6 once I get some money in. Am back to an old black iPhone 4 for now! :cool:

As other's said, the 5S was a great phone, nothing wrong with it, blazing fast, excellent design. But I think I'm ready for a bigger screen.

24. BigCanoe macrumors 6502

I am thinking of buying a used 5s and getting the 6s+ next year.

25. powerbook911 macrumors 68040

powerbook911

I love my 5S too. Truly, there is no good reason to stop using it.

Still, I will give it to close family member and if it survives (knock on wood), they will give it back to me in a year and I will use it as an iPod. They will then get the 6.