Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BeeGood

macrumors 68000
Sep 15, 2013
Lot 23E. Somewhere in Georgia.
I went from a iPhone 6 to the 6S Plus. Huge weight difference :(

I ordered both and immediately decided to stick with the plus because of the weight.

Both phones feel heavier than last years models. The only reason I would have chosen the 6S is for better one handed use, but honestly, it doesn't feel as comfortable using one handed as the 6. So I'm sticking with the Plus.

Just a different perspective.

shadesofearl

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2015
San Diego

I actually prefer heavier phones, easier to hold on to and less likely to drop. HATED the iPhone 6 Plus because of how light and flimsy it felt, and put on a case on my iPhone 6 for extra bulk.

Maven1975

macrumors 6502a
Aug 24, 2008
I ordered both and immediately decided to stick with the plus because of the weight.

Both phones feel heavier than last years models. The only reason I would have chosen the 6S is for better one handed use, but honestly, it doesn't feel as comfortable using one handed as the 6. So I'm sticking with the Plus.

Just a different perspective.

Wait a second..

Why does the 6s not feel the same as the 6 one handed?

That's a real question, not trolling.

Last edited:

shadesofearl

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2015
San Diego
I have pretty large hands and went from the 6 to the 6s+, knowing very well it would be a larger heavier phone. But this may be bigger and heavier than I'm in for...

I'm always amazed by those petite Chinese girls using iPhone 6+ ..... I'm a big guy with big hands but felt too big for me and easy to drop !

Zwhaler

macrumors 604
Jun 10, 2006
Went from 6 Plus to 6s Plus, the weight gain wasn't that obvious for me, maybe it's because I have a ZAGG glass protector on my 6 Plus.
Lol, I thought you were going to say maybe it's because I have [insert huge muscle comment here] :p

ckeck

macrumors 6502a
Jul 29, 2005
Texas
I waffled between the 6 and 6 Plus last year, and eventually went with the 6 because the Plus was "just too big and heavy". This time around, I decided to go with the Plus - because I really wanted the landscape option and the optical stabilization. After a few hours with it, every time I pick up the 6, it feels like such a toy... No joke. I'm adapting to the Plus more quickly than I believed possible - and I have small hands.

Wait until you pick up someones 5 or 4...

bpeeps

Suspended
May 6, 2011
But I thought you all wanted bigger phones with bigger batteries! Apple is making them too thin and light!

Reactions: Patriks7

Benched08

macrumors regular
Oct 24, 2014
Yeah I'm not noticing the weight difference at all. Even with my 6+ in the opposite hand, I really have to think about it to feel the difference.

SlipperySlop

Suspended
Sep 14, 2015
I love the increased weight. Seems much more solid and less likely to slip out of my hands. In this case, more is better. You can return your phone if you don't like the increased weight.

BeeGood

macrumors 68000
Sep 15, 2013
Lot 23E. Somewhere in Georgia.
Wait a second..

Why does the 6s not feel the same as the 6s one handed?

That's a real question, not trolling.

The 6s felt a little more top heavy to me than the 6 did last year. When I hold it in landscape mode, I feel like I have to have a good grip or it will tumble out of my hand.

Granted, I only had the 6 for a few months last year before getting the 6+, but I remember the 6 being really light, like a piece of sturdy plastic.

Sean76

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2013
NYC
It's deff noticeably heavier, and thats just one thing to consider when making a choice to go to such a large phone. The Note series phones were always very light. I think Apple played the lazy route this year. The 7 Plus will most likely be much lighter with a smaller footprint and mainly the same 5.5 inch screen size.

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
If you don't notice the weight difference that is crazy to me. 15 grams is a lot when you are talking about a device that weighs 129g

Reactions: Maven1975

Suspended
Jul 11, 2006
Somewhere
But I thought you all wanted bigger phones with bigger batteries! Apple is making them too thin and light!
Some people do and some people don't, personally from the sound of it if I was to upgrade to the 6S+ then it might be enough added weight that I would be able to go back to not using a case like I used to do with every iPhone that I had before.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.