the Iphone looked great until it was released and..

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by brooklyn360, Jun 24, 2010.

1. brooklyn360 macrumors member

so many bad articles out there, yellow spots, antenna problems, no white iphone, and now it weak glass back?

http://bit.ly/deWY0T This article was just posted on giz..

don't know what to think... i wish a month was between today and saturday, the day i will get my new iphone, so that i can have a clear idea on what to expect. :confused:

2. Ronnoco macrumors 68030

Ronnoco

No problems here...My iPhone 4 is gorgeous...it is just perfect! Couldn't be happier... :D

3. vmagg88 macrumors member

vmagg88

Same here!!

4. Nikos macrumors 68000

Nikos

Same here.

5. SonoViva macrumors 6502

SonoViva

Giz has their own reasons for publicizing the iPhone 4's faults. Best friend got his phone today, reception's good, screen looks fantastic... He's very happy. I would have gotten one, had they had white!

6. dmx macrumors 6502

What a coincidence... Gizmodo just happens to "accidentally" break the glass on an iPhone 4 on launch day.

7. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Yeah, a friend of mine called me to ask about my iPhone 4 and if I was experiencing any of the above stated problems, but all I could say was that I was having the time of my life. After going through the first iPhone; the second 3G and the third 3GS, the iPhone 4 is definitely my favorite. No problems with mine...:cool:

8. brooklyn360 thread starter macrumors member

no doubt, the iphone looks and performs great... but all these other reports are real... it's not just gizmodo, there are other articles with the same problems, other users complaining of these problems.. mostly hardware related.
    For these reports/articles/youtube videos to have come out so early, it means they come from apple fans and those who pre-order really early... So they are not anti-apple complaints..

I have already seen it in person, and the iphone is a beauty. I like the front more than the back or any of the sides. the sound is so much better too..

9. CrAkD macrumors 68040

CrAkD

dont let the internet sway you. alot of nitpickers. After buying one today for the girlfriend the thing is amazing zero issues. I studied tvs for like 5 months before buying one. the internet had me going crazy with defects and issues etc. once i finally jumped and bought one it was fantastc. people on the internet made huge deals out of little things. dont let it stop you from enjoying this amazing phone.

10. n8236 macrumors 65816

I think some of these cases are legit, but as with any newly introduced Apple product, ppl criticize it to death...ppl even look for reasons for it to be flawed. There's gonna be 600,000 iphones in a matter of weeks......do the amount of delivered iphones even have legit claims???? i think it's too premature to conclude......but we like concluding ehehehe

11. Travisimo macrumors 6502a

Despite the torrent of complains from the forums and tech blogs, you have to realize that the vast majority of new iPhone 4 owners have no idea or experience with the problems that have surfaced. If I had not been reading these forums, I would not have known about any of them since my iPhone has no yellow spots nor would I have noticed any problem with reception since I don't hold the phone like that and use a case.

I'm not saying the problems don't exist. I'm not even saying Apple shouldn't be addressing them. Nevertheless, there are THOUSANDS of new iPhone 4 owners out there having fun and enjoying their new phones without issue.

It's no excuse, but in our fast-moving tech society, products come and go and there are always issues with popular devices. Despite Steve Jobs' initial response, if these issues become big enough, Apple will address them properly.

12. AndrewR23 macrumors 68040

my iphone 4 home button is wiggley, is anyone elses like this?

13. hexonxonx macrumors 601

No problems here. I took my phone with me to work and used it to make some calls making sure that I held it the way Steve says to not hold it and my calls never dropped.

Screen is perfect and about the only thing I miss now is my 3G Unrestricter. Tried buying iMovie while at work only to be told that I needed WiFi. I haven't seen that warning in over a year.

14. Evo-L macrumors member

The problem is Apple makes such great stuff. When someone finds something they think it "wrong" with it, its big news. OMG Apple messed something up??!!?!

If someone made a video of a Droid or some Motorola POS losing signal no one would give a *****. People go into buying those things knowing they will suck and have problems so no one even bothers to listen or care.

15. yodaxl7 macrumors 6502a

Same here!! Awesome battery too!! What;'s do u think!! Apple selling millions in a hurry and the glue has not vaporizes yet. The heat on the glue is on the brand spanking new ones are showing a small yellow effect. It will go away in a couple days. Get a strong case for those who have slippery hands or big hands. This way, you want drop the phone or drop calls!@!

Apple gets both media on them easily!! So, people calm down and use the phone for a week. then scream!! or be happy!!

16. AndrewR23 macrumors 68040

What do you think I should do about my wiggley home button?

17. hexonxonx macrumors 601

Don't wiggle it.

18. AndrewR23 macrumors 68040

lol i know but once you touch it, it wiggles, would you replace it? doesnt affect anything.

19. hexonxonx macrumors 601

Glad you laughed at that because thats what I was hoping for.

If the button bothers you, bring it back. I would.

20. AndrewR23 macrumors 68040

Ya only prob is replacements are probably not going to be for a while I think...and i risk getting a worse one lol with the screen issues and stuff...hmm

21. matrix07 macrumors 68040

matrix07

Of all the things you mentioned the antenna problem seems to be the only one serious. Yellow spots? it should go away itself. No white phone? There'll be one eventually. Weak glass back? I bet if Giz drop Droid X the same way it'd break the whole damn phone.

22. Blaenk macrumors member

mine is also wiggly a little bit. I'm definitely gonna get a replacement now. Does anyone know how that works? Can I just walk in to the apple store and show them the problems it has (dropped bars, wiggly home button) and see if they can give me a replacement? or do I have to call first? Also, how much time do I have, only 14 days?

23. AndrewR23 macrumors 68040

No you have a year. You make an appt at your apple store for genius bar and walk in, show problems. Only problems now are replacements wont be around for awhile, and the minor problems you have now could get bigger if you get a replacement that has yellow blobs or stuff..

24. Blaenk macrumors member

Alright then, thanks. I guess I was confused, I think the 14 days is for a return/refund.