The iPhone Nano Mock-up/Concept thread

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by The Macster, Jul 23, 2007.

1. The Macster macrumors regular

iPhone Nano Concept Thread

·Here you are free to create, comment and question about the "rumored" iPhone Nano.

To comment just quote the image/post of the user. For more advanced or private options you can always send a private message to the poster.

Mock-ups just keep getting better throughout the thread.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

This was my first one, not excellent but it got this thread starting.

iPhone-Nano-Project.gif

Thank you, The Macster.

2. techlover828 macrumors 68020

techlover828

I think that they'll make something that looks a little bit more like the current iphone except smaller. Or maybe they won't make one at all.

3. The Macster thread starter macrumors regular

What about all the click wheel dialing patents? All the drawings?Hm?

4. Royale w/cheese macrumors 6502a

I don't really have an opinion on what the *rumored* phone will be. But regarding patents, companies come up with patents all the time that never see the light of production. Its a cover your a** thing. They have/are probably working on alot of different designs at one time.

5. The Macster thread starter macrumors regular

Hmm, true... but designs are possible to reach the market.

6. Royale w/cheese macrumors 6502a

Uhh, most definitly. :D But patents are not a guarantee that something will go into production. That is all that I am saying. I was just responding to the person what about all the click wheel design patents. Yes, they were designed and patented, But that doesn't mean that they will be in production, were/are in production or have never gotten past design. Or that they may have been patented just as a ruse to throw people off. I am just saying they are just patents. They are millions of patents that are just drawings and have never even been correctly prototyped.

7. acarney macrumors 6502

The 2 to 8Gig size seems about right, but maybe just 2 and 8Gig or something to keep production and retail space down at first.

Probably will not do any video to keep costs down, battery life high, and since it has a small screen. (and so people get the full size iPhone)

I think it will have the click wheel and will really be based heavy on making play lists and favorite lists for phone numbers so it's still fast and easy to get to it. It may not even include text messaging or at least have it really light weight and very little focus on it.

Might have a cam but I would guess not.

Pretty much a proper iTunes based cell phone. Though after all the trouble the ROKR or what not and other ones had I'm not sure if this will have as much following as most new Apple products have.

I expect price would begin at $299 and maybe $349 or something.

8. PowerFullMac macrumors 601

PowerFullMac

Rotating click wheel, I think not. The rest mabee.

9. defeated macrumors regular

w/o
    wi-fi
    large screen
    ??

that 100x100 screen with cover flow? play video?

I doubt there will be many people like micro-operations on their phone, it would be a loser in market.

10. The Macster thread starter macrumors regular

Its not 100x100 its an elongated screen (larger than the Nano's) that when tipped horizontally is widescreen. A widescreen that plays small clips of video (i.e. Music Videos), and that does coverflow.

11. The Macster thread starter macrumors regular

Well, here's what I think the dialing screen will look like on this device. What about you?

Attached Files:

12. lofight macrumors 68000

lofight

this is my mockup i made, not so great, but who cares, i like yours.
    [​IMG]

13. The Macster thread starter macrumors regular

thanks!! I like yours too, but maybe i'd have stocks and weather there or less likely the camera...

14. GTiPhone macrumors regular

I think this is pretty much spot on, I'm going to make a sample of what i think the rest of the phone will look like, based off of yours.

15. lofight macrumors 68000

lofight

It's just a mockup design it's not for what is on it i change everything so...

Good idea of the camera; i should better add it...

16. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

Could you imagine dialing numbers like that in the above image with the click wheel?

17. The Macster thread starter macrumors regular

It's not the best I can do, but I just did it in 5 seconds or so. Well, here is what coverflow should be like or the way I think it should look :). It's got an accelerometer and a rotating click wheel (It could also be an OLED click wheel if you like!). I've one green this time:D.

Attached Files:

18. The Macster thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah it would be like old phone's, ya know... but that's cool! why d'ya ask?

19. lofight macrumors 68000

lofight

That's really bad quality...in wich format did you convert that? :p and it's for left handers...

20. lofight macrumors 68000

lofight

21. Icebird macrumors member

yeah, it will certainly look something like that. There's no way there would be a clickwheel to use all functions of the phone. I see it having the same touch screen technology as the iPhone. That's what will peak people's interest. I can see a virtual click wheel, but don't even see the need for that.
    All these clickwheel patents I'm sure are just for the new iPod.

22. lofight macrumors 68000

lofight

i actually think the clickwheel is a very good invention and it can be used for a very simple phone, but the one i made is pure design mockup fun, it doesn't describe anything of what i think must happen with the iphone nano...

23. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

It would be so much harder. Unless the sensitivity was knocked down a lot. I can imagine a emergency and you're scrolling on your phone click wheel to call someone that isn't in your contacts.

;)

24. GTiPhone macrumors regular

Those of you insisting that it the Nano will maintain touch screen capability are missing the entire point of offering a less featured model.

#1 This product will be geared toward the younger market. This is not a MAYBE. They will not release an iPhone nano with adults in mind. Are we aware of how many 13-19 year olds carry a cellphone and an iPod nano? The numbers would stagger you. Which leads into number 2...

#2 This will be 1 device to combine the younger market's cellphones and ipods. The touch screen is not the incentive to buy...this factor is the incentive to buy.

#3 A touch screen would never jive with the 13-19 year old market. They can't handle it. It will be trashed within hours, or days. Apple would either be replacing every lother one they sold, or be pissing off a lot of customers who (or whose children) broke or signifcantly injured their phones within a very short amount of time.

here is a quick mockup i did based on some of the others seen in this thread. Expect full use (and maybe some new implementation) of the clickwheel, along with navigation that looks very much like the iPhone, but feels very much more like the iPod:

(p.s. I changed the SMS icon to blue because i view those as top 2 functions for younger cell phones and 2 green icons looked bleh)

Attached Files:

25. lofight macrumors 68000

lofight

Tomorrow i'm gonna also make a mockup based on yours, but now i really don't have time... till tomorrow.

Lorenzz