The IPhone will still be lacking thread.....

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mediaprodguy, Jun 7, 2010.

1. mediaprodguy macrumors member

For starters:

New text message tones and ringtones: A little tired of hearing the same tones in mixed company.....

Facebook: I'd like to see Facebook updates in line with my contacts just like the Android OS.

What else?

2. CocoaPuffs macrumors 68010

I refuse to respond to a thread lacking proper grammar...

Oh wait, I just did.

3. cmChimera macrumors 68040

cmChimera

Oh no, i have to check my phone because there is a possibility that another iPhone went off with the same text sound. Woe is me.

4. Apple-NoEscape macrumors 6502

I would like having the option of setting whatever I want as a text tone, not sure if I would use it as on every phone i always go with the single 'ding' sound, but it would be nice to have.
    I think every other phone ever mist have that option.

5. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Agreed on the message and ringtones. However, I don't agree on Facebook.

6. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

We should make this a pact. That and bad thread titles.

7. Tones2 macrumors 65816

64GB, a 4+ inch screen, HDMI out, video chat that works under 3G, microSD card support (or at least a bump to 64GB to offset that), USB support, non-proprietary video copy-protection (to make up for the lack of movie CONTENT in iTunes), 512 MB RAM (assuming it's only 256 MB), LED notifications, 8+ megapixel camera, FLASH support. Just to name a FEW things.

Except for 64GB, many phones have these features already. But we get to wait another year. :rolleyes:

Tony

8. cmChimera macrumors 68040

cmChimera

I'm sorry, but this is pathetic. Can you tell me how many phones have resolution so high that the human eye can't even discern a pixel? This post is what makes me only like this forum BEFORE Apple announces/releases a product. As soon as the product is announced/released, people start to whine and moan about EVERY stupid feature ever. Go get an Android phone. Good luck finding a reasonably priced 64gb microsd card while you're at it.

9. Mr. Chewbacca macrumors 6502a

Mr. Chewbacca

I am going to get the iPhone 4 but I have to admit, not much of a wow factor :( Ya the screen may be better but I wasnt planning on watching TV with reading glasses and the screen 4 inches from my face.

The worst part is at&t. I know I'm beating a dead horse but no one company can handle all of that traffic and its selfish and irresponsible for at&t to try. My neighbor has a 4g evo and it is as fast as wifi on the 4g network, and tethering and navigation are free!

10. Goldfrapp macrumors 601

Goldfrapp

Most importantly, touch-capacitive back!!!!! Oh, no!!!!!!! :(

11. Tones2 macrumors 65816

Nice. Pick out ONE FEATURE that is slightly better than the competition (and BTW - I'd MUCH rather have a slightly lower resolution 4.3" screen than pixel density so high that I can't perceive it) and IGNORE all of the missing features I list. Just like a typical fanboy. :rolleyes:

And no I can't fing a 64GB microSD card but I CAN find two 32GB ones. ;)

Tony

12. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Same here.
    Text tones would be great, I dont want to see facebook updates or notifications thru my contacts.
    I can open the app whenever I need to do that instead.

13. Danielcg macrumors newbie

The iPod Touch

Well, the ipod touch is missing: Camera+Flash, Some sort of memory expansion, Wi-Fi+Bluetooth Syncing with iTunes, Multitasking done right(because the backgrounder.app is still better than the apple version), "N" Wifi, Coming with a screen cleaning cloth (COME ON APPLE!! Y'd U STOP GIVING US IT WITH THE IPOD????????), some sort of adapter dock-miniusb so i dont have to buy another dock connecter when i lost it and i have like 4 miniusb cables i dont use!, BEING OPEN SOURCE!, Coming with Cydia :D.:):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

14. ndriver182 macrumors 6502a

I still don't understand why people get so worked up about megapixels. Hasn't this issue been covered for years? It's not always about bigger being better. What about the lens, sensors, etc. How many people out there are using their phones for hi-res photography anyway? Seriously?

I'd hold off on the "imperceptible" difference in quality due to the extra PPI until you see it. Contrary to your point, there have been quite a few reports so far saying how it looks great. Bigger screen size also means a bigger phone. To each their own.

HDMI out on a phone? Again, to each their own. However, I can think of...hmm... ZERO times I've ever had the ambition to hook up my cell phone to a TV or other source with HDMI in just to output something that's on my phone. I'd much rather fill my phone with music and apps than have gigs of a handful of high quality videos on that I *MIGHT* randomly output on some TV at some point with HDMI.

Okay, so you can get to 64gb with 2x micro SD cards. Right, so now you have to remember what's on which card and to keep the right one(s) with you when you need them. Maybe for you. I'd rather not deal with it.

LED notifications. Big deal. I've never once in the last three years of owning an iPhone... "Gee whiz, I wish I had a little flashing light to tell me when I have some sort of message."

Flash. Again this is debatable. Between my iPad and iPhone I rarely come across a site that flash is required for the main content or that there's some must-see video content that I can't get to via another method like the Youtube app. Maybe I'm just not going to the right sites.

We'll just have to see about video chat over the ATT network. SJ did mention working with carriers and the fact that they're trying to make Face Talk an open standard. This could void your point. Then again, you could be right. Time will tell.

15. Gathomblipoob macrumors 601

Gathomblipoob

And you have to love the numbers game: Ooh! An 8 megapixel camera! That's much better than a 5 because it's a higher number! Forget the quality of the optics and sensor completely. And I didn't know that a lot of phones had HDMI out. Wow...

16. macduke Suspended

macduke

Only 8 megapixels? Why not 18 like me? Heh. Sorry I just got it the other day so I'm still giddy.

Seriously, have you seen the comparison between the DROID and the iPhone 3gs? 5mp vs 3mp? DROID sucks. I'd take a larger sensor over more megapixels any day. As it is I kinda want a full frame 5d mk ii, lol. But I'm happy for now with the 7d and its relatively smaller sensor.

Oh, and I agree with the 512mb of RAM. I probably wouldn't be upgrading if AT&T hadn't lowered the price. This is a nice upgrade for half the cost of the first iPhone. Even the whole cost. Maybe I'll buy two and glue them together. So thin!

17. Florida Gator macrumors regular

Still lacks 512MB of RAM. A deal-breaker for me.

18. einmusiker macrumors 68030

einmusiker

yes. I agree that the iPhone lacks thread. When will they fix this? software update or hardware issue?

19. Justinf79 macrumors 6502

Justinf79

Umm, HDMI is useless when you can just stream wirelessly to most devices. Video chat over 3G will come soon from Skype(if at&t allows it, and apple is working on this with them). The iPhone does support USB. (Good god you haven't noticed this?) All online stores have some kind of DRM. 512MB of RAM is useless if the OS handles 256MB well enough. Megapixels mean nothing, it's the sensor/lens quality that does.