The iPod Touch jack is Absoulute CRAP!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by mooseboy101, Jun 1, 2010.

1. mooseboy101 macrumors newbie

So about 3 weeks ago I bought some skull candy earphones, now all of a sudden when I shake the iPod of jiggle the end of the earphones the music starts playing weird like its lowered and skipping. This has also happened with some iFrogs earphones along with the ones that came with the device. I mostly use my iPod touch on the trampoline (no tricks eg: flipping, spinning or even high jumping) and i'm afraid that thats the cause of it for some reason. And I hope thats not it because I spend about three hours on the trampoline a day. But the music plays fine when its still. Can anybody help PLEASE!? I also cant take it in because its jailbroken.

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Don't be so dramatic. Restore it and take it into Apple.

3. Moocher macrumors regular

I suggest a shuffle for the trampoline. Also, you might look into earphones with a right angle plug so that it doesn't stick out as much. Used or refurb shuffles are cheap. I wouldn't risk my Touch on a trampoline.

Mooch

4. mooseboy101 thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks but i have videos on there to, weel see.

5. Mr Kram macrumors 68000

Mr Kram

6. liamkp macrumors 68020

liamkp

Why would you watch a video on the Trampoline? Just get a nano or something.:D

7. Gryzor macrumors 6502a

You jump around on a trampoline with an iPod Touch and headphones attached, and you wonder why you have bust the input jack??? :rolleyes:

8. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

Why are u on a trampoline in the first place?

9. OGDaniel macrumors 6502a

OGDaniel

You should buy a new trampoline. You probably have the wrong model, they have special trampolines built so that when you jump any headphones connected to a device don't get dislodged from the headphone jack.

Really great trampolines, definitely worth it, you should look into getting one.

10. liamkp macrumors 68020

liamkp

Seiously? Idk know if your being serious or not, :confused:, cause you sound pretty serious but the whole idea sounds ridiculous. Why dont you just get speakers for it or something?

11. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

Maybe its because you jailbroke it. My friend jailbroke his iPhone and complained about poor battery life.

12. liamkp macrumors 68020

liamkp

I dont think that poor battery life has to do with a loose ipod touch headphone jack.

13. xlii macrumors 68000

xlii

You don't by any chance have 'shake to shuffle turned on'? When you are still you say it plays fine. Try to isolate if it is the male headphone jack on the headphones that are the problem or if it is the jack on the iPod Touch. If it turns out to be the iPod Touch... take it back to Apple and see what they say, you may have a defective unit. You should be able to jump up and down, run on pavement, etc without the iPod Touch being negatively impacted. You really watch movies while jumping on a trampoline for 3 hours a day.... I'd be so dizzy.

14. JonBorichef macrumors regular

JonBorichef

People don't be mean :mad:

It might be the "shake to shuffle" option. Or maybe its a broken jack.

15. liamkp macrumors 68020

liamkp

Who are you referring to? :eek:

16. JonBorichef macrumors regular

JonBorichef

Well, everybody is screaming why would you listen/watch to an iPod on a trampoline... :)

17. Shotgun OS macrumors 6502a

My jack is messed up, too; it just broke one day. I just twist the headphones in the jack a bit until it doesn't sound screwed up. As for the issue with the trampoline, I have no idea. Buy a shuffle?

18. CalebF macrumors regular

CalebF

You should buy the type of trampoline that doesn't move. :)

19. etaylor3971 macrumors member

Lint in the jack

I had a similar problem (but without the trampoline).

Lint tends to accumulate in the jack - you generally cannot blow it out, but it can be removed with the sharp end of a safety pin, small uncurled paper clip, or other similar slim point thing.

You'd be surprised how much builds up in there.

20. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

21. liamkp macrumors 68020

liamkp

Same thing happened with my zune; it broke, but it had alot of other problems too.

22. mooseboy101 thread starter macrumors newbie

ok, the reason why i have videos on the trampoline is because i like to listen to the music within the video, not watch the actual video. And im on the trampoline for exercise because i dont have any other equipment.

23. liamkp macrumors 68020

liamkp

Ok, why dont you just buy a shuffle or something else, i would never jump on a trampoline with my iTouch.

24. mooseboy101 thread starter macrumors newbie

when i can afford it probably.