The Killing (AMC): Spoilers

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Huntn, Jun 2, 2013.

1. Huntn Suspended

Huntn

I could swear there was a "The Killing" thread here, but could not locate it. Mods, if you find it, feel free to combine.

The two hour premier was tonight. I chose to watch Game of Thrones and was suitably shocked by GoH, deciding to watch The Killing tomorrow. Fingers crossed it lives up to it's past.

PS, this particular crime is supposed to be wrapped up in one season, not two. :)

2. famous600 macrumors 6502a

famous600

Personally I thought the first crime, two seasons or not was excellent. Granted it felt long I really feel the two seasons REALLY dragged you into the characters lives. I thought at the end when the family watched the video Rosie made before she died was an excellent way to wrap it up and actually brought tears to my eyes! Excellent show and the two hour premier of this season was excellent!

3. Huntn thread starter Suspended

Huntn

Watched the 2 hr premier- great start! Serial killer action. :D

4. Huntn thread starter Suspended

Huntn

Shotgunned the last two episodes of The Killing. More emotion than I'm accustomed to, even worse than Game of Thrones, Red Wedding, mostly because it's in a realistic setting.

Next week is the season finale...

5. mscriv macrumors 601

mscriv

I haven't yet watched the most recent episode, but I think this season has been really good. I really like how they have developed Holder this season. I think it has been neat having things switched up this season to where we do not not know if the victim is alive or dead. I have my suspicion as to what the outcome will be, but hey, I could be totally wrong. I do hope they will continue the series for a fourth season.

6. Huntn, Aug 9, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2013

Huntn thread starter Suspended

Huntn

Spoiler if you've not seen the Season 3 finale episode!!!​

Delayed report: When you see Linden really smile for the first time in 3 years, you have to suspect what's coming. Well I didn't know exactly, but I did suspect and it was suitably awful for the character. The 3rd season ended with a bang, but it always seems to be a let down after you find out who did it, and you are expecting significant threat, something more, than what you get and then it ends abruptly. This is the case for me, however this season elicited enough emotion that I'll watch next year.

For future seasons reference, without doubt, when the story points at a likely culprit, it's not them. I ID'd the bad guy before my wife did. Victory! Always look for the least likely candidate and you'll be rewarded, except for the day when it's Holder or Linden. ;)

7. mscriv macrumors 601

mscriv

Yep, pretty crazy ending. My wife and I had narrowed it down to two suspects, one of whom was correct. The key question now is where do they go from here and how do they save Linden's character? :confused:

8. Huntn thread starter Suspended

Huntn

Into The Killing, Season4 (Netflix exclusive ) first two episodes. Linden and Holder have started a new case and simultaneously are on thin ice for Season 3s final episode. This is excellent! It reminds me of why I'm irritated by mediocre TV series of which I complain of often! :D

9. mscriv macrumors 601

mscriv

Yep, season 4 was very interesting. I'm still not sure what I think about the ending, but I won't say anything as you are not there yet. :)

10. Huntn thread starter Suspended

Huntn

Finished it! Thought it was excellent and regarding politics, I bought it. Happy I caught this series. :)

11. Kevin.Richards macrumors member

Kevin.Richards

I haven't watched this series. How is it? Is it similar to True Detective? It says a police investigation :confused:

12. mscriv macrumors 601

mscriv

Great show. Well worth watching in my opinion.

13. Kevin.Richards macrumors member

Kevin.Richards

Hmm. Let me see if it's available on Netflix. Thanks! :)