The last time!

Discussion in 'iMac' started by MagicThief83, Sep 16, 2012.

1. MagicThief83 macrumors 6502

I swear I've had it to my wit's end with all this waiting for the supposed 2012 iMac. I've waited this long and will see what October brings. However, never again will I torment myself like this. If I ever need a machine in the future, I will just purchase whatever suits my needs and is available at the time. This waiting is ridiculous. I've been waiting since February for the 2012 iMac. All this suffering is pointless, as well as my ranting. On a positive note, all the iMacs on Amazon are out of stock and have an availability of 1-2 months, so it appears that something is indeed on the horizon. Yet, Apple's website and in store inventory all list in-stock availability across the iMac range...weird??? To be honest, I should've just purchased a rMBP back in June.

2. Zedsdead185 macrumors 6502

Feel better now?

unfortunately, this only proves further more how apple are focusing more on products that are not macs anymore...

3. Dillus macrumors member

Keep in mind that Amazon's stock situation is no definitive indicator of the iMac's future. They don't have access to more information than any of us, they are just keeping the stock low to reduce the risk of sitting on a pile of outdated iMacs, should the new one arrive... some day. In the distant future.

4. fa8362 macrumors 65816

Of course they have more information. Like any other retailer, they have to preorder them for sale on the date of release.

5. ds82 macrumors member

No they don't. Believe me, really - they don't (at least not when if it comes to apple products).
    And I give nothing on amazon stock levels anymore ... they are fluctuating for the last 2-3 months.

6. MagicThief83 thread starter macrumors 6502

No, not really :(

7. fa8362 macrumors 65816

Why would I believe you when I know for a fact that retailers know about new SKUs before consumers do?

8. robster2644 macrumors newbie

Mate, I fell for you, I did the same, however I decided to go ahead and buy one and if Apple does bring out a new Imac this side of 2013 i will sell what I've got and buy a new if its worth it. however I don't think it will be.

9. Zedsdead185 macrumors 6502

Trust me, they don't... Just because they are a seller, they don't necessarily get inside or upcoming information. I have worked in retail where we have sold apple goods, and you are treated as an outsider from apple. You can tell by from the limited information that they give to you about upcoming releases and the way they deal with you that they don't trust anybody but themselves.
    They are probably expecting them soon themselves and that is why they have no stock left. All they are following is trends, just like you and everyone else waiting for the new updated iMac...

10. Huginnmuninn macrumors regular

Huginnmuninn

How about following your own advice now ?

11. fa8362 macrumors 65816

Sorry, but I can't trust you when I know you're wrong. "Limited info" is more info than "no info."

12. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

February was too early. April was the earliest possible date. The new ones are just around the corner. Next possible date will be mid-2013 so you will have the latest tech for at least 9 months. Its a shame Apple delayed the release of what should have been a simple upgrade in mid-year. maybe they were planning on adding something that proved to be more difficult to mass produce than anticipated (Retina display?). If that is the case, I would have preferred to see them do a spec bump in mid year and then add the new tech as an option when it was ready. Oh well. Macs have clearly slipped down the priority pole at Apple. Even the OS no longer bears its name.

13. SpyderBite macrumors 65816

SpyderBite

Apple retail employees don't have a clue until it is officially announced. Why would Apple corporate disclose information to a 3rd party reseller such as Best Buy or Amazon when their employees aren't bound to an Apple NDA?

You are grasping for straws in your desperation.

14. Zedsdead185 macrumors 6502

Suit yourself... But I know what they were like with the company that I worked for.

I know what its like working with them as sellers of their products. We once made a new display and stand with the ipod range hooked up to it with custom cut perspex and all sorts. Then the next week they released new models, rendering our display useless.

I also get the impression that you don't believe me because you don't want to believe me and would rather believe that amazon have low stock because they know something.

I really want to be wrong as well, I really want one of these fabled new iMacs, but going from experience, its more likely mispredicted forecasting on their part.

15. edry.hilario macrumors 6502a

i feel your pain bro, i feel the same way so tired of this apple leaving this for last 500 + and apple doesnt seem to give a flying f, at least let the costumers know whats going on. The other sad thing is that none of the rumor sites also dont care which is sad they rather report on the same thing over and over again like when they reported that "apple will start pre orders on friday the 14th" isnt that what apple said on the event do we really need a new report its really sickening how annoying this is, every rumor site has a huge bonner over the iphone and they need to chill it with it, bring us news we about stuff we dont know like the imacs please the iphone 5 already came out so can we please move on now.

16. Dark Void macrumors 68030

Dark Void

It's not pointless, if you wait you will end up with the 2012 iMac ...

17. iMcLovin macrumors 68000

iMcLovin

This waiting time has really made me tired as well, I´m so fed up! I´m never gonna wait for another iMac update again, Im gonne be buying a new imac one generation earlier than when I actually need, so I don´t sit and wait on the fence for another update again. I can´t wait to become un-active on this forum again because all my hardware is up to date.

18. fastlanephil macrumors 6502a

fastlanephil

It was apparent by the response from Apple CEO Tim Cook to the question about the absence of new Mac Pros at Apple's 2012 WWDC that it was not business as usual as far as Apple desktop computers were concerned. His response was to tout the new MacBook Pros as a good solution.

Then an Apple spokes person apparently told David Pogue of the NYT that Apple was working on something new for the Mac Pro and iMac for 2013 .

This was then officially recanted by Apple and later Tim Cook emailed back a concerned pro user that Apple was working on something really great for the pro users to be released in 2013.

If you think about these statements one may conjecture that Apple at some point did commit to abandoning the current Apple desktop product line and redirecting all former desktop R&D resources to that something.

Apple Inc. is now IOS centric and it's computer business is being restructured to augment IOS products as much as possible.

19. segovius macrumors regular

segovius

Really though, what could be really great that a) we don't already know about and b) have not been desperately wanting for too long to think about?

It's a bit of an insult for him to say this to Pro users....maybe those into their iToys can get 'Insanely Great stuff' - we just need up to date tech to work with.

20. whitel4 macrumors member

whitel4

They know nothing more than we do. Trust me. Look at when the rMBP was released. Only Apple could sell for the first 2 months. Then they made it available to retailers.

21. MagicThief83 thread starter macrumors 6502

..l.. at Apple!

This is all b-u-l-l S-h-e-e-t!!! :D

I've established the middle of October as my deadline, after that, it's rMBP! I don't really need a laptop but it will suit me just fine for what I'd like to do. Apple better revolutionize the iMac. It will be extremely disappointing if all this wait was just for a mere spec bump.

22. kyrrebs macrumors member

If it was "just a mere spec bump", it would have happened before summer.

23. Cheese&Apple macrumors 68000

Cheese&Apple

I disagree and think it's possible that it isn't a matter of not caring...it may be a matter of going over this issue time and time again...is not accomplishing anything. However, if all you want to do is let off some steam then that's OK...just don't blame others for a lack of information that doesn't exist outside Apple. IMHO

24. davidgnomo macrumors 6502a

davidgnomo

If it's "just a mere spec bump" I'll wait for Haswell !!! And I strongly recommend everyone that has the possibility to wait to do the same : we gotta launch a message to Apple, they can't **** us this way ...

25. iSayuSay macrumors 68030

iSayuSay

If it was "just a mere spec bump", MacPro would've gotten much more back in 2012 WWDC.
    So .. It is possible for iMac to get that mere spec bump after this long.