Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ritmomundo

macrumors 68020
Jan 12, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
I hope someone's able to activate Siri on the iPhone 4. Its a cool feature for sure. But even then, I'm not sure how much use I'll have for it. I have Dragon Go installed already for "texting on the go," but I rarely ever use it (I've also tried Vlingo, but I feel Dragon Go is more accurate. BTW, I believe they are both free on the app store right now if anyone's interested). I've never used the built-in voice-control either.

It'll be a nice add-on to have Siri, but if its impossible to get, I won't sweat it.

sneaky butcher

macrumors 6502
Nov 8, 2011
siri would run fine on any iphone. voice to text works on low end android phones the computing power is on the server. All Siri does is record your voice and send it to the server.

Apple are just shady, obviously desperate for a feature to sell the 4s so they made it exclusive on that device. Or their servers couldnt handle the demand if it was on all ios devices

Last edited:

labman

macrumors 604
Jun 9, 2009
Mich near Detroit
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A406 Safari/7534.48.3)

sneaky butcher said:
siri would run fine on any iphone. voice to text works on low end android phones the computing power is on the server. All Siri does is record your voice and send it to the server.

Apple are just shady, obviously desperate for a feature to sell the 4s so they made it exclusive on that device. Or their servers couldnt handle the demand if it was on all ios devices

Nice handle Bro!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.