The leTTer T is liTerally always capiTalized

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by spiriTualdancer, Sep 30, 2014.

1. spiriTualdancer macrumors newbie

spiriTualdancer

Hello friends! I have a problem! The leTTer T on my keyboard is always on caps lock!! Unless The word auTocorrecTs. I have absolutely no idea why This happened. I haven'T ever spilled anyTHing on This computer. I was wriTing a paper and bam! Big T!
    I also have a problem where my alT key seems To be permanenTly enabled making it very difficulT To Type anyTHing wiTHouT ߃˙∂˚∆˙ƒ∂∆˚ƒ˙∆˚´˙ƒ˚∆˙∆˚ß˙ƒ∆˚˙ƒ∆˚∂˙∆˙∂©∫˜∑˜ happening. IT's nearly impossible To log inTo my computer when I Turn iT on.

I know noTHing abouT computers excepT for The facT ThaT I payed a lot of money for This one and all it does is break my hearT. If There's anyTHing I can do because I have loads of assignmenTs and everyTHing I wriTe looks sTupid. I also can'T really afford To bring This To The genius bar and have iT whisked away and reTurned a week laTer wiTH a $500 charge for replacing half The machine which happened about a year ago.
    Sorry for my english!

I have an 11 inch 2011 Macbook Air
    1.6 GHz Intel Core i5
    OS X 10.9.5 (13F34)

2. joshlalonde macrumors 6502

joshlalonde

Take it the Genius bar, and see what they say. Could be a software setting.
    It's worth a shot. Just don't have them do any 'repairs' on it, because like I said, it's probably software-side. They'll probably tell you how to fix it too (for free).

But see if these work first:
    Go to System Preferences > Keyboard
    Then see if any settings are amiss. Try going to input tab, and then removing, and re-adding in your keyboard layout of choice.

Get out of that, and then go back to Preferences, then go to language.
    Remove and add english (or whatever language) again.

Hope that helps. But if not, go to Apple anyways and see what they can do.

3. FuNGi macrumors 65816

FuNGi

Or you could try remapping your T key to always display "t"...
    http://lifehacker.com/5882684/the-best-keyboard-remapper-for-mac-os-x

4. jakeenzo macrumors newbie

Sorry but I'm calling this as BS and a troll thread. If every 't' you type is capitalized, then why is the 't' in 'computer' in lowercase? Next.

5. jimmirehman macrumors 6502

compuTer or computer?

hmmm

----------

damn... i need to learn to look at the comments before posting

6. whooleytoo macrumors 603

whooleytoo

And why is the "H" often capitalised after a T, but not always?

7. AppleMacFinder macrumors 6502a

AppleMacFinder

Actually, he told that:

Probably his "compuTer" word auto-corrected into "computer". Also, auto-corrected: "absolutely", "lot"...
    Unless we will have more evidence, we cannot declare this person as a troll

----------

"This", "The", "There" have been autocorrected, while the longer words (e.g. "wiTHouT") have not

8. joshlalonde macrumors 6502

joshlalonde

Though, the H part still stands. It could be legitimate, but it's rather bizarre. In either case, just have him go to the store. If he's a troll, then he probably won't be reading this anyways.

9. gnasher729 macrumors P6

gnasher729

Go to System Preferences / Keyboard / Input Sources and try picking a different keyboard and see what happens. Some keys will not work right if you choose a German keyboard when your computer doesn't have a German keyboard, but check whether the T problem is still there. If the T problem persists then you have some _really_ strange hardware problem. Take it to an Apple Store.

If the T problem goes away but comes back with your normal keyboard settings, some joker with access to your computer might have modified a keyboard file. Again, take it to an Apple Store.

10. Brian Y macrumors 68040

Lol you seem to have mistyped a few of your "errors". Lots of H's are capitalised next to Ts ;)