Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mbh87

macrumors member
Nov 10, 2011
No problems here.
I think I narrowed it down to it being the Graft case. Neither of them will cause it by themselves but when I use the Graft Leverage and the Más back plate I get a horrible sound. I just take the case off before making calls now.

swordfish5736

macrumors 68000
Jun 29, 2007
Cesspool
My mas design back arrived today and is already on my phone. Fit perfectly on my 4S now just waiting for my apex armor aluminum bumper and power support anti-glare screen covers :)

ilc1971

macrumors newbie
Nov 4, 2011
My mas design back arrived today and is already on my phone. Fit perfectly on my 4S now just waiting for my apex armor aluminum bumper and power support anti-glare screen covers :)

You recieved your Mas back fast! Did you pay extra for faster delivery? Any signal problems? i want to order 3 of them but some people are experiencing some
signal loss.

swordfish5736

macrumors 68000
Jun 29, 2007
Cesspool
You recieved your Mas back fast! Did you pay extra for faster delivery? Any signal problems? i want to order 3 of them but some people are experiencing some
signal loss.

I'm leaving for the holidays Friday morning so I spoke with sunny over the weekend and he helped to make sure I got my order before I left.

I use a microcell at home and I saw maybe a 4db decrease with adding the back nothing noticeable I'll report back after I get some more use in

-tWv-

macrumors 68000
May 11, 2009
Ohio
signal loss.

I have noticed that in areas with low reception sometimes the back does cause you to lose signal completely. But that is only in areas where the signal is terrible anyways, like bad enough that I couldn't make a call normally. I haven't noticed that much of a signal drop and have been using mine for around 6 months, I would pull the trigger if you are on the fence, it's a really great addition to the phone.

Outrigger

macrumors 68000
Dec 22, 2008
I think I narrowed it down to it being the Graft case. Neither of them will cause it by themselves but when I use the Graft Leverage and the Más back plate I get a horrible sound. I just take the case off before making calls now.

wait, are you saying every time you want to make a phone call you have to take the case off? that's pretty insane.

dgravo

macrumors member
Jul 6, 2009
How are everyone's backs holding up? I noticed they now how've the sandblasted one on the website and am thinking of ordering one. Is a back screen protector a must? Thanks.

Last edited:

Thron21

macrumors newbie
Jul 5, 2010
My patch back is holding up great. I tried it with a screen protector but find the tactile feel of it to be one of its best features. I use it with my Graft bumper.

IcyStorm

macrumors regular
Oct 24, 2010
For people with scratches (which I'm assuming is everyone that owns one of these backs unless they put a protector on), could you take a quick photo of the scratches? I want to see how bad it might get before I take the plunge.

-y0-

macrumors 6502
Jan 28, 2011
Anyone try the carbon series? Wondering how it holds up and if it kills reception on the 4S.

kidnz

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2008
I have noticed that in areas with low reception sometimes the back does cause you to lose signal completely. But that is only in areas where the signal is terrible anyways, like bad enough that I couldn't make a call normally. I haven't noticed that much of a signal drop and have been using mine for around 6 months, I would pull the trigger if you are on the fence, it's a really great addition to the phone.

I did not get any GSM signal drop but I'm suffering wifi loss when I installed Patch plate on my iPhone 4S. So piss off but nothing I can do, still have it on cuz I cant resist to its beauty :).

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Jul 10, 2008
I want one of these, but I'm just not sure how it would look on a white iPhone. If you have one on a white phone, which one do you have, and are you happy with it?

ElCidRo

macrumors 6502
Aug 29, 2010
more pictures please - so many new designs... :( PLEASE take the time to share some pics!

JMies419

macrumors 6502
Aug 24, 2006
Can anyone comment on how close of a match the smooth titanium back plate matches the silver antenna band? I want something that matches the band on my iPhone.

-y0-

macrumors 6502
Jan 28, 2011
more pictures please - so many new designs... :( PLEASE take the time to share some pics!

Carbon Fiber Series in matte black.

Attachments

• iPhone 4S back.JPG
    iPhone 4S back.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 175

-y0-

macrumors 6502
Jan 28, 2011
yo that's beautiful

Thanks! I thought it was going to kill the reception but luckily it doesn't on the 4S. The rep I dealt with, Sunny, was also very helpful.

Update: I recently damaged the back by using the Phantom case and they decided to send me a replacement for a very reasonable price even though it was not their fault. Great customer service.

Last edited:

cbmstocks

macrumors member
Jan 26, 2012
i would love to see more pics of these backs. i can't justify buying one though. all my cases cover the back.

but i would love to have a black sandblasted one.. you think they do custom orders?

in the month i've been on macrumors, i've spent $100 on cases.. i hate you all.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.