The Microsoft XBox One Launch Thread

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by gkarris, Jul 22, 2013.

1. gkarris macrumors 604

gkarris

Talk about the Microsoft XBox One upcoming launch (now that all the DRM stuff is over... ;) ), new features, games, accessories, meet ups.

Interesting article on the future of the XBox:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/07/20/the-future-of-xbox

Please keep things "nice"... :eek:

:p

2. MRU Suspended

MRU

[​IMG]

The response is a bit tumbleweed in here.....

Surey there must be more MR members getting the one?

3. peskaa macrumors 68020

peskaa

4. gkarris thread starter macrumors 604

gkarris

5. peskaa macrumors 68020

peskaa

6. gkarris thread starter macrumors 604

gkarris

Back on track here....

Was just at the MS Store - they are, of course going to have a release party that day. Cool giveaways, and trying out the new consoles for those of us not able to get one at launch...

7. gkarris thread starter macrumors 604

gkarris

8. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

9. Taustin Powers macrumors regular

If enough people complain about, they're gonna backtrack on that, too. No bundled Kinect, drop price to $399! :D

Maybe next time they should do some market research beforehand...or kindly ask Sony for some pointers! ;)

10. gkarris thread starter macrumors 604

gkarris

There are rumors already that MS may drop the price to $459.99 to match the price of a PS4 with the camera....

11. peskaa macrumors 68020

peskaa

12. gkarris thread starter macrumors 604

gkarris

13. jedolley macrumors 68000

It's more special to create your own thread...

This is ironic because the sides were reversed last time. The big difference here is that Sony did not cave or back track until after launch.

I think MS really thought they had built a following to the point they could get away with just about anything. I mean they convinced people to pay $60/year to have online access and multiplayer. It seems obvious now that they had no clue about the backlash they were going to receive.

The back tracking is almost complete. Still not enough for me, there needs to be a non-Kinect version. No reason not to now, since it's no longer "required"

14. Liquorpuki macrumors 68020

Liquorpuki

They need to stop backtracking and let the tech decide itself

Personally I want a Kinect that's fully integrated so its potential is maximized by developers and used alongside conventional controls. I don't want niche tech like a PS Eye, relegated to Zumba games and crappy stuff on rails

----------

They should just have faith in their vision, stop the backtracking, release the console w/ the mandatory Kinect, let the tech evolve until it's a major selling point, and people will happily spend $500 a year later

15. jedolley macrumors 68000

I actually agree with your point even if its not the console I would purchase. I still think motion control (Kinect included) are all still a gimmick. Personally, my issue has never been about the stuff they have back tracked on... For this generation, I am going PS4 partly because I despise the Xbox Live model.

16. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Almost there now. Just needs a price reduction to put it on par with the PS4 and maybe a boost in specs.

I guess it's too late to ask for the ability to replace our own HDD (if there's one thing that stops me buying digital downloads - it's running out of room for them, and I won't be buying your propriety expensive BS, Microsoft and PS Vita)

17. Richdmoore macrumors 68000

Richdmoore

I would be happy to just be able to plug in a USB 3 hard drive and store games and other media on that. Let the internal hard drive simply be used for the base system functions, for those that choose.

18. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I don't consider that a fix for the Wii U, it's just not as simple as adding in a bigger hard drive. Needs another power supply, adds noise, another component to fail. To be honest I'm surprised the PS4 will let us replace the HDD.

19. gkarris thread starter macrumors 604

gkarris

20. musicpenguy macrumors 65816

For the Wii U I like the trade off of 32GB for core system features and using externals for big retail releases. I like the fact that SSD is more reliable, smaller, and quiet.

The Wii U is more likely to last decades like GC, N64 etc. - that is something that would not be possible in a hard drive based system.

21. peskaa macrumors 68020

peskaa

http://t.co/chDFMPyDvl

XBone launch delayed in 8 EU markets, namely Belgium, Denmark, Finland, Netherlands, Norway, Russia, Sweden and Switzerland.

Sorry guys.

22. jedolley macrumors 68000

I just saw that too...

The Xbone will probably end up doing well, but how it's been handled so far has been a joke.

23. musicpenguy macrumors 65816

USA is where the XBox does well - not sure this will make too big a dent in their figures ...

24. jedolley macrumors 68000

Your statement is exactly the reason why MS can't struggle in the EU. PS has historically (at least this current gen) been stronger in the EU and has allowed them to keep pace with MS in worldwide sales. I imagine that the PS4 numbers will be much closer to the Xbone in the US this time around, so struggling in the EU is not wise for MS.

25. musicpenguy macrumors 65816

The question is does Microsoft care about the rest of the world? For whatever reason it has always felt to be the USA console and that is part of its appeal for some ...