The MLB 2010 Season Thread

MacNut

macrumors Core
Original poster
Jan 4, 2002
CT
Here we go, a week away from spring training and 6 weeks from the start of baseball.

The Yankees are the Champions and looking to defend the title.:cool:

Attachments

Koodauw

macrumors 68040
Nov 17, 2003
Madison
As a Yankees fan I have to see I like the changes we made in the starting rotation, but I think our outfield leaves a bunch to be desired, even with Granderson. They also added tons of payroll once again, which never works out.

MacNut

macrumors Core
Original poster
Jan 4, 2002
CT
As a Yankees fan I have to see I like the changes we made in the starting rotation, but I think our outfield leaves a bunch to be desired, even with Granderson. They also added tons of payroll once again, which never works out.
With Damon gone it will be interesting to see how it works out. He might have a great season or the Yankees could have gotten rid of him just in time.

quagmire

macrumors 603
Apr 19, 2004
I hope to make it to the new Yankee Stadium this year( though probably won't get as great seats as we did back in 2008 when I went to see a game in the old Yankee Stadium because they are expensive as crap still) and see old Yankee Stadium again before it is completely demolished. :(

With the Damon drama, I am reaffirmed that the Yankees made a mistake on letting Matsui go. Matsui would have been cheap( $6.5 million) and wasn't greedy unlike Damon. Seeing Damon have to accept an offer that is going to be lower then the Yankee's offer is just too sweet. Damon should have learned from the A-Rod mess back in 2007 when Boras tried to get greedy again. Then A-Rod said screw him and signed back with the Yankees. :)

quagmire

macrumors 603
Apr 19, 2004
So Wang has signed with the Nationals with a $2 million one year contract.

I have mixed feelings. Hey, I am happy my home team finally has a good starter pitcher. But, I am of course I a Yankee fans first so I think the Yankees made a mistake in letting him go.... Hopefully he does well this season so when/if Pettitte retires next year, the Yankees will get back Wang to replace Andy.

The Nationals have agreed to terms on a one-year, $2 million contract with right-hander Chien-Ming Wang, two baseball sources confirmed to MLB.com on Tuesday.

The Nationals are scheduled to hold a news conference on Friday at Space Coast Stadium in Viera, Fla.

Newsday, The Boston Globe and the United Daily News, a Taiwanese newspaper, indicated last week that a deal was done. The Nationals have not confirmed that Wang has signed with the team.

According to the United Daily News, Nationals president Stan Kasten visited Taiwan's deputy ambassador, Daton Chang, last Friday and confirmed that Wang was going to sign with Washington and that the team would make an announcement Tuesday.

When reached by phone, Kasten declined to talk about Wang. General manager Mike Rizzo was not available for comment because he is in Tampa, Fla., dealing with right-hander Brian Bruney's arbitration case.
http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20100216&content_id=8079682&vkey=news_was&fext=.jsp&c_id=was

In other news. Upper deck is coming down.

robo

macrumors 65816
Feb 1, 2005
Here we go, a week away from spring training and 6 weeks from the start of baseball.

The Yankees are the Champions and looking to defend the title.:cool:
Dude
I don't want to bust your balls,but it's hockey season:) Go Team USA...:)

Will see you in the series again...:D

Peace

MacNut

macrumors Core
Original poster
Jan 4, 2002
CT
Dude
I don't want to bust your balls,but it's hockey season:) Go Team USA...:)

Will see you in the series again...:D

Peace
This isn't Canada, there is never a hockey season here.:cool:

TSE

macrumors 68030
Jun 25, 2007
St. Paul, Minnesota
Hahahahaha Damon just got owned. I never liked him, never will. The Tigers definitely have a crowded outfield now.

Twins are going to hopefully win the AL Central, never know though.

alansmallen

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2007
Hahahahaha Damon just got owned. I never liked him, never will. The Tigers definitely have a crowded outfield now.

Twins are going to hopefully win the AL Central, never know though.
I think most of Twins players are going to get hypothermia from playing at Target in April

leomac08

macrumors 68020
Jul 12, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
LETS GO ANGELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lets' see how godzilla does! the angels have a new line-up from the 09 squad. Sadly the angels lost Vladimir Guerrero!:(

and lets go Dodgers too......

even though the dodgers won't be coming back with the original 09 squad they will come strong.

I even heard that Eric Gagne might come back.:rolleyes:

MacNut

macrumors Core
Original poster
Jan 4, 2002
CT
The Rays might be a strong contender this year making for a good 3 team AL east race.

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
You watch too much ESPN, all they ever talk about is football. Old news, its spring now. Football wont matter again until September.

Football always matters.

Huge signing for the Jets, CB Antonio Cromartie.

We now return you to boring old baseball. :D

furcalchick

macrumors 68020
Dec 19, 2006
South Florida
has anyone been watching mlb network the past few days with their 30 clubs in 30 days previews? the rays were the latest to have one. it's awesome. can't wait.