The most annoying thing about Apple Music app

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by Goldfrapp, Jul 6, 2015.

1. Goldfrapp macrumors 68040

Goldfrapp

Can't make all of your songs available offline with one tap. Not even 100 taps if you have more than 100 albums/artists.

Unbelievable.

2. iphonehype macrumors 6502

what about if you create and put it in a playlist?

3. penajmz, Jul 6, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2015

penajmz macrumors 68030

penajmz

Some people's library contain thousands and thousand and thousands of songs. Imagine that.

4. hojx macrumors 6502

hojx

In iTunes you can create a smart playlist with Media Kind = Music (hence all songs). Then Make Available Offlinr the entire playlist from Music.app

5. chabig macrumors 68040

Sure you can. Use a playlist, like iphonehype suggested. Here is a smart playlist I created in iTunes that contains all my music:
    [​IMG]
    On the iOS device, tap on the ellipsis and choose "Make Available Offline. Done.

6. Phil A. Moderator

Phil A.

Staff Member

The last thing I would want would be my entire library downloading if I accidentally tapped a single button - it'd take forever!

7. goobot macrumors 603

goobot

Just have a confirm message…

8. GreyOS macrumors 68030

9. gsmumbo macrumors regular

gsmumbo

8.4.1? You mean 9.0? (This is the iOS 9 board)

10. zhenya macrumors 603

zhenya

There wasn't a way to do this in the Beats app, and I don't think there is a way to do it with Spotify either - it's all playlist based - just like Apple Music.

11. StevenB14 macrumors regular

StevenB14

In Spotify you can make the all songs list be offline. Any further song you add to your music automatically downloads for offline.

12. zhenya macrumors 603

zhenya

That all songs list is effectively just another playlist though, right? Just an automatically populated one. I guess from the iOS interface there is no easy way to add all songs to a playlist, but it's easily done from iTunes.

13. Wicked1 macrumors 68040

Wicked1

I absolutely hate the new Music App, everything gets so boring and much more confusing, they are doing what Microsoft does with their OS. I have not followed much of what is going on with iOS 9 but I can not stand the new Music app, might be the thing that forces me to Android. I am not into joining music services, I buy what I want, but even just finding a song is a PITA.

14. StevenB14 macrumors regular

StevenB14

It's seperate from the playlists. You have Playlists, Songs, Albums and Artists under Your Music in Spotify. The songs section allows you to tell it to make all available offline. Any time you add something to Your Music it automatically gets downloaded for offline.

15. hojx macrumors 6502

hojx

If you are not into MUSIC, switch it off from Music settings panel.
    You can switch off Connect from General > Restrictions settings panel.

16. GreyOS macrumors 68030

no I mean 8.4.1. These problems apply to 8.4 music player and my point was precisely that it can't wait till 9.0.

17. fgaleano macrumors newbie

fgaleano

Hi guys Im new here! I actually really like apple music. Before I've never used spotify or any other service, i would download music to my mac and then transfer it to my iphone, BUT yesterday i was going through my music on my iPhone and i wanted to listen to a bonus track from the new florence and the machine delux version from target (which these 2 song are only available on the physical copy not on itunes) and it wouldn't let me play those two songs. Then i went to play a lady gaga concert (which is not official audio, its a pro recording from a fan) and all those songs were replaced by the actual studio songs! I am wondering if i should just go back to my old habit of downlading music from my mac and then transfer it to my iphone... it would suck cuz i really like apple music.

Another question i have is... is it all the music i have on my iphone (that i transfer from my mac to my iphone) is it actually playing it from my iphone or is it streaming all of it?

BY THE WAY i have iOS 9 beta 2 i don't know if this has anything to do...

18. aberrero macrumors 6502a

So easy to use, no wonder it's Number One!

19. marvz macrumors 6502a

marvz

What? Nobody is forcing you to use Apple Music... Spotify, Tidal, etc. to name a few of the other.
    And saying it's so confusing, have fun using Android! xD

20. nheilweil macrumors 6502a

nheilweil

If you have 9b2, you don't have Apple Music yet. Beats 1 plays in 9b2 but you don't have Apple Music's premium service which streams any song, or the "New" or "For You" or "Connect" tabs functionality or the curated radio playlists.

The songs you're playing are either yours stored locally on your phone or your songs streaming via iTunes Match if you have that.

21. Shirasaki macrumors 603

Shirasaki

Thank you for sharing it. I tried to ask an apple staff in store for confirmation but failed.

Now I can completely remove anything related to Apple music from my device once it is available on next beta.

22. Shirasaki macrumors 603

Shirasaki

I bet android would be more complex. Oh, if third party apps could simplify it, that would be great.

23. Futhark macrumors 65816

Futhark

If you use Siri you can pick any song you want from Apple Music, I've tried it and it works perfectly. As of now I can't click on Beats 1 Play Now but so I speak it to Siri and it works perfectly.

24. maxnaud macrumors newbie

maxnaud

Is it possible to separate the albums in LPs, EPs and "featured on"? It is pretty annoying that they are all mixed up (especially in electronic music as people often release singles or EPs instead of LPs)... Spotify does a pretty good job at separating them and I hope Apple will have a look at this...

Another thing that I find a little annoying is that when you click on "Albums", then the information about the qty. of tunes and the year of release isn't written anymore...

25. Goldfrapp thread starter macrumors 68040

Goldfrapp

I think I need a little help here. So, I've created the smart playlist in iTunes. But it doesn't show up on my iPhone. What do I do?