The Most Interesting Features in Samsung's New Galaxy Note 10+ Flagship Smartphone

ESPressoX

Suspended
Jul 19, 2019
This is simply wrong. Japan just approved another 9 month supply for Samsung. That means they have 9 months to secure even more supply, and to bring other suppliers up to speed. Honestly, the global market would mobilize to protect Samsung's chip and screen manufacturing if there was a real threat.
Wrong again.

9 month thingie you mention was just for the photoresist.
Samsung and other semi-conductor manufacturers in S.Korea can not and will not get their hands on hydrogen flouride from Japan ever again. Period.

By the way, S.Korea just got taken off from Japan's white list status today and was placed in a new category below Afghanistan, N.Korea, Iran, etc. (S.Korea is at the bottom of page)
https://www.meti.go.jp/policy/anpo/apply08.html
You really shouldn't be risking your precious cash on electronics & automobiles from S.Korea now.

Global market is shifting supply chain to US, Taiwan, Japan & China, so you have nothing to worry about.
Don't forget your friend president Moon who is out to destroy conglomerates in S.Korea.

Last edited:

H3LL5P4WN

macrumors 68020
Jun 19, 2010
Pittsburgh PA
You could have been worthy of a debate, but you lost me with the childish "samedung" remarks. :rolleyes:
You're fine with Samedung's ad campaign that instead of promoting their products, attacks Apple?

Besides, there is no debate. I only deal in facts.

Last edited by a moderator:

Abazigal

macrumors G4
Jul 18, 2011
Singapore
I would imagine like any iPhone currently does without a case or other protective skin. Not very well.

Glass scratches, metal scratches, etc. My Xs Max looks awful currently.
My 8+ actually seems to be holding up better than my 6S+. By the end of 2 years, my 6S+’s aluminium back was full of nicks and scratches. Conversely, the glass back of my 8+ is still fine by comparison. No case or screen protector.

You're fine with Samedung's ad campaign that instead of promoting their products, attacks Apple?
In my opinion, Samsung’s ads speak more about themselves than it does about the competition they are trying to bash. As long as Samsung remains obsessed with beating Apple, they will never be able to be true to themselves and design the products they want to make.

That’s the true tragedy, and this is why Samsung can never beat Apple, because they still don’t know, in their hearts, what it is they want to stand for.

And Apple does.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: GalileoSeven

TheSapient

macrumors member
May 26, 2017
Wrong again.

9 month thingie you mention was just for the photoresist.
Samsung and other semi-conductor manufacturers in S.Korea can not and will not get their hands on hydrogen flouride from Japan ever again. Period.

By the way, S.Korea just got taken off from Japan's white list status today and was placed in a new category below Afghanistan, N.Korea, Iran, etc. (S.Korea is at the bottom of page)
https://www.meti.go.jp/policy/anpo/apply08.html
You really shouldn't be risking your precious cash on electronics & automobiles from S.Korea now.

Global market is shifting supply chain to US, Taiwan, Japan & China, so you have nothing to worry about.
Don't forget your friend president Moon who is out to destroy conglomerates in S.Korea.
You are right that the 9 month supply if for the photoresist. The supply for hydrogen flouride is 2 months with more to be announced soon. The new restrictions create more paperwork, and add delay of likely weeks, but possibly months. This is an annoyance to Samsung, not a real threat. It is more saber rattling between the two countries. You will notice how Samsung's stock has not collapsed.

You refer to Moon as my "friend", just as you described Samsung as being people's "beloved". You seem to be ascribing your own relationship with a corporation to other people. But that is a mistake. I've no interest in worshiping a corporation. I don't buy products out of a feeling of subservience. I buy what I feel is best for me. I've purchased smart phones from Samsung, Apple, HTC, LG, and Motorola. I don't worship companies for making something I choose. I don't hate companies for making something I don't choose. I currently have a Samsung device, but you won't find me feverishly fantasizing about minor trade issues destroying other companies.

FFR

Suspended
Nov 4, 2007
London
Reactions: H3LL5P4WN and I7guy

dannys1

macrumors 68030
Sep 19, 2007
UK
well, and the USC-C and battery life..

I want USB-C because I have an iPad Pro and want to use the same cables. My lightning cables are about to the point they need to be replaced anyways.
Fair enough - I'm not too bothered about the USB-C/Lightning thing, I have both dotted around all over the place and i'm going to need lightning for keyboard, mouse, Powerbeats Pro, girlfriends phone, Apple Watch dock and a few other things for a while yet. I've got USB-C and lightning charges (and USB-C to lightning) dotted around all over the place so I don't mind which it takes really.

Battery life isn't much of a concern to me anymore either - I get up with 100%, I usually have it on a charging mat when i'm not using it and I often plug it back in with 20-50% left. Unless the jump in battery is going to let me use it for 3 days without plugging it in at all i'm not too concerned...for as long as it always needs charging each night it might as well be near empty when I come to do it.
[doublepost=1567081401][/doublepost]
400 bucks vs something that comes with a phone, literally apple vs orange here lol
Yeah but the Apple Watch is now a gadget I rather not live without - where as a little pencil that came with my phone would never ever get used. The AW gives me a view finder too.

If you just want a button to take photos remotely you can get bluetooth ones for about a fiver.

ilikewhey

macrumors 65816
May 14, 2014
nyc upper east
Fair enough - I'm not too bothered about the USB-C/Lightning thing, I have both dotted around all over the place and i'm going to need lightning for keyboard, mouse, Powerbeats Pro, girlfriends phone, Apple Watch dock and a few other things for a while yet. I've got USB-C and lightning charges (and USB-C to lightning) dotted around all over the place so I don't mind which it takes really.

Battery life isn't much of a concern to me anymore either - I get up with 100%, I usually have it on a charging mat when i'm not using it and I often plug it back in with 20-50% left. Unless the jump in battery is going to let me use it for 3 days without plugging it in at all i'm not too concerned...for as long as it always needs charging each night it might as well be near empty when I come to do it.
[doublepost=1567081401][/doublepost]

Yeah but the Apple Watch is now a gadget I rather not live without - where as a little pencil that came with my phone would never ever get used. The AW gives me a view finder too.

If you just want a button to take photos remotely you can get bluetooth ones for about a fiver.
i have aw4, i can live without it. different folks different strokes.

sirozha

macrumors 6502a
Jan 4, 2008
I haven’t had an Android as my daily driver since the Nexus days, but I still see in literally almost every single flagship Android review (even in 2018 & 2019) phrases like “barely any noticeable lag switching from home screen to home screen!”...
As long as that is something that hugely pro Android sites still feel is worth bragging about- a BRAND NEW device having “barely any lag” while literally doing nothing but looking at the screen... I don’t think your snarky comment has even the teeniest bit of bite.
How is this a snarky remark? You've just confirmed that you haven't touched an Android phone in a while, which is EXACTLY what I thought.

Dave.UK

macrumors 65816
Sep 24, 2012
Kent, UK

Besides, there is no debate. I only deal in facts.
Yup, i'm fine with that. Was you fine with the Mac vs PC ads?

Someone that states that only deal in facts usually doesn't. The fact that you use the term 'samedung' is so chidish and cringeworthy that you lose any credability you may have had.
[doublepost=1567186383][/doublepost]
You have point there.

Another fail for Samsung, it just keeps getting worse.

Samsung doesn't need racists to wage its green bubble crusade
https://www.androidcentral.com/samsung-doesnt-need-racists-wage-its-green-bubble-crusade
Of course Apple have never employed a racist........
https://www.cultofmac.com/397375/apple-is-open-says-tim-cook-in-email-on-racism/

Reactions: Oohara

rjohnstone

macrumors 68040
Dec 28, 2007
PHX, AZ.
They hired a spokesperson to represent their brand and device.

And still remain silent.
I don't think you understand how that relationship works.
Samsung hires an advertising company to create an ad campaign. The ad company finds a designer to create the content.
That relationship is between the ad company and the designer. The creator of the content is not a "spokesperson". They were hired to create content. They were not hired to speak on Samsung's behalf (that is what a spokesperson does).
Not defending anyone here, just pointing out the complexity of the relationships. The fact is, 99.9% of the people seeing the green bubble thing don't give a damn who created it and probably never will.
A few keyboard warriors on the internet found some past ignorant rantings from the designer... color me shocked! :eek: No one really cares.:rolleyes:
And just like the green bubble ad, no one will remember it a few months from now. Hell most people have probably forgotten it already.

FFR

Suspended
Nov 4, 2007
London
I don't think you understand how that relationship works.
Samsung hires an advertising company to create an ad campaign. The ad company finds a designer to create the content.
That relationship is between the ad company and the designer. The creator of the content is not a "spokesperson". They were hired to create content. They were not hired to speak on Samsung's behalf (that is what a spokesperson does).
Not defending anyone here, just pointing out the complexity of the relationships. The fact is, 99.9% of the people seeing the green bubble thing don't give a damn who created it and probably never will.
A few keyboard warriors on the internet found some past ignorant rantings from the designer... color me shocked! :eek: No one really cares.:rolleyes:
And just like the green bubble ad, no one will remember it a few months from now. Hell most people have probably forgotten it already.
No I actually do know how it works. Samsung’s outreach and influencer program is in house.

So what’s the name of the ad company that’s responsible for this mess?

Or are you just making things up?