Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

symphony

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Aug 25, 2016
It's not just for the app icons, but icons in general.

The icons in System Preferences are atrocious, especially all the apps right now.

Everything about the new UI I love, including the iOS-like app icons, but they should've just used iOS icons if iOS apps can now run on macOS with ARM processors in the future.

These icons look like they are from a jailbreak tweak. The new folder icons are displeasing, make them like iOS!!!

iOrbit

macrumors 6502a
Mar 8, 2012
I like the basic philosophy of the aesthetic of the OS but hate the icon direction.

However, there was a few icons in there that I think would have been a good direction and balance between unifying the iOS / MacOS icons, but still in keeping of OS X.

I like the GarageBand icon. There was a few they made that were similar; it had the iOS scquare icon as a backdrop to a 3D sort of icon in front. I think that would have been the best way to go. Its possible they just havent finished updating icons and they will be refined as more OS 11 versions roll out?

symphony

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Aug 25, 2016
What drugs are Apple smoking

Screen Shot 2020-06-22 at 4.08.14 PM.png

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.