The new Facebook homepage

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Theclamshell, Feb 5, 2010.

1. Theclamshell macrumors 68030

So,
    The Geniuses at Facebook have once again decided to make a change to their site. It has not happened to my home page yet but i saw my dads and its the new one.

Well, the chat bar is hanging down in the bottom unaligned. The search bar is unaligned at the top left with the notifications next to it. Apparently also you can't filter what shows up on your feed anymore. If i see any farmville i am going to delete my account. So once again, F^&*book has failed.

What do you all think?

2. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

I think they switch it around to get you to try new things. Over all it may account for more clicks and there is a chance you may click a advertisement.

3. twistedlegato macrumors 65816

twistedlegato

They're changing it again? I really miss how it used to be in 2008 before the first version of "new" facebook was forced upon us. Remember when your status always had a ''is'' right after your name? Just thinking about that reminds me of how decent the site used to actually be.

I really wish i didn't have to depend on it for internet communication so much, but no one ever wants to use email or AIM/MSN anymore :(

EDIT: Just checked. I guess it's not in effect for me yet either...

4. Surely Guest

Surely

I only access it on my iPhone. I guess I'll have to take a look at it one day to see if it bothers me or not.

5. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I should be annoyed by it but it's a nice change I think. As soon as I type the address in my eyes don't have to do much moving to see the notifications. And since they load first now I can check for them and just close the page. So a nice speed update for me. Glad it just affected the home page and not the user profiles though.

6. roadbloc macrumors G3

roadbloc

I think the new facebook home page is vile. It's so confusing. I just use facebook mobile now, it's simpler.

7. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

[​IMG]

It makes me so angry how much better this version was, that said the new version does look like an improvement over the current version - at least it has links to events and stuff.

8. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

9. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

A bag of hurt

Woof, Woof - Dawg [​IMG]

10. HE15MAN macrumors 6502a

HE15MAN

11. FSMBP macrumors 68020

FSMBP

True dat, MacDawg.

I liked it back when it was used for it's original purpose for college kids. I signed up and found it great that it wasn't filled with 50 year old men and grandmas like MySpace.

Oh well, I guess Zuckerberg only cares about $ and forgot that "Appeal to everyone, excite no one" mantra.

12. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

This is the new Facebook; And it truly sucks. About 5 of my friends have it, and they say it sucks. I kind of feel special that I was "chosen" to have this new facebook though :p

Attached Files:

13. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Haha, that looks pretty awful. As much as people complain, nobody will delete their accounts.... as usual.

14. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple

But everyone will say it's the bane of their existence, I don't get what all the complaining is about, it still works, you can still do everything you used to be able to... It's a free service, if you paid for it I could understand complaining, it's melodrama personified.

15. clarkmichelle macrumors newbie

Yes it’s awesome, they always try something different. I am waiting for that change to happen soon.

16. greygray macrumors 68000

greygray

It's getting messier ever since I started using it early 2008.

17. dmr727 macrumors G3

dmr727

So wait, is everyone going back to MySpace now?

18. greygray macrumors 68000

greygray

Guess so. Or FRIENDSTER. :(

Maybe not. :D

19. Compile 'em all macrumors 601

Compile 'em all

Are you serious? This looks horrible.

20. iOrlando macrumors 68000

I'm not sure what that pic is of, but that is not how the new layout is. That actually looks like facebook from 2-3 years ago.

the profile page didn't change at all. What did change is how you view pictures, friends, and groups etc. (all on the left hand side of the page). It seems a little more awkward than the previous layout. For example, if you are looking at someone's pictures, I'm not sure how to go look at other people'
    s photos with one click, instead I have to go back to home, then do a few more clicks.

21. Shotglass macrumors 65816

Shotglass

I don't get what all the fuss is about. Everytime Facebook changes its look it's for the better. And every single time, everybody but me gets their panties up in a bunch without realizing that there's an actual improvement.

Also, I don't see the new layout yet, so I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about :cool:

22. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

So far they haven't pushed the new layout to my page. By all accounts, people are hating it. Nobody seems to like it. Since I don't have it yet, I cannot really judge it.

23. Qwertylizer macrumors regular

The old one was much better. Now it's just very buggy. Even though they want users to try new things I stick with my routines.

24. bigandy macrumors G3

bigandy

Well I certainly didn't just revert back to being 11 years old, so no fear of that here.

25. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

That's what it is. And it was so much more functional.