The new facebook?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by twistedlegato, Jul 21, 2008.

1. twistedlegato macrumors 65816

twistedlegato

To be honest, i'm not really digging it. I do like the tabs, but the homepage and wall are pretty messed up to me.

Hopefully i'm not the only loser that's on facebook here (i highly doubt i am:D)

www.new.facebook.com

2. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

new? i dont see any changes. im confused

3. kornyboy macrumors 68000

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5A347 Safari/525.20)

I honestly haven't checked it out yet. I've been using facebook on my iPhone sO much that I rarely get on it with a desktop any more. I'll have to take a look now that you mention it.

4. bartelby macrumors Core

I'm glad I'm not the only one...:eek:

5. twistedlegato thread starter macrumors 65816

twistedlegato

6. bandaros macrumors member

The devs said that it will be a - I guess the word would be 'gradual' - release, meaning not everyone will see it straightaway - but it'll definitely be fully in over the next few days/weeks. It was officially released Sunday I think...

I just noticed the change about 10 minutes ago.

From my first few minutes of use - it feels a little too wide and empty to me - kind of like minimalist gone wrong or something... but I guess it may grow on me...

7. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

well i just went to the new one (following that link). looks pretty nice to me

8. JML42691 macrumors 68020

JML42691

Maybe this is why I haven't been able to upload any pictures for the past hour? But I haven't attempted the new one yet.

EDIT: The page layout is too wide and confusing after using it for a few minutes, if they made it more like the web app for the iPhone in means of tabs then it would be a little better, but it will take me some getting used to, but as of right now, I don't like it. I hate the new wall setup, and now I can't get back to the old version.

9. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

oh i dont like it. why do they change it for the sake of change???

10. djellison macrumors 68020

I thought Digg was something else

;)

Doug

11. tkidBOSTON macrumors 6502a

tkidBOSTON

I feel lost in it too but Im sure it will just take time to get used to.

In the meantime, Im changing my status to complain about it and joining any group I can find that petitions to bring the old facebook back. :rolleyes:

12. bandaros macrumors member

mkay, I'm REALLY not digging the wide and white empty space... It's really grinding my gears for some reason...

could've just made it a little more compact at least...

13. monke macrumors 65816

monke

I like it... well kind of.

It's different, lets put it that way.
    I find it's a lot more minimalistic, and open.

I haven't found it to be all that better though, it's just more uniform, page by page.

14. diehldun macrumors 6502a

I'm finding it pretty confusing... a lot of stuff isn't showing up in my profile, and it completely dis-organized my photos (wrong order).

15. bigandy macrumors G3

bigandy

I like it a little more than I thought I would.

16. Rojo macrumors 65816

Rojo

I'm ALL for change, and I like some of the ideas being implemented (tabs, applications being more hidden)...

...but overall I'm not loving it.

And no, I'm not unhappy just because some things were switched around. That's fine, if it ultimately works for the better. However, many features I used often and that were easily accessible before, I now have to scroll down in order to see, which is a drag. There's no way to rearrange the homescreen at the moment, but hopefully that's something they can allow in the final version.

The excessive amount of white space just looks....wrong. And many of the features just don't have optimal placement, in my opinion. In an effort to make things more simplified and streamlined, it "feels" more confusing than ever.

But I'm going to use the new version for a while (I see you can switch back to old version in the corner, at least), and see if I can get used to it. If not, I'll probably be joining the petitions to give us our old Facebook back...

17. BoyBach macrumors 68040

BoyBach

18. morespce54 macrumors 65816

morespce54

I guess the new layout fits better for different screen sizes (although, the old "narrow" design was fitting most of the screen sizes anyway).

I'm not sure yet. I guess it will grow on me but I'm so familiar with the old design, it feels a little bit like starting over again. And what's up with the Wall coming up first?

19. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I kinda prefer the old layout.

Soon as I get myself an iPhone I'll just be dealing with Facebook through that fancy free app. Ho hum.

20. bigandy macrumors G3

bigandy

The app is not good. You couldn't even write on people's walls until the update that came out today. The iphone.facebook.com site still exists and is still better than the app.

21. cycocelica macrumors 68000

cycocelica

Meh. Facebook has been going down hill ever since it opened its doors to everyone. This doesn't suprise me. Their old design was simple. This one just seems more messy and unorganized.

22. OscarTheGrouch macrumors 6502

hasn't rolled out to mine yet, but i will probably be ok with it. its still 100x better than myspace, and i dont mind the tabs.. helps with organization, especially with people that are idiots and have a gazillion apps etc. i dont access from a phone, i cant even figure out poking from my mobile device... im not an iphone user.

23. buffalo macrumors 65816

Still looks the same to me. I guess the haven't given me the update yet.

24. Prof. macrumors 601

Prof.

The new Facebook is FUGLY!!!!:mad:

Is there a way I can have the old one back?

EDIT: Never mind, I got it back to the old one :D

25. creator2456 macrumors 68000

creator2456

It's definitely too spaced out (wide and white). It also manages to make info much harder to find. Instead of everything being on one page that you can scroll through, you need to navigate to a button and click then navigate.