Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CMD is me

macrumors 6502
Dec 7, 2006
I joined just so I could easily send a friend photos. Then I started getting all these "be my friend" requests. Interesting concept, but I've yet to use it since... though it seems like a lot people want to be friends.

macrumors 65816
Oct 31, 2007
Washington D.C. Area
Meh... It's ok I guess. Right now I find it a little weird but I'm giving myself time to adjust to it. I think that there's too much white space though which makes it seem too blank but maybe it'll grow on me. I also don't like how all of the apps disappeared and you have to reload them or is that just me?

spetykowski

macrumors member
Sep 1, 2007
i didn't like it very much at first, mainly the combined wall and mini-feed. but i really like it now. everything is much more organized. :)

Schtumple

macrumors 601
Jun 13, 2007
benkadams.com
I thought it was very confusing at first, but then again, when I first FIRST used facebook it seriously confused me...

Overall though it's nice, much cleaner, although being able to easily post a picture into your wall & it now taking much longer to upload an entire album, not so good...

Shotgun OS

macrumors 6502a
Dec 18, 2006
Ohio
I think it's complete garbage. It all blends together too much. The wall with the mini-feed is an example. Also, I don't like how my apps just kinda jumped into an unknown cave.
I used this explanation before: It looks like the owner of Facebook took the entire webpage, threw it up in the air, and let it come crashing down onto the floor. Everything looks the same, except its all in different places now. Visually, it's a broken webpage.

Renderz

macrumors 6502
Feb 27, 2004
I think it's complete garbage. It all blends together too much. The wall with the mini-feed is an example. Everything looks the same, except its all in different places now. Visually, it's a broken webpage.

I agree, but I can understand why they're doing it. Some of my friend's pages where just rediculously huge; they installed every frickin' application out there!! They have no design sense and chucked everything on.

kretzy

macrumors 604
Sep 11, 2004
Canberra, Australia
One week on and I'm now starting to like the changes. :)

Same here. I really love that I don't have to trawl through people's applications, that litter their profiles, to get to their walls which is all I'm really interested in. I think if I had to go back to the old version now, I'd be really frustrated with it.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
I like that it puts apps to one side but I'd like all updates to be listed. New pics, new status things in one big list. Not keen on jumping from tab to tab.
I suppose it's growing on me.

Kardashian

macrumors 68020
Sep 4, 2005
Britain.
Hate it. If they resolved these issues:

1. Changed the wall so you can set a default preference (ie: show a mixture of yours and other peoples feeds, or just other peoples, or just your own)
  2. Actually moved ALL the applications onto the boxes tab - not just SOME

It would be better than the old Facebook, IMO.

But since these are the 2 main things I use (Wall) and find annoying (Applications - I hate them) - until these are fixed, it will be considered worse than the 'old' Facebook, to me.

I was expecting an iPhone-style interface.

L

Lau

It's too wide for my iBook screen. :( I know a 1024x768 screen is small these days, and I know a fair few websites that are too wide, but the thing that annoys me about it is there's loads of wasted space and it's badly designed. Surely the left column could compress if you made the window narrower, rather than at the moment, it just hides the more important right column. If it was just built as a proper flexible layout it would be fine.

Apart from that, I don't mind it – it's hard to find my way around at the moment but I imagine I'll get used to it, and it's great to hide everyone's annoying applications. :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.