The new iPhone color.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SweetThuy, Oct 23, 2015.

?

Do you like the Rose Gold?

1. Yes

90 vote(s)
    65.7%
  2. No

47 vote(s)
    34.3%
  1. SweetThuy macrumors newbie

I wanted to know everyone's opinion about the new rose gold. Mainly for a guy. When I first saw pictures I thought it was horribly pink but the more I look at it the more I want it and the more copper like it looked to me.

2. Charadis macrumors 6502a

Looked more like copper to me. I'm getting it, haven't ordered, yet. Straight male

3. Wayward macrumors member

I like a black bezel, and think rose gold would look killer with a black bezel.

4. EdMan macrumors 6502

EdMan

When I saw it in person it looked more pink to me. Not a fan.

5. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

I prefer the black front, but I'd say the Rose Gold is my second favorite. If you like it then get it.

6. Subwaymac macrumors regular

Subwaymac

I think Apple wanted to appeal to a certain customer (women) so they came up with a pink phone. Apple has a license to print money and they just added a new press!

7. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

I dislike it. Its not horrible but it's definitely not good.

8. GrumpyMom macrumors 601

GrumpyMom

See it in person first. It can look very salmony pink sometimes. Don't rely on just pictures.

9. SweetThuy thread starter macrumors newbie

What's attracting me to the rose gold is probably that I have own every iPhone color except rose gold (because it's new). I'm going to the T-Mobile store tomorrow to buy a 6s Plus, which hopefully they have in stores by now. So I'm deciding to stay black or rose gold.

10. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

Well in that case you should get Rose Gold just to finish up the collection ;)

11. eyoungren, Oct 23, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2015

eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

It's neither here nor there to me. My wife has the 128GB 6s in Rose Gold so I know what it looks like. It's ok. As a guy, I'd be ok with carrying it.

All that said, my wife is pretty meh about it. She actually prefers the gold of her previous 6.

12. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

Do you think people are purposely convincing themselves that it looks more copper than it is pink to justify that the color is manly enough? If you like the color ,buy it, who really cares if you have a pink-like iphone

13. bembol macrumors 65816

bembol

At first I picked it up because it's identified easier as the new iPhone but after a few weeks, I love the colour for what it is.

14. AppleChic76 macrumors 6502

AppleChic76

I hate it. I've had it since launch day and thought it's grow on me. It has not. Bottom line? It's a pink phone. No rose gold, no copper, no nothing but...pink. LOL. Used one of my JUMPs to get a 6s Plus in Gold. Should be here 10/28.

15. AppleChic76 macrumors 6502

AppleChic76

Me, too! LOL.

16. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

It's totally pink. It's a nice color. I'd buy one if it didn't have a white bezel.

17. Spencerdl macrumors 65816

Spencerdl

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1445661598.298261.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1445661615.967761.jpg

I took these photos at the Apple Store with my 6 Plus and I now have the Space Gray 6s Plus. I actually like the new color, but I prefer the black face.

18. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

Interesting, I haven't seen this new color in person, but from these photos, I see where it may look copper.

19. Spencerdl macrumors 65816

Spencerdl

It's one of those colors that change depending on the angle and lighting...different. If it had a black face I might have gotten it....maybe next year with the iPhone 7

20. karmatourer macrumors 6502a

karmatourer

Who cares what others think. If you like it,get it. It's your dosh.

21. chasonstone macrumors regular

chasonstone

I was in an Apple store yesterday for the first time since they announced the 6s, as there isn't one close to me (at least an hour and a half out.) Anyway, I wanted to see the color in person. I don't hate it, but it definitely looks pink to me. With that being said I like it way more than the original gold. Also, go with whatever color you like the best. It doesn't matter if you're a guy, girl, gay, straight, whatever. Just get the color that you like.

I personally wish Apple would have added another black bezeled option instead. Ideally black on black would probably be my go to, but I guess Space Grey is the best we'll get. I think a navy color could be good. I have a White/Silver 6 Plus and while I do love the color I think I'm learning I really just prefer a black bezel. I went Original > Black 3gs > Black 4 > White 4s > Black 5 > White 6 Plus and I think I'm just learning black bezel is more practical.

22. rsnhakan macrumors member

23. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

Most images I have seen and the two time I have seen in real life the phone was pink. If you like it, get it and be proud. It is just not for me.

24. ROLLTIDE1 macrumors 65816

It doesn't look pink once it's outside of the store light

25. Rackness01 macrumors member

I don't know I think this topic could use another 50 just like it. Just to be sure.